What has hit NC weapon accuracy!?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by KnightCole, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Erendil

There's nothing wrong with the Accuracy of NC weapons. They're still pretty much the same as they've always been, and are still hands down the most accurate overall by virtue of their lower Horizontal Recoil and Tolerance compared to TR/VS weapons.

There have been very little changes in the last year to any NC weapons. Here's a list:
    • Gauss Burst and Gauss Compact Burst - FSR buffs to all burst-fire weapons on all Factions
    • SAW and GODSAW - moving ADS COF buff (it was .5, now it's .4)
    • EM1 - Max damage range and horizontal recoil buffs
    • Anchor - Horizontal recoil and FSR nerfs, hipfire buff
    The only NC weapon that's had any sort of nerf is the Anchor. It's still a beast, but is now just slightly more tailored to close/medium range combat.

That said, over the last year or so (basically since SOE became DBG), either the server's themselves or their pipes to the Internet have been significantly degraded in quality. Many players complain of high pings, sometimes 2-3x higher than before. Also ping spikes, sync issues, hit registration issues, etc have all gotten significantly worse for many people. I suspect this is at least part of what you're experiencing.

In addition, the Asian server have been shut down, leading to a large influx of high ping/high ploss Asian players into Connery in particular, so if you play there, this could explain some of it as well.
    • Up x 1
  2. L0st1

Connery has far and away the best ping if you live in Asia.
  3. Shaengar

Try using Battle Hardened implant level 4 or 3 and your accuracy issues will vanish.
    • Up x 1
  4. xMaxdamage

You have two guns with same dps.

Gun A fires 20 times per minute, the cof gets 5% bigger each shot fired. After a minute spent firing you'll have a CoF 100% bigger then when you started, because you fired 20 times (20X5=100).

Gun B fires 40 times per minute, the CoF gets 2.5% bigger each bullet fired. After a minute you will have a 100% bigger CoF (40X2.5=100)
    the guns have the same accuracy even if one shows HALF the accuracy loss of the other one, got it?
  5. Rikkit

Sry for being a math student, but your calcualtion is slightly wrong.
    as the CoF increases after each shot by x%
    you need to calulate it like this: Startvalue x Percent ^(Number of shots)= resulting CoF
    so let's assume both weapon start with a CoF of 1.
    So for Gun A we get
    1 x 1.05^20 = 2,653
    and for Gun B we get
    1 x 1.025^40=2,685

As you see the resulting values are different by a significant amount.(compared to the values you calculated)

PS: pls dont use the values from the calculation above, to compare real weapons, as these values are just examples.
  6. KnightCole

Except a gun firing 40 times per minute is alot harder to control and keep on target then a gun firing 20 times per minute. The slower firing guns in this game should have less accuracy loss per bullet then the faster firing ones.

It should just go back to the way it was in 2013.
  7. KnightCole

Yeah, hit reg issues, the primary reason I gave up on this game in the first place. I came back, gave it another go, to see if maybe some issues had resolved. Apparently, they are even worse now...
  8. Warlord8gunner

I agree, I am a main VS player and I think the VS and TR weapons are way to accurate. VS got reduced reduced ADS speed for accuracy like the TR, while NS got nothing. it used to be TR>VS>NC but now that gap between NC and VS is even bigger while the TR VS one got smaller. VS got the accuracy buff it needed to compete with TR while NC got left in the dust. but I guess look on the bright side, your max's are still the top dog.
  9. Corezer

This, there's a lot more stuttering, which makes your mouse not move momentarily, which when having to make bigger adjustments between shots (more recoil per bullet) even if you get more time, can really mess you up.
  10. Jogido

i really haven't noticed anything significantly different.

game play footage might help
  11. xMaxdamage

how much a gun is hard to control is not decided by rate of fire alone, you have to consider the recoil per bullet fired, and the same works for accuracy. if two guns have same accuracy but different rates of fire then the slowest firing gun will have higher accuracy loss per bullet fired, deal with it.
  12. KnightCole

OK LOL, I FINALLY have my answer on what happened to hit reg in this game. THey use Predicitive firing, which IDK WTF it does or how the **** it works exactly, but Armored Warfare introduced it in today's 0.16 patch.

Basically when you move around in that game, your shell literally will not hit the target. If you stand still, it will lanf somewhere near the target. So, that answers so mcuh about the hit reg issues in this game. In AW, you see your shots going left and right of the target, and even if you compensate and move left or right, the shots will still miss. So, yea, I guess movement really kills accuracy.
  13. Wigglepuff

Ok, first of all, ignore this being my first post, i've been playing for over 2 years :p

Second, (atleast for me) NC has very good accuracy, and i don't know what gun/class you're using, but maybe your over-compensating when you're adjusting your shots? Like, maybe your mouse sensitivity is way off the charts. If you could record a little clip of you shooting some enemy, then maybe we could see what your problem is?

P.S. I know this is a most likely dead page im just bored right now xD