[Suggestion] What if Biolabs had additional entrances?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 4wry, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Pikachu

We should have a giant drill like that in the game. I don't know what role it would have but I want it.
  2. FBVanu

how about LA's can jump on top of the dome, and C-4 holes into it.. ??
  3. Gemenai

Now we would only need air shafts on the top and ground of buildings.
    Then give engineers and LAs another form of C4 called technical explosive charge or whatever ( maybe without nanite costs for LA in the tool slot?), so they can create shortcuts andmore ways to engage the enemy.
    Make it do 1/2 or 1/4 the dmg of C4 but give it more single charges overall.

But that whould require redesign of the bases. Even by ignoring that it would be time and ressource consuming, we know how "well done" some redesigns are :p

Would be nice, but as for every which would be big and nice in that way, i think the maps and bases are too small.
    Maybe if one would increase base and continent size by times three.
  4. Nalothisal

5. Gemenai

Well they would have to increase basic base size at first.
    So they could add extra stuff in the bio dome ( 3 floors maybe).
    I also would like to have more bio in my biodomes.
    More plants to climb and snipe won from. Some chemical tanks with biological test subjects in it.
    Maybe add containers with poisiones plants in it at the lower floor - an infiltrator could hack key points to release the poisiones gas, produced by the plants.
    Or hack into to system to release symbiotic spores, which would affect the biodome bonus - that would half the time between each tick of the biodome buff and increases the heal per tick by 150-200% for a set amount of time (like 2,3 or 5 minutes?).
    Buff duration and cooldown for the spores to regenerate would be based on the average hacking lvl of the persons who hacked the ( 3? ) key points.

Ahh so many ideas and such few ressources and space...
  6. FateJH

Why not just use C4? why waste time recreating something that we already have?
  7. Gemenai

The idea originated from a post above suggestioning, to let LAs enter the biodome through the roof.
    So i thought to myself - let them detonate themselfes their way in - they even got something to do so already aka C4.
    Then i thought, if you could enter through the roof and air shafts there would probably also be air shafts near the ground too.
    But why should a LA capable of flying use those? So here could the engineer take the spot, as he is kind of the guy for explosives.

To add something "special" to it i thought to let only make engineer and LAs be capable of making those shafts accessable for their factions. But there are also medics and HAs who posses C4. So the idea of those smaller charges was made - a single charge weaker than C4 but more charges in general; also maybe only those smaller charges would be able to cut through those shaft entries.
    Cutting charges so to speak. They could also be used as the regular C4 but in addtion to less dmg per brick they could also posses a direction limitation like claymores.

tl;dr: Weaker than C4, cutting charges for engi and LA - LA is slightly better at it bc new tool ( carrying more, or need one less brick).
    Would require bigger bases and basic base design rework.
    Something special - like the EMP grenade for infiltrator.
  8. Dgross

What if Biolabs didn't exist...
  9. Takara

:-( Well the crown needed the change, lets not make major facilities as impossible to defends as some of the smaller bases. Defensive building are meant to be a force multiplier for defenders. Not hamper them. There is far to many problems with spawn room locations and base lay outs already in my opinion. The thing that makes Bio labs a different kind of fight is that vehicles don't play a large part in their capture. It's the only base in the game that is like that and it's kind of sad. Vehicles should be the means of breaking into a base, and helping secure the court yard, not defending or assaulting the points like they are in just about every other base.
  10. Stormsinger

This comment triggered a rather odd train of thought that lead to an idea that boils down to Engineer Teleporters from TF2, with a few changes.

Allow Infiltrators to carry / place portal devices that will allow up to 6 players to teleport to the exit point, which will only function if placed within ~100-200 meters of the entry. The portal entry / exit can be recharged via engineer repair tools (granting experience only when used to exit in a contested hex, and with a upper exp limit similar to repair experience)

The health of the portal is tied to it's charge. (If 3 people use it with 6 maximum charges, the portal is at half health) - Once out of charges, the portal entrance / exit would have HP roughly the same as 1 remaining charge. Portals count as deployables, and are vulnerable to EMP grenades, which would reverse the entrance / exit, sucking in all nearby enemy units (within, say, 5-10 meters) depositing them at the portal opposite the affected entry / exit, destroying both in the process. When an entrance is placed in a room with an actual fixed teleporter pod, range of the portable portal unit is doubled.

Random thoughts :p

Edit: Also, with regard to your comment...Max Knight setup! Drills capable of doing heavy damage to all armor types, as well as projecting a small beam that opens a ~8x8 hole in biolab shields if used within 5 meters. Also, bioshock.

[IMG]
  11. Kcalehc

Take 2 biolab domes, and smush them together at the air pad, so you've a double dome, with an open space between them. One side has spawn room, SCU, point C and one teleport from an external base, other side has points A and B, 2 teleports from external bases and the SCU shield gen. Defenders can teleport from their spawn room to the base of the other dome, where their vehicle spawns are; the dome with the spawn has a grav lift up and down the center, only protected by the SCU shield gen (with entrances too small to park a sunderer in).
  12. sustainedfire

Biolabs are terrible.

As noted, they are absurd meat grinders, where there is no possible way if entering the base- unless you bring double the enemy force.

And still, it's not fun. My preference is to play fights that have roughly equal odds.

It's more fun to play 1v1, where you are responsible for taking down the enemy, and not simply because you were the last bullet of the 6 guns that were aimed at one enemy.

Even when you enter the Biolab, it's not fun. The layout is cluttered, in an unfun design. It's the original spawn camp base.

The teleport rooms are so campable they are irrelevant.

The Biolabs interior should be wiped out. As well as additional entrances should be added, so the biolab can be recreated to allow for play that is not camp-centric.
  13. Whatupwidat

Could have a generator inside that lowers the entire bubble sheild overhead. I'd love the idea of that actually :p