What has hit NC weapon accuracy!?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by KnightCole, Jan 6, 2016.

1. KnightCole

Cuz good lord, I really dont recall them being so goddamn inaccurate, even single and burst firing them they cant hit anything anymore.

I gotta burst nd single fire, while the TR and VS just lay on the trigger.

I went and made a VS, and dear god, the Orion is pin point accurate through 50 solid straight rounds.....what the hell!? Built in aim bot much!?

Meanwhile the NC guns are 3 rounds and they are shooting all over the place.

Guess whoever took over PS2 has a woody for VS, while Higby had a woody for NC? Cuz yikes....

NC have highest recoil, highest spread, slowest RoF......but highest damage, which means **** when the gun wont hit the target...
    • Up x 1
  2. CovertYank

Don't know what's wrong with your mouse, but I find the NC weapons to be just as accurate as the VS's. Hell, I can barely hit anything with either the VS or TR weapons. And I started this game as a TR.

If you can't hit anything even single firing, then you just don't have very good aim. Plain and simple. Practice some more in the sim room. Get used to the recoil in all forms. Practice strafing and shooting. I've sniped people with the GD-F7 as if I was using the AC-X11 (Which is a ******* accurate Carbine.)

In the middle of a battle? See some lone TR guy running in the middle of a barren field with no cover on Esamir? Use him for target practice. Every chance you get to shoot at an enemy during a battle should be used to train yourself, learning the mechanics of the game.

It just takes time.
    • Up x 1
  3. bLind db

wait what

NC weapons are arguably the most controllable in the game. They have virtually zero horizontal recoil. NC weapons were designed around high skill floor, massive skill ceiling. The others are substantially more forgivable, with TR weapons being comparably awful due to their massive horizontal recoil.

Also, if you're not bursting in 2-4 round bursts, you're not doing it right.
    • Up x 1
  4. AlterEgo

[IMG]
    EASY.
    • Up x 6
  5. Eternaloptimist

Presumably to reduce NC teamkills.........

But seriously, I'm not seeing this although I only play with NC carbines.
    • Up x 1
  6. xMaxdamage

remember that those data is applied "per bullet fired", not "per time spent firing", that's why the slowest firing gun has bigger values when it comes to accuracy loss. SAW loses accuracy every bullet fired but it fires very slow so it loses more. that has nothing to do with overall accuracy.
    • Up x 1
  7. 0dineye

It's all practice for 'gun control'. Also, I thought VS were SUPPOSED to have the best accuracy, because they shoot lasers or something. Relatively the damage on target and kill times kinda even out, with a slight favor toward the VS infantry weapons, because accuracy. However that margin is small enough that the one with the best 'gun control' wins.
  8. KnightCole

I do burst fire, always have, but while im busy burst firing, the enemy just hold LMB, profit.

All I know is these are not the NC guns I remember. The ones where I could hold LMB for a good 8 rounds before the CoF would fly off the handle.
    • Up x 1
  9. KnightCole

Yeah, from what im seeing, the LMGs are RNG dependant. I have put the gun right on guy's heads from 20-30m away, and fired a nice burst of 5-6 rounds and had 1 of them hit, the rest just fly way left, way right, into the dirt, kill a bird in a tree behind me......as the guy shooting me just mows me down without effort.

So, yeah, idk what hit NC weapons, but they are not accurate, at least no dependably so.

I used to play this game like a year or so ago, I had a 5.75kdr and like 16,000 kills, of which some 13000 were with my NC LMGs, so, I know how they used to handle, and how that was isnt how it is now. How it is now just doesnt make sense. It feels like im playing Battlefield 3 all over again. Sometimes the gun RNG says hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, kill...other times it says TROLL-LOL-LOL-LOL-LOLOLOLLOLOL, Trolololol

When before it was, point, click, burst, dead target.
  10. KnightCole

Lolwtf!? DBG done lost their minds. I fire 1 round and because it comes out of a slower cyclic fire rate gun, its less accurate then the gun that is firing 750 RpM?

Dear god......first it was HE shells with less blast radius then a balloon bomb, now its the slower the fire rate the worse the accuracy...

