What do Noobs do that Annoy You?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrecentralGyrus, Jan 29, 2013.

1. TheAnnoyingGunner

What I wrote was a joke. Of course we mock those, who persistently pull off stupid actions. Just for the lolz... (Everyone has times where he is doing utterly stupid things, but this should be the exception)
    The funny thing is, most of them don't require deep wisdom of the game mechanics. It's just, wait a second, think what you're about to do, then do it. Do not skip the second part and just roll over the guy you have already seen 10 seconds before.
  2. Gammit

Walking in front of my squad that is set up in tactical fire positions and firing at the enemy, then strafing enough to ensure everybody gets grief.
  3. Pannath

Capping a base, 50 noobs running around in circles all over the base, near cap points... you're the only one standing on a cap.

I look around at the arrows of my own team running around and start threatening to TK them by name if they don't run to the cap point.
  4. Oain Niao

yea i knew it was a joke...kinda. but yea i understand that. ive been killed by new people and teamates that just want to kill me for the fun out it. i think it just a better approach if it said what new players do that annoy, cause theres some i read in this thread that happened to me....especially that thing where im the only one standing on the capture point......etc. i say new people cause back in the day calling someone a noob was just as bad as calling them the B word. now people embrace the word. just like females call themselves Bs today....i dont understand the logic behind it, but i guess now noob goes for new players now. noob still meant new back then, but a whole lot worse. back then ESPECIALLY in shooting games, u called somebody a noob, get ready for a war of words and revenge(es).
  5. Blast Hardcheese

- Destroying terminals...
    - Not dropping ammo packs
    - Grenadespam
    - Clustering in front of a single CARV / Orion
    - Going one by one up to an enemy like a train of lemmings
    - Sitting in the spawn while two Prowlers and their one mate on foot is capping the base.
    - Shooting your secondary / etc guns
    - Shooting at friendlies when there's a bit of travel time. Seriously. Dude in Vanguard shooting my sundy in the back when I passed him on the road. Shooting repeatedly. I had to mercy C4 him.
    - Don't repair or revive MAXes. Seriously. If a scattermax is helping you when you are engi, keeping you from getting destroyed, REPAIR HIM.
    - Whole platoon running around like a zerg, feeding the enemy zerg / platoon
    - Squadmembers not following orders. I don't even warn anymore. You get 5 min at most, then you are out.
    - Whole platoon getting taken out by 1-2 tanks because nobody is capable of coordination. Seriously, every night I have to C4 3-4 tanks per cap point because nobody else seems capable of taking them out.
    - And being completely incapable of taking on any form of vehicle at all. ESF, gunship or armour. Even a sundy.
    - Platoons / Squads which have NO SUNDIES AT ALL when trying to attack a base and end up running from previous cap, one by one, for easy kill farming by the defenders.
    - Hovering with lolpods on their ESF, getting turned into swiss cheese
    - Wasting time being 'skilled' by only using the rotary against other ESFs, wasting time they could be using killing more ESFs
    • Up x 1
  6. DramaticExit

This is how zergs form.
    The third guy sees two people travelling somewhere and goes "Oh cool, I'll tag along with that. Looks purposeful" then another, and another... Then the original guy leaves and the whole group end up gravitating to the crown, like zombies to a shopping mall, and spend the next five hours seeing how close they can make the render distance.
    • Up x 2
  7. Grumpymunky

Standing outside the shields trying to shoot in.
    Standing inside the shields trying to throw grenades out.
    Giving away their position or yours by not realising how loud their Q-spam is.
    Reviving at minimal health and not healing.
    Jumping in your vehicle's secondary and emptying it before a single enemy is seen.
    Calling for health or ammo with an active terminal in the room. (not sure if they're giving away free points or just clueless)
    Attempting to hold The Crown at the expense of everything else.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tasogie

They go round calling other people noob...
  9. Diamond Sword

Medics who stand over your dead body without even bothering to try and revive.
    • Up x 1
  10. OLume

Walk right in front of you when your laying suppression fire, or trying to kill and enemy.

Also! When they throw a grenade and Kill every friendly they can!
    • Up x 1
  11. Nerpax

1. Standing near friendly mines. Enemies rushing into a room may set them off and while the mine itself has an IFF-System, the explosion does not. Please be aware of my mines and don't give me grief.

2. Running/Standing in the middle of the road. I understand that there may be times when you must cross a road as Infantry, but do so quickly and with caution. I personally will break if i see you, but don't rely on me seeing you in time.

3. Excessive use of explosives to kill enemies with friendlies nearby. I must admit to be guilty of this, too, but it is usually because i misjudge the distance between my target and my fellow NC.

4. Shooting directly at me while i rest at the Warpgate. The noise is very loud and often comes surprising. I now usually turn down the audio when i am busy checking certs and stuff.

5. People shooting friendlies on purpose because they think they deserve it. I see that there are times when inexperienced, stupid or trolling players must be put down, but give the other player the benefit of the doubt. I had somebody kill me and my tank on Woodman today because i accidentally scratched his Vangaurd. He also shouted something in proximity chat that i didn't understand acoustically, but probably wasn't friendly. These people are part of the problem, not the solution.

Other than that, i mostly have a problem with the attitude of a lot of people, but that is something i encounter in most games, so it isn't related to PS 2 noobs.
  12. twinShield

See me shooting, run in front of my gun, then stand there gazing at the clouds while I either get a TK or get killed by the enemies in front of me.
    • Up x 1
  13. simmi1717

ramming friendly ESFs with their ESFs intentionally or not. Not heal you as medic when you are asking to be healed and moving back and forth in front of their face and asking for heals. Team kills. Get in front of you when you are shooting someone. Crash a galaxy full of people if they are flying it.
  14. DuckSauce

Those noobs that see you holding down a lane in some firefight, think "hey, great spot you have there!" and run on top of you. If I can see the inside of your character model, something is wrong.

And never forget the tankers that back over dozens of their teammates in a wild panic because they took one hit from a rocket...
  15. Tekuila

Not going to lose my tank cause some Derps think behind my tank is a great place for cover.
    • Up x 1
  16. TheShrapnelKing

I'm more concerned not with noobs but holier-than-thou ******** that think they can do whatever they want.

There were a couple guys from DVS, KevinNash and Emeralder, who decided they'd just go around a point we'd just taken and TK people who weren't in an outfit. After killing a couple people they came after me and I killed Emeralder but then Nash got me. Then they and all their DVS buddies that stood by and let them do it just left and left the pubs and I stranded there with nothing but some death stats and a bunch of trolling prox chat.

Anyone here from DVS? Until you deal with ******** like those guys, **** your outift.
  17. Crewell

They run in my line of fire keeping me from killing the target, and in return getting themselves killed and maybe even me too.
  18. DuckSauce

Yeah, except when you're squeezed between the canyon and amp station wall on Dahaka or any number of other choke points that derpy noob tank drivers like to blitz through. Obviously we're not talking about open fields here; don't get your tanker panties in a knot.
  19. HellasVagabond

Teamkilling......
  20. desktop

running over my radar mossie parked in the amp station vbay. bonus points when they dont understand why its there and talk silly on /yell.
    • Up x 1