What complaints do the TR and Vanu have?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beartornado, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Beartornado

I personally haven't played TR or Vanu, but I really doubt that everything about their particular faction is superior or even equal to the NC faction, as well as doubt that they have as much of an advantage over us as others claim they do.

That being said, I have my problems with some of the NC weapons and vehicles, but there are enough threads for those. I wanna hear some complaints from the TR/Vanu, find out where they think their faction is lacking. I think it might put some things into perspective for those discouraged by all the NC complaint threads if we got some good info on why the grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the fence (or at least less green in some places).
  2. Xae

The Vanguard is better than the Prowler.

The Reaver is bugged and has some major advantages because of that.

NC has better default sniper rifle.

NC weapons have a lot less damage degradation due to range. A quick burst at range does damn near as much as a burst at point blank. Meanwhile as VS I'm shooting blanks past 50 meters.

NC Semi-Auto pistol is miles a head of the Emperor.

Complaining goes in cycles, often detached from reality. Just look at the "zomg you over buffed AA!!!" threads from yesterday when people thought the AA buff went live. Of course it hadn't and AA was completely unchanged. Human beings have really, really, really ****** perception.

Edit: A good way to show how bad perception can be is to visit some other forums that have Outfits. On those forums what ever side they are playing is clearly the underpowered side and needs buffs! Echo chambers form quickly just like in politics.
    • Up x 1
  3. Bill Hicks

NC doesn't die fast enough
  4. Timezown

VS's weapon dmg drops off worse than any other faction.

TR.... idk i think their weps are OP

And personally, i like the NC weps the best (even though i'm VS). A few days ago I temporarily created an NC character to try out their weapons because all I heard was that they're so terrible, too much recoil, blah blah blah. It turns out there was hardly any recoil on any of the NC weapons (i believe i tried the LMG and the light assault classes rifle). LMAO if you guys call that recoil you obviously havent played anything but CoD

I was owning everybody with the LMG. I went like 25-2 with it. On vanu my KDR is only like 1.5
  5. souled

NC weapons hit like trucks at any range, though they are harder to aim. As a VS I feel my bullets stop being effective past a certain distance. The beamer is a terribad weapon. The vanguard plus shield is an extremely durable vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  6. Xae

Oh, and **** the Slug-Scatter max.

Like the one weakness of the Scatter max was range. Then you get slugs and whoops, there goes that. It turns the Scattermax into a dual railgun max. Each slug will do ~750 damage (you have a base of 1000 life). They are goddamn terrifying instagib surprise-sex machines at anything less than 100 meters.
    • Up x 1
  7. felfox

*Slinks across the battlefield, readies her plasma gun, suddenly noticies a shadow cast across her.* Sweet merciful Vanu NOOOOOO!- Splat!

Freaking Mag drivers can't see ANYTHING outside directly in front of themselves and trample us soooo much. It must be the alien tech in our suits that magnetizes us so much and gets us sucked under our vehicles way more then the enemy.

Biggest complaint of VS is bullet degradation. For very little to zero drop in our guns/snipers, we give up straight damage for the range. Sniping someone in the head at extreme distances is very frustrating when it doesn't actually kill them or even take down their shields sometimes.

We do get a lot of silly advantages though like not showing up as easily in the dark (why the 'Vanu come at night" joke exists) or that with tan coloured camos we look like NC and can generally make them second guess themselves.

Our guns tend to have smaller clips without without any racial advantage like more damage or rate of fire. That isn't to say they're bad though, we're just sort of a nice moderate blend of NC and TR so it tends to self balance out.

Lasher is really cool but you can kill yourself if you use it in close range heh.

Mags are actually the weakest tank in the game stat wise, however as everyone will point out yes the strafing tends to more then make up for it. 1 on 1 in close range though and mag will lose to prowler or vanguard every time. On the bright side the sauron second gunner cannon is so amazingly strong that it easily tips the favor for Mag. Honestly though I think all factions should have something as good as the sauron so when you do, a 2 on 2 seated mbts will go back to mag losing in close combat.

Basically its a lot of situational stuff that either works REALLY well in our favor or really badly, its just that its situational so people either don't realize it and call for nerfs, or don't see it at all unless they play that faction a lot.

TR in general are better at close combat and spraying bullets like crazy which makes them bad at long range. NC (has problems and the devs admitted guns weren't where they should be) is medium/long range with powerful slow but acurate (on the first shot so burst is reinforced) but arent the best at close combat, and VS is sort of balanced in the middle with nothing they excel at except super accurate, but we lose damage for being accurate so we penalize ourselves for having an advantage heh.

Oh and mag has HUGE bullet drop and nose is super close to the ground so really hard to hit infantry. Essentially its the worst tank to face off against infantry. The strafe just means avoiding rockets if you're really far away though. I think what people are experiencing is the sauron hitting them so hard they thought it was the main gun of the Mag heh. Seriously, don't nerf sauron, buff all other secondary guns to be as good! This is what a secondary gun should be! *huggles her Eye of sauron death beam unleasher!*
    • Up x 2
  8. ({x})Kyoji

TR has a bazillion people. NC weapons hit harder in close combat which is like 80% of the game.
  9. Kalocin

What's wrong with the reaver? o_O
  10. Nehlis

Apparently the best ESF in the game
    So by going by all the complaint posts, the factions should be like this...
    Infantry TR>VS>NC
    Tanks VS>NC>TR
    ESFs NC>TR>VS

/murp
  11. iGamer1990

im so busy getting certs i dont got time to complain
    • Up x 4
  12. Mahakar

Im playing TR and the only bad thing about us is the prowler. It is good at killing infantry but doesnt rlly fullfill the universal role of a mbt as the vanguard or magrider does.

Then again, I am being constantly told that my gun is op so i guess it kinda equals out
    • Up x 1
  13. DMD

The Magrider has such terrible gun depression, it makes its maneuverability barely compensate.
    Magrider also runs over everyone except enemies.
    The sound of VS weapons are very easy to differentiate.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY SPARE BATTERIES" - nuff said.
  14. UkayJ

aww, only 1.5, if only
  15. felfox

*Lends her sauron* be gentle with it... it likes to consume all life in the universe and has no shame.

The prowler is amazing at dealing with infantry though heh, honestly I'd actually fear a prowler getting a sauron... I think it would bump you up to best tank in the game heh.
  16. Gheeta

For TR the one thing that needs desperate fixing is the prowler and the secondary guns that are available for it. The prowler in in self is not good at anything and the secondary weapons that are available for it are absolutely horrible, then there is the deploy mode which needs to be completely replaced. There are some other issues but it is mostly quite well balanced in other areas than the prowler.
  17. Zelcot

Some TR started yelling about how the Orion is much more powerful then the Carv today. I laughed for a bit because the guns are pretty much the same thing. I used both for a while and noticed there are only 2 differences, one has 2x ammo capacity and the other has 2x reload speed. I think most of the empire specific complaints regarding guns are in peoples heads, and trust me I have been there myself. After all we would all like to think we get our butt kicked because the other guy just has the upper hand, and releasing that frustration out on the forums is quick and easy.

As for a complaint I have at the moment, what is with that top turret for the Magrider? I've given up using armor on Vanu fronts at this point, hard enough hitting