What is your favourite assault rifle, and why? (All factions!)

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Dualice, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Dualice

The medic section seems a little quiet of late, so I figured this might be a nice conversation starter.

I go through phases of enjoying different things at different times. At the moment I'm having a lot of fun with the SABR-13. The two-round burst is something a bit different, and it has really taught me the value of prioritizing headshots when DPS isn't in your favour. I also find it very easy to control, with the recoil being fairly predictable. Oh, and aesthetically it's quite nice too :)

How about you guys?
  2. Skiptrace

I quite like my Carnage-AR and the Gauss Rifle, If they didn't make the guns cost rediculous Cert amounts i'd have the GR-22 by now and would be kicking *** with it. I also get some kicks out of the base TR Rifle.
  3. Elsewhere

I have always liked the NS11-A (so glad I bought it with SC/DBC so I get to use it on my many, many alts). With 2X Grip, Comp and Soft-point, its a set up that I can use and is good in most situations. Only `bad` thing is when tower fights get frantic, I tend to feel its lack of ROF.

Special Mention to the TORQ-9. For no other reason than it just "FEELS" right to use.
    • Up x 1
  4. jmdafk

Sabr 13 for me to.
    Its a very selective weapon and not all that in the spirit of being a medic, but its a real break from the largely inacurate TR weapons.
    Ive managed to win hipfire fights with it on occasions (although lost a lot more!) But if used right its incredibly satisfying and dare i say it OP. But i feel bad using it as it is a selfish choice being it usually leaves you detached from your wounded, needy comrades.
    Tis a great gun and worth being TR for alone.

I dont like the torq 9, its the TR medics best gun but i just dont feel the player input. You point, you kill. Or you might not on odd occasions. As a player you dont get the contribution you get with the other TR AR's. imo the torq is the very best TR gun. If we all ran around with these and TRV's we'd have the NC and VS pretty peeved!

I also like the TAR because its outclassed by all the other TR AR's when ads'ing. But its ttk and handling are just good enough to never leave you feeling hard done to. it is still pretty dangerous..... :)

That said, its great being a TR medic, I enjoy using all our guns. Where playing LA or HA you always endup wishing youd either picked another gun or wish you had one, just one of the AR's!
  5. oTec

Loads of love for the Sabr :D. I like it alot, T1 cycler is meh except close range. Sadly i don't own it on my new account yet. For NC, ye olde NC1 Gauss is a beast, love that gun. For the Vanu i will probaly get the NS-11. Pulsar VS1 is an okay but it kinda feels weaker then the NC1/ NS-11. In honesty, when playing TR i actually used the sabr 13 alot but still preferred the NS-11 over it. I just need a controllable gun and not something wobbly like the T1 cycler.
  6. Dualice

Yeah, the Pulsar VS1 is weird. Its horizontal variance looks to be higher than that of the T1 Cycler (3° of deviation between min/max, comapred to the T1's even 0), despite Vanu allegedly having the "more controllable" thing going for them. I found the T1 fairly adaptable with really good burst discipline.

Agreed, the NC1 is a pleasure to use. The Reaper DMR is also really, really nice.

And yeah, NS-11A, probably the best VS AR :p Excepting maybe Terminus.
  7. Ximaster

Well,actually i enjoy much playing with the medic burst weapon Equinox VE2,and the HA Lasher its good too,but i stay with the Vanu burst weapons,seems very useful :D
  8. Gromwort

I use few weapons and it's hard to say witch one is my favorite but if i have to pick one then NS-11A because of 0.75 ADS and i like how it sounds ;) , but Terminus is also a very nice weapon.
  9. LazyAsian

Love my Gauss Rifle, the prime slightly less so.
  10. UberNoob1337101

Cycler TRV. The gun's the most ADADAD-friendly thing I've ever seen for Combat Medic. 75% ADS, great ADS accuracy for a fast firing weapon, 40 mags and OKish hip-fire but I think it has access to Adv. Laser Sight.

