What EVERYONE is missing in the Hacksaw-MAX debate...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xbodyshot, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Pizlenut

Oh sure lets pick on the magrider some more, as if this isn't identical to the magrider drama that already/is happening.
    You know what it is? You're all just jealous of our super sexy purple spandex. You can't stand being shot by so much sexy.

You see, this is how it starts. Some noobs start crying about dying, SOE does a knee-jerk balance pass, Noob can go back to HA, other two factions think a injustice has been corrected. Were all good here right? Lets have a vote, yep majority has it.
  2. Ayabe

OP: "NC-MAX can kill another MAX (almost instantly). This is why it is unbalanced."

Sorry cupcake that isn't remotely true, and unless you have 100% accuracy and are at 5 meters or less then the NC max will need extended mags to take an enemy MAX out without a reload. NC MAX will be a 1/3-1/4 health when all is said and done.
  3. T0rin

My question: Why do so many people whine like babies about dual Hacksaw MAX suits, but I don't see the same plethora of threads about nerfing auto shotguns?

What, an LA flying right up next to me and killing me in less than a second is ok, but a MAX walking up next to you and doing the same is not?

To further dispel the myth, no NC MAX can "instantly" kill another MAX. If you think you got "instantly" killed by an NC MAX while in another MAX, you probably got killed by 2-3 people firing on you at once. In the MOST OPTIMAL scenario, an NC MAX will take 2 seconds to kill another MAX, and potentially more if they do not have extended mags (1000 certs) certed. At any range beyond 10m, even extended mag dual hacksaws will not kill another MAX without reloading.

Stop trying to perpetuate this myth that NC MAXes just look at another MAX and they fall over dead. Takes about 8-10 times the rounds to kill a MAX as it does an infantry, they are just easier to shoot in the 5-10m range, because they are big fat targets.
  4. Naturaliensammler

Yep. Nerf the max damage per pellet.
    Reduce the conus in which they fly.
    Decrease the amount of damage drop.
  5. LordMondando

I'm actually fine with the magrider, I know how quick it is to blow up by flanking it.

There was an issue with the fully certed in hover, with a bit of speed the height that gave it made its climbing abilities lulzy given the current physics engine. I have no issue with it now.

THe issue with the mag is more the average tatical capabilities of the VS zerg seems to be 'ROLL MERG, FORWERDS!!1111' It gets boring and repetative quickly having to fight that.

Also the ******** about lock ons, seems to have a sizable consistency in mag rider drivers, who turn and run get smushed by a crow to the rear. Then can barely get out of the spawn tubes for the tears.

My point is this, I'm fine with fraction specificity. Why? It makes the game more interesting, most people seem to hate it though, as they simply cannot or will not innovate tactically.

I'd rather the game did not cater to them.
  6. Naturaliensammler

Now the Magrider is the worst tank out there.
    Its squishy.
    It has the lowest damage.
    It has a long reload time.
    It cannot do anything really impressive anymore except that it doesn't have tracks.
  7. Naehloseht

And horrible videos at that, the first two do not show full spree's, just kills of individual shots. Any sniper can do that too and seem like a professional, and the third video, he had a ton of backup, so you cant say he did it all on his own.