**** this game really is stupid as ****..
  11. Gutseen

Try to hold that 750 rmp gun on a target thats over 50 meters away. (without a f.grip)

from my exp. Nc guns are the ez mode of planetside. Low horz and moderate vertical recoil, high damage per bullet.
  12. NCstandsforNukaCola

Y'know, high-damage/low-rpm suffers so much TTK loss than other factions' gun when bullets miss, especially for NC guns.
  13. KnightCole

Hold it on target? I can hold a gun on the same spot for a whole mag. Recoil is not my issue with any gun in this game.

I used to think NC guns were easy mode, but that was back when you burst fired them and they actually hit where you aimed, now I fire them and the bullets fly off like World of Warships shells......then some hit, some dont, depending on the RNG....

And with the new cert unlock system, who doesnt have a grip on their gun past BR1?
  14. KnightCole

And was there a nerf to strafing accuracy? Cuz when I move at all during firing, then the gun really doesnt hit ****.
  15. Gundem

VS weapons aren't as accurate as NC. We tend to have somewhat better horizontal recoil compared to TR, but then we also get worse FSR, which is sort of counter-intuitive for ranged combat.

NC have the best standing/initial accuracy by far, but they tend to be less accurate while on the move.
  16. Gutseen

the Butcher aint got one
    • Up x 1
  17. KnightCole

Yeah, apparently they applied that to all the NC guns now. It used to just be the NC6 that had that issue.

So, basically the way it is now, is NC have the lowest RoF, highest recoil, highest bloom, worst accuracy, and cant strafe at all.
    TR/VS have the lowest recoil, damn near pin point accuracy, highest accuracy, and can strafe, while just laying on the trigger now.

It used to be the NC could somewhat strafe, if I side stepped, fired a bit, sidestepped fired a bit and kept that up like an ADHD war squirrel, but now, unless im stationary, nice and easy to head shot, and dont move at all, then my gun will at least land in the zipcode of my target. If I even think of moving while shooting, the gun fires like a bent bird shot firing shotgun....

Ive had TR/VS pretty much head shot me from a good distance away with just a few shots, meanwhile, my gun doesnt even land near them.

TR/VS are defs the ez mode faction now, guess whoever took over PS2, had a VS/TR woody, that or all the QQ that TR/VS UP finally got them buffed to hell, while the NC got hammered with accuracy nerfs.

Highest damage means **** when you cant hit **** with the gun. Now every NC gun feels like an EM1.....
  18. FunBotan

So far i've only used NC SMGs and i feel almost no difference compared to VS. They're both super accurate at the range where they're intended to be and even beyond.
    TS should perform a controllable experiment by comparing all 3 factions on the same hardware within let's say an hour to limit the effect of body cycles. A small difference in this params can mean alot for accuracy.
  19. xMaxdamage

no. If you fire SLOWER by consequence you lose MORE accuracy per bullet. a faster firing gun has accuracy loss applied more frequently and for this reason you see better accuracy values generally.

accuracy stats tell nothing about accuracy if you don't keep RoF into count.
  20. KnightCole

That doesnt even make sense. By that logic, the most accurate gun in the world would be like an Uzi or something that fires 900 RpM, vs the Mausers and Sniper rifles being inaccurate as **** because they fire 1 round at a time.

Yeah, like I said, DBG done lost their minds.

PS2 was alot better when SoE was making the gun accuracy. TR were less accurate in sustained bursts, but by burst firing you kept your accuracy, while NC were more accurate over sustained fire due to slower firing rate making the guns more controllable. THAT makes sense.

But by DBG logic, a marksman who waits, takes air speed, and all that ballistic ******** into account will be less accurate then the rambo super hero running into the middle of town rattling away with an M249.....

But it does at least explain why NC guns cant hit **** anymore and why they are so easily brushed aside at every base I see them at now. The TR/VS can just lay on the trigger, while the NC have to fire every gun like a semi auto rifle and then have half the rounds miss anyway.

Just yesterday I met a guy standing right above a tower spawn room, I was standing on the walk way to the helipad. You know where I am right? YEah, I saw him, zoomed in and engaged first, this from like maybe 10-15m at most, and I just unloaded into him, he commences to win with just a fraction of the bullets, since my gun wouldnt hit the guy, because DBG logic. Meanwhile, even when I do burst fire, the gun still spreads all over the place and doesnt hit guys. Go for head shots? The guns barely can score body shots most of the time.

Yeah, can NC have their accuracy back!?
    • Up x 1