What kind of fight do you like?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quiiliitiila, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Quiiliitiila

So yesterday I rolled into a little fight at Tawrich, 12-24 v 12-24 VS against NC. We were doing well, but suddenly the NC got some massive reinforcements. We were quickly crushed and sent reeling back to Broken Arch Road and managed to put up a small amount of resistance before being pushed back to Crossroads Watch Tower (well halfway to Crossroads, we managed to get a stack of armor at the bend in the road).

What then proceeded was what I call a fantastic battle. Both sides had equal pop (50% and 48+), and for the next 3 hours we duked it out. Our monarch was there (looking at you ViXeN :D) as well as a large representation of quite a few outfits.

So my question to you is what kind of fight do you like? Many people I speak with in-game are sick of large scale battles that take more than 30 minutes... That's the exact opposite of me I LOVE the fights that grind out for hours, with back and forths for both sides. People are sick of the lattice system, one guy I spoke with said he was most likely not going to be playing much longer when the lattice hits Amerish.

So, do you like working for your fights or do you like capping in 30 minutes or less (like your pizza :p)
  2. TheBloodEagle

I used to really love the open field battles between bases especially around Crossroads; we'd go back and forth with deploying Sundies, there'd be wide firing lines, tracers flying everywhere, etc; Now it bugs me. I just like Amp station fights now.
    • Up x 2
  3. HMR85

Any fight where I am outnumbered. Also, I prefer open field fights. I find them extremely enjoyable and nice change of pace from slogging it out around outposts.
  4. v1zor

i like massive back and forth battles with equal populations where every faction has to push 110% to succeed. no time to eat, no time to take a p*ss, no time to smoke. and if you succeed after a big effort and hunt the remaining poor basterds over open field and everyone shoots after them with everything they have even if they cant hit him -> awesome
    • Up x 1
  5. faykid

amp station fights are the best for me
    second place biolabs unless it is 100+ on each side, then people pop out of thin air 1-2 m in front of you as you go
    the worst is tech plant, i hate those
  6. Giggily

I like fights where the enemy kills my HA with things other than MAX suits, rocket launchers, mines, or sniping.

I am starting to get tired of those.
  7. Quiiliitiila

Why not tech plants? I enjoy fighting for control of the top floor (if the enemy forces try to take it).

See; I don't mind getting MAXed to death, but dumbfire rockets to the face and suicide mines annoy the hell out of me. Especially the Suicide mines... If you carefully place the mine and I step on it, shame on me. But if you kamikaze through the lines and start vomiting mines on top of me, then I have a problem.
  8. eldarfalcongravtank

aww :( had to drop out right before the fight at crossroads actually began. but the fight over tawrich and broken arch still was incredible though. i supported our cause with my magrider and later with a liberator gunship. granted, my lib gunner killed some NC infantry at broken arch, still it was hell seeing all those lock-ons, reavers and phoenix rockets coming at my aircraft (yes i flew low to give my gunner a good shot). not to mention, it was funny to watch a full platoon of vanu infantry camping on the cliffs of the broken arch

also if ps2 does something right, it's the mass-battles on open ground and around facilities. this is why i enjoy this game.
    • Up x 1
  9. TheRighteous

I used to love massive battles in every game I played. Now I like relatively small, squad vs squad battles because you're not being lolpoded or destroyed by loads of tanks, and you're not getting shot in the back every time you engage someone
  10. Quiiliitiila

That's what was nice about the battle at Broken Arch/Crossroads, there were (oddly) almost no aircraft. It was just 100+ infantry on both sides and some armor. It was truly a glorious sight to behold, and even better to fight in! :D
    • Up x 1
  11. Quiiliitiila

Damn Straight!
  12. Prudentia

i love the small squadsized battles, where i know that in other bases there are similiar fights and our job is to force the enemy to keep troopers to neutralize us, so they can't go somewhere else.
    and i like last stands fights where there are just outfits and nothing else running around with burster squads, air wings, tank platoons and AT teams on both sides and every single tactic in the game is used, MaxGalCrash, sundering sunderers, Liberator Carpet Bombing, artillery tank warfare.

Lattice removed the first fights, continent treshold the second. welcome to TDM.
  13. Gustavo M

• Up x 1
  14. Macinzon

The ones where I have decent fps so I can actually get some nice kill streaks going, and where I can pump-shot everyone to the face without some weird delay.
  15. FABIIK

As an almost exclusive defender, I find this REALLY annoying. It is very representative of how the PS2 facilities are badly built.
    I mean who in his right mind builds turrets in a position that makes them more useful to the attackers (spawn room down below...) than the defenders ??? /facepalm
  16. TFeldt

This. Absolutely this.

To be quite honest I'd like the kind of fights we've had for the last couple of days on Miller. VS and NC have been absolutely brutal, and I love it. Yes, TR has been underpopped on a couple of occasions (for a change), the alert last night comes to mind. But man, this is why I'm playing PS2.

Back and forth between lattice nodes like a bloody ping pong ball. Unstoppable force meeting immovable object. Over and over again. Had four mates just hang around watching the action around Rashnu bio-lab as we took the watchtower and cavern, got pushed back to NS material storage, then pushed back again for almost two hours. I salute thee NC, some of the most fun I've had in this game. Combined arms all the way.
  17. TheRighteous

Also, amp stations absolutely the best fights youre going to get
  18. Larolyn

Huge battles, open field, tanks, planes, bombers, harassers, lightnings, infantry. Everything all at once, preferably 48+. My fps hates it, me I love it. This is a combined arms game. Combine the arms and don't cut them off with artificial walls and choke points. Also lattice. Essential. Amerish is a beautiful place to fight, but without the lattice in place you just get armies by-passing one another and avoiding all combat. Too much back capping there.

I hate Esamir with a passion. From being best combined arms continent to cod wannabe over night. Stupid place it is. Arena battles belong in other games. My favourite is once again Indar. Probably stay that way until Amerish gets lattice in place. I love Snake Ravine, Crossroads, Xeno Tech. Awesome combined arms play there. There is plenty of natural cover on Indar due to mountain ranges, deep valleys and such like. There is nothing artificial about the way certain areas of combat remain separated.

Amerish has amazing bases. Auraxicom Substation, Lithcorp Mining, Splitpeak Pass. Many exciting battles. Lattice is only gonna improve the fighting on Amerish, I just hope and hope and hope that they do not go ahead with the dome shield or start putting walls up all over the place. The natural cover on Amerish exists, there are mountains everywhere, we don't need to castrate another continent to make more arena death matches.
    • Up x 1
  19. Quiiliitiila

Completely agree with you on that, the base layouts need a definite upgrade to be *gasp* defendable. I have had some good fights at techplants though, so I can't write them out completely...
  20. MasterDemoman

Large battles: Open fields with little cover, medium amount of allied and enemy armor, almost no air.
    Medium battles: Amp station medium sized battles are the best.
    Small battles: Small battles on small outposts, squad vs squad at most.

Overall, medium to large sized battles at amp stations are the best imo, assuming you're not getting lolpodded the second you walk outside... Here's an idea: buff base AA turrets.