What happen to this game?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rager, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Rager

I had to take a long break due to Health issues. Came back ready to enjoy the game, trying to make friends..but every group I join into ask for me not to play LA or infiltrator.Now I only use Light assault, and infiltrator, So I got booted, and just went solo/stealth.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not upset about it. As the group leader they had the right to pick how he wanted the group. What bother me so, is the people I face. I did not see hardly any LA at all. It was just a bunch of Heavy medic/max.

So instead of getting irked at how dull it is to only face HA/Max. I went to go look up the lastest update. It seems really cool, and I look forward to it. I am hoping more game play elements get added to the future..(I miss hacking.) that makes the game have a little bit more to it, and makes the other classes wanted.

I guess this is a rant, but I love the game enough to do that. So take it for what it is worth.
  2. FieldMarshall

I havent really had a problem with any of that (on Miller), so maybe you got unlucky or something.
    Sure, i'll change classes if the SL wants to, but i can generally play whatever i want in random squads.
    (I mostly play LA nowdays)

Anyway. Here is a chart over who plays what class. Its a bit old (6months) but i thought it would be interesting.
    (From Reddit. 6months ago)
    (https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...me_by_server_and_battle_rank_bucket/?sort=top)
    [IMG]
  3. Rager

Cool, I guess it was just bad luck.
  4. JobiWan

Infiltrators and LA's both add depth to a squad, particularly for recon purposes. If SL are banning them then they're dumb. As long as there's not too many in a squad obviously.

I was playing infil last night and a random guy in our squad basically TOLD me to stop playing infil and play HA or medic. I TOLD him to get lost.

I've lost count of how many times I've planted a motion spotter beacon and it's shown 3 or 4 enemies about to storm the point and my allies have been alerted and repelled them. If a squad doesn't have that kind of recon they're not going to be as effective.
    • Up x 4
  5. DooDooBreff

you shouldnt be surprised that squads dont want la or infs..... their usefulness is limited, and theyre also squishy. just go solo if you want to play those classes.
    • Up x 1
  6. customer548

Why loosing your time with random squads-platoons ?
  7. Greiztoph

I solo 99% of the time in this game
    • Up x 2
  8. Reclaimer77

There's really no reason to play anything other than HA or Medic in Planetside 2.

Light Assault desperately needs the revamp it was promised.
  9. Armcross

This is not the case in my servers I play. Briggs(NC) we have no discrimination to those class. Connory(TR) we have plenty of infils doing variety of roles, we have some amount of LA but stil more than enough tankers want to.
  10. JobiWan

So how do Medics and HA repair stuff then? Or hack enemy terminals? Or provide detailed intel on enemy positions?
  11. Reclaimer77

lol@detailed intel?

The game is so dumbed down that all you need to know can be readily seen on the Continental or Mini-map.

Repairing stuff? Meh, the resource system is a joke. Just pull a new vehicle, and hell, base turrets now repair themselves.

Hacking? Infils have been complaining for years about how useless hacking is. Would you trade the farming potential of HA for the ability to hack terminals and sometimes repair ****?

Come on please debate what I said in CONTEXT....
  12. Savadrin

There are a bunch of things I don't like in this philosophically, if not so much practically.

1) The mini map is an awesome tool and it's made better by an INF who knows how to dart or motion spot. It's undeniable that this is a faction-wide benefit if done properly. The problem is that you only need 2 INFs to cover an entire base. But it IS very effective, and useful.

2) Repair might not be important to you, but if your attitude is "Just pull a new vehicle" I'm guessing you don't run an MBT team or try to be competitive with a harrasser pair where it's less about resources and more about "KEK they cant kill us but they try so"

3) Hacking certainly needs improvement in the way of more options. Yet there are times when an INF can change the course of a fight by getting into an AA or AV turret and wreaking havoc long enough to give his team an advantage to turn the tide of a battle. I've done it.

On the surface, your arguments have some merit, but in the end it really describes more of a superficial element of "me-first" game play in some ways. But that's the norm of gaming these days.

To your last point, yes I would, for many reasons. I load the TR autoshotgun on my HA to discourage me from doing anything on it but using the Striker. My buddy and I ran rasser last night and friggin killed it with exp all night long. I think it was 300+ certs for both of us which is probably better than we could have done by trying to zerg farm with HA. Maybe not true for all.
  13. Reclaimer77

Yes you and your friend farmed kills in your Harasser and had a great time. Meanwhile Medics and HA's were actually capturing and holding the control points and battling to win the alert, which is now the whole metagame of Planetside.

You just REALLY missed my point, big time.

I've also been in squads were people questioned why I was playing LA. Something is just wrong with a game with classes where some are valued so much less than others by your peers and the community at large.
  14. JustBoo

15. Jubikus

Your mistake if i assume correctly is you play Vanu they are from my experience the most picky about squad comp.
  16. Rager

That is correct. I was able to join a group today and did not mind, but it was just people not really working with each other. I guess I will just stick with solo play. I really don't enjoy Max or Heavy play style, as I like setting up traps flanking, and just sniping/crossbow.
  17. The Rogue Wolf

And here's one of the reasons why I solo Planetside 2 exclusively. I get to play how I want, where I want, without having some wannabe commander screaming how he wants forty-eight Combat Medics on the point forming a green-beam daisy chain.

There was one time where I arrived at a base a bit ahead of an offensive, hacked the vehicle terminal and spawned a Sunderer which I parked just outside the vehicle bay. By the time the enemy could mount a defense, we were already pouring into the base, keeping them from taking the terminal back and therefore denying them any ground vehicles (and making it impossible for them to forge a path to my Sundy to destroy it). Did I single-handedly win the fight? Of course not. But I'm pretty confident that my tactics as an Infiltrator gave us a very strong start.
    • Up x 3
  18. Pikachu

LA needs its jetpack revamped to be fast and fun to use. Not this bzzzz "i can reach roof". It should be like Battlefront Boba Fett+Space Marine assault marine. Real fun flying fk yeah.
    • Up x 2
  19. LodeTria

What if I'm driving my harasser/sunderer onto the points to help hold them? I'm sure those defender sundies on points are always useless.
  20. Devilllike

just look for more outfits? i play whatever i like whenever i like just cause i like it so.

My other hardcore outfit when i was playing with them didnt want sniper rifles because we mostly would go in very terrible situations with lots of cqc so i used my smg emp set so i was still playing my class regardless of the fact that i have almost 12k kills on my rams alone...

People tend to bash the bolt action because most people cant use it and apart from that most people just camp with it,instead if they used it right they would understand how 1 infi can clear a chocked path like caves since everybody needs to pop his head out.

Honestly join an outfit with people that you enjoy playing with dont go with people that make you feel bored there is no point