If you can aim well and are generally good at the game and play pretty aggressively it's the best gun out there. (The equivalents are GR-22 and HV-45, I love them too) Else I like Reaper DMR too.
  11. Dualice

I believe you're thinking of the TAR? It's essentially the TR's HV-45, pretty good hipfire, .75 ADS, fires at 800RPM. ADS accuracy is workable but I think the TRV's is a bit more controllable, despite having a faster fire rate of 845RPM.

The TRV has access to the advanced laser too, but I've always preferred using the grip and going pure ADS.
  12. StaHoo33

Terminus :) I find it my new hv-45
    • Up x 2
  13. SirSlaysALot

The Reaper DMR is by far my favorite medic AR. It's accurate, has an okay ROF and does absolutely crazy amounts of damage. Hell, I've gone toe to toe with overshielded heavies and come out on top. My odds only get better when there's a little distance between us, since the Reaper has pretty good accuracy too. Though I can understand why it turns off some medics. I does take a lot of trigger discipline to use correctly or the CoF bloom and strong vertical recoil make sustained fire kind of terrible. I like it with a compensator, 3.4x crosshair sight, adv. forward grip, and HVA.

My second favorite would be the Carnage AR. It has a lower RoF than the GR-22, but not by much and it's super accurate, especially with a compensator. It's my favorite close range option for the NC. The only thing I don't like is the stupid looking stock on the model.

A very close third would be the newly buffed Gauss Rifle Burst. I've trialed it three times and I'm already working towards Auraxium. It's very, very powerful. I actually really like it with a suppressor. Quietly laying down heavy damage is pretty strong. ;)
  14. Dualice

The Reaper has to be my favourite bit of NC gear, when I play them. It's such a pleasure to use!

Carnage is also great too, think it's a little more well-rounded than the GR-22, in my limited experience.

I can imagine the Gauss Burst kind of feeling like the TR's SABR, with the two-round bursts.
  15. SirSlaysALot

Yeah, I prefer the Carnage because it kind of has a "jack of all trades" feel to it. It's a very well rounded gun that is decent at everything from close to medium range. It won't hip-fire drop enemies at extreme close range like the GR-22 does, but it also won't empty its mag in a femtosecond.

I can certainly see parallels between the Gauss Rifle Burst and the SABR. I honestly don't play TR that much (and TR medic even less) so I'm not sure, but I think they differ in RoF and accuracy. I think the SABR has a higher RoF and the GRB is slightly more accurate.
  16. Erendil

Gauss Rifle Burst, no question. It's a scary, scary weapon. Probably one of the most versatile in the game post-buff. It's CRAZY accurate, even on the move. And 600 RPM gives it a good enough DPS that it would be usable even in CQC.

Keep in mind I almost never play Medic, although I've tested all ARs pretty extensively in VR. After the recent burst weapon buffs I went back and tested them all out again. The GRB impressed me so much that I'm seriously considering dusting off my NC alt on Connery and playing Medic just so I can use the thing.
  17. bubbacon

SABR 13 was a real game changer for me. Awkward at first, but once I got the burst rhythm down, its been the most productive weapon I have ever used for TR. I can literally shut down flank lines with it. I run with 3.4 red dot scope, AFG, Comp, and HVA.

Oddly enough, getting proficient with a burst weapon like the SABR, has vastly improved my weapons across the board since my brain is so used to burst fire tapping. I feather burst everything now with great results.

TRV is good. Surprisingly good at distance as well. Made for ADSing for sure.

TAR is a monster CQC
  18. Armcross

The S variant because of the underbarrel smoke grenade. I'm using it from covering/encouraging the advance(highly effective when not abuse) to covering my rescue operation(no more instant re-kill for my patients).
  19. Dualice

I know what ya mean! Just over halfway to auraxium-ing it now, and am finding hugely fun and rewarding. I've been trying it in CQ too, with understandably mixed results, but if you can nail the headshots it'll sure drop stuff quickly.

Interesting! Might have to fire up my Lego man alt and give it a try myself.
  20. Taleroth

H-V45. Screw the Terminus, it doesn't even shoot glowy bolts. Act like a Vanu gun, stupid thing!
    • Up x 1