What happen to this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rager, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Jbrain

I'm guessing your server if anything like emerald has about 5 million snipers/infiltrators.. Infact I know I die to snipes 500% more than I do anything else in this game. Its about the most frustrating thing in the world too. You fight your way through 5 - 6 people ripping it up and having a blast for some fairy bell infil to snipe you down and ending the fun. The worse part is they think what they do is hard.. its not.. working your way through a front like 1 kill at a time and facing the occasional max on the way through but you make it.. pure adrenaline pumping fun.. now that's fun and excitement.. now you do all that and bam sniped.. I often wonder how much more flanking and maneuvering id be able to do if snipes were not in this game.. sure would be tons more action.

Anyways I got off on a rant there and sorry op but yeh your team leader probably thought you had more than enough la and infils and not enough medic/engineers or something along those lines.
    • Up x 1
  2. RainbowDash9

i think you just run out in the open too often lol. i hardly die to snipers. now heavies, heavies i die to all the time because its all anyone ever plays.

also to be fair, sniping can be hard because sometimes you have to fight youre way to a good spot to help out. yes sniping can help. me and a group of infil buddies can snipe away a stalemate real fast.
  3. SarahM

You only ever need one infiltrator per squad max for throwing down darts or motion spotters, hacking the vehicle and other terminals and maybe countersniping.
  4. JobiWan

I think the mistake some here are making is that infiltrator = sniper. If there's a fight to cap or defend a point I'm usually there right in the thick of it with my SMG / Crossbow / Blackhand and trusty claymores, with of course my motion spotters. I am far more effective than I would be playing a heavy, because of my playstyle.

Infiltrator doesn't always mean sat on a hill 1000m away picking off enemies who stand around too long.
  5. Savadrin

Spoken like someone who has never played sniper, lol.
  6. Peebuddy

Maybe it's because I'm BR 100 but people never have told me to stop doin' what I was doin'. Only time people would get pissy at me was when I wasn't doin' what I was doin' closer to the squad objective.

Sounds like you're joining those squads who're constantly gal dropping to re-secure points or on top of enemy tech plants. Those squads are really boring who spend more time flying in galaxies than fighting the enemy, join one of those generalization platoons who only seek to reinforce locations. They only care that you fight near their waypoint and what not.

Also who the **** gets mad at infiltrators? The snipers sure I see how people wouldn't like a camper on their strike team but SMG infiltrators with motion sensors gives your squad a huge advantage.
    • Up x 1