What is there to look forward to this year?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gallant, Feb 5, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

This. Hopefully if ps4 is a success we can have another 1or 2 years of development. And maybe they will finish those features that once were in roadmap like resources system, missions, battle islands, intercontinental lattice.

Otherwise we have to accept we're playing the final version of planetside :(
    • Up x 4
  2. Goretzu

I was hoping they might move EQ Next away from the manga angle back to something more like EQ1 or EQ2 as well.

The worrying thing is that even PS4 PS2 doing well doesn't really guarentee anything, I mean it didn't under SOE/Sony, but it really doesn't as Daybreak under whomever.
  3. Captain Kid

Grand theft Auto V for PC!
  4. _itg

I've heard it suggested as a way to better integrate the airgame and ground game. For example, a squad leader could request an air strike to take out an AV nest. It's definitely not a "wow" feature, but if done right it would generally encourage more cohesive faction play, which is good.

What I'd like to know is what they were smoking when they decided to waste all that effort on "phase 1" of the mission system with no plan to actually finish it. Phase 1 literally just points you to the nearest base. I can't think of any feature with less impact on the game.
    • Up x 2
  5. Alchemist44

According to the roadmap: not a single thing :p
    • Up x 2
  6. LegioX

I'm looking forward to Cities Skyline. Looks like a promising city builder for once.
  7. Cookie5000

Roadmap is still being revamped for now... But here are some things that are announced by Devs to be coming into the game or at least I'm certain will be coming in the foreseeable future.
    • Continental Lattice - All continents are linked by a lattice like how the bases are now. So just a giant conquest-type thing.
    [IMG]
    • Lots of bug fixes, balancing and possibly optimization.
    • Missions and directives system revamp/update.
    • Empire Specific Harassers - Announced at SOE Live
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Inter-Link Facility - A new facility type with a giant radar dish from Planetside1. It was suppose to be part of Hossin, I even got to see it when it was on the test server. Don't know what they're planning to do with it now.
    [IMG]
    • Battle Islands - Only confirmed battle island so far is Nexus.

[IMG]
    • Kotlyr - A place for new players to fight and learn about the game before they can get in the real game. Its actually on the test server right now if you want to go see it. Pretty small compared to the other continents. Not sure if we can really call it a continent.
    [IMG]
    There might be more but this is all I know for now. They mentioned a new continent Searhus, but I don't think its actually confirmed. Its a volcanic continent with a gaint volcano in the middle and tropical jungles on the coastal regions. Hoped this was helpful.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pikachu

Searhus is confirmed and there are props and textures in the files. The skyfile is in the editor.
  9. Cookie5000

Yeah but I don't think the Devs themselves actually released anything about it. :p
  10. Pikachu

Not other than Higby ANd possibly others saying "searhus will be the next continent".
  11. GoTDirt fromMAG

I started touching myself when this video appeared on July 1st 2013, I'm a little raw now, still waiting for the "stuff to come out".
    • Up x 1
  12. CazadorDeLaBruja

*Strong Launguage word here* Seriously!? Hell Yes ill buy it! yes yes yes...

please make dis happen much... this girl like to put holes in stuff... and Class 4 Anti material weapons for inf will finally let me role play my Ghost in the Shell Fantasies muahahaha!... i bet it will work similiarly to the Vanu's Faction Specific launcher. but probubly not nearly as awesome... i hope it isnt piss poor like the "Anti Nothing" darts for the 4-cam were. seriously they do jack *bad word here* to infantry/max suits and even the flash...
  13. Cookie5000

I know right e_e
  14. Foxirus

What about those empire specific harassers? My god this is what I have been wanted for the longest time, More empire specific tech..
  15. Halo572

Trying to predict any developments in this title has always been futile, even more so now it has changed company hands.

But still you sit enjoying the mire of your own delusion and savouring the guffs of it that waft up to you, treating the rest of us to it as well.

Anyone who has ever been in a company that has been taken over is well aware that the first thing that happens is a reorg and streamlining.

Irrespective of all of the developer proclamations of 'business as usual' and 'see the same people every day and tell them to do the same things as before' this is at best propaganda and at worst fearful blurb that can only last a certain amount of time before things will change.

The new owners of a business examine it for profit and loss and act according to what that says, not what has been announced in the past and as it has already been said that must be etched in stone.

Yet still you bleat on about buffing this and nerfing that and adding this and taking that out and what they promised over 2 1/2 years ago. When if the figures don't add up it all means jack.

Just like the 150 global SMNC community clinging to their futile hopes of an update to come after the last one in March 2013 from a company that has already abandoned their unfinished kickstarter and failed to raise the $1.5m for their next abandonware project.

In the last 6 months my company shut one site and transferred the staff, got rid of others nationally, got rid of my job and gave me a new one that you took or left. That is what happens when someone buys a company.

In the world of grown ups anyway.
  16. lothbrook

The stupid part is they could just be taking all those NS vehicles and throwing faction specific skins on them, they could leave them exactly the same statwise and weapon wise till they feel like adding flavor to them and i'd imagine it'd make a lot of people happier.
  17. MikeyGeeMan

Like all buyouts...

End of year review...

Mgr. Your not getting a bonus this year you should be happy you have a job.

Employee. Thank You. Yay i have a job.

IE be happy if the game is still running. I know ill be.
  18. Foxirus

No. No reskins, I want a damn hoverrasser >:C
    • Up x 1
  19. Rraymondo316

More broken promises
  20. WarpGuN

PS2 desperately needs new content!
    Higby had such big plans for PS2 a few years ago, sad that most ran out of steam.
    PS2 is still king but for how long?o_O