What is the best way to get a good kdr?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klabauter8, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Tehnomaagik

If you care really much about K/D ratio you could just never leave the spawn room and redeploy out before the base flips or spawnroom shields go down. And ofc not doing that as an NC as they tend to teamkill a bit more than normal.
  2. DarkStarAnubis

KDR matters a lot or nothing depending on the context.

Let's say I play always inside a turret (placing a bouncing betty -never trust those filthy infiltrators!- behind the turret) shooting ESFs and other targets of opportunity from time to time and if the base is about to be overrun I redeploy. Most likely I will get a very high KDR.

Let's say instead I play medic and I spend all the time at the FEBA healing other players and being priority target for the enemy. Most likely I will get a KDR close to zero.

But are you more useful in the first or second scenario?
  3. T.A.94

So most recomment playing infiltrator may be true to boost K/D.

But get away from that thinking (did it long enough in my oppinion), focus more on Teamplay and lets be honest LVL, K/D or even achievementpoints say nothing of your skill the only usefull indicator is points per hour (mine is poor cause K/D was more importaint).

Of course training in self defense is needed also outsmarting is quite rewarding.

for example
    "Yesterday (31.01.17) at the Zigurrat (Hossin Base Eastside) about after 5 PM on Cobalt there was a 24-48 fight on both sides NC vs V.

As usual Random NC forces hided patting theid precious K/D try to get kills out of spawn or sniped. I got a HVY looked at the map decidetd to used the jump-pad on near the spawnroom and waited a few secs after i got at the otherside cause i saw 2 hostiles actually camping near the jumppade on the 'high ground'.

one of them just ran for a easy kill (he thought) he got headshotted got the second one afterwards and flipped the uplink a few secs before base changed banners. so I bought a few secs for NC, actual enought that Hyrda members landed a succesfull galaxy-drop and we could hold the base."

This couldnt be possible if only be focused on K/D, so beeing risky can provide you the true awsomeness of a game especially this one.

Also the most usual "hey lets get near the spawn and maybe I get a kill leave the point unguarded"- thought on sides of the VS was helping

And if i missed the point, could be of my stormtrooper-like behaviour ingame. :D
  4. Problem Officer

Had a "hardcore KDR character" a while back, got to around 80 before being teamkilled and that's after narrowly avoiding several.
    Pretty fun, just make a new one and stay alive however possible, stop at first death.
  5. WaffleMonster

The best way to boost your KD is quite simply to get better. If you play infantry, improve your fps skill. There is absolutely no need to change your playstyle to boost kdr as long as it isn't a braindead way of playing. A good way of improving is watching players better than you and seeing what they do.

Focus on improving game sense, positioning, situational awareness and aim and you will quickly get a higher kdr and kph as well as the long-term satisfaction you get from improving.
  6. Zagareth

Definitely Infiltrator = getting dozends of kills w/o dying once is possible with every profession, but only an Infiltrator can repeat that at every time HE wants.

BUT, the right playstyle AND - as someone already said - Situational Awareness is needed.
    A player, playing Infiltrator needs a lot tricks so he won't become a victim at all, but once you know them, you wil be unbeatable in kind of K/D rate - But you'll become the most hated and hunted guy whereever you pop up....
  7. Klabauter8

Yea, Infiltrator is preddy good. I have more success with a Lightning so far though.
  8. Thefailknight

Apparently the best and for some reason legal way is to use an aimbot. Certainly see enough of them nowadays to say daybreak doesn't give one damn.