What is the best defensive slot option for an AV Lightning?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Neo3602, Aug 8, 2014.

1. K2k4

I personally use regen exclusively on my lightning. It's not that the other slots aren't good, it's just that regen on lightning is the most OP regen of them all. It's about 2x what other vehicles get for regen, on a vehicle that's immune to schmall arms this is great!

unless there was some change that I'm unaware of.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bixli

...i prefer radar (& racer & fire supp) on every of my 4 loadout's (just another gun each), i just feel safer with it , therefore i dare to play bit more agressive. sure .. regen or stealth could be very helpful situationally, but as for my personal playstyle (hit'n'run & vice versa including flanking & wide open ambush-drives trough enemy areas ) radar saved me countless times ..much more as stealth.
  3. Neo3602

Thanks for the answers guys!
    Another quick question is the defensive slot that increases the top armor of the lightning any use on a skyguard loadout?
  4. Mxiter

Rocketpods & hornets ESFs will try to hit you mainly from the rear and libs have too much firepower to makes those 10% interesting.

Stealth can be interesting to surprise ESFs and valks butI generally run nanorepair since skyguard is more about substained fire, are noisy and have highly visible tracers and i prefer restoring quickly my health between 2 diving bombings.

I like it also for my HE lightning, so you can stay very mobile: you'll repair while fighting if you dodge enouth rockets.
    At beginning, i used fontal armor for the 2+ rockets hits survivability with lock-ons and stock launchers, but mobility > armor against rockets.

For AP, i prefer using strealth since it works better for flanking and behind the lines operations.
    It's especially effective by using tactically the terrain considering the lightning low profile.
    Anyway, with AP python, you generally have to outplay your opponents if you want to fight MBTs and stealth is the best way to do it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bixli

..yes , i agree with mxiter , those additional 10% from top armor could be slighty helpful against dalton-shells from a lib ..but with a little practice , they can most of time easily dodged by driving irritating forward-backwards & fire supp / nano reg for example helps a lot too.. & 2 c4 straight above blows your tank anyway up. not really worth for the certs.

..nano reg in general is extremely useful beside radar as an skyguard. thermal vision & awareness of the player alone helps against c4 & stuff very much ..with radar it's just as more effective. i recommend you certing both & switch to situationally. many players recommend you stealth too for skyguard ..it could be very helpful too , but i personal don't like it. once you keep shootin , they know where you are ..& there's almost always something in the air.
  6. SkepticJerry

Depends on the role. Stealth if you want to be a flanking, plinking PITA. Truthfully, the auto-repair is worth it's weight in gold at max rank. It repairs quickly which means you can get back into the fight fast and you have to exit the tank very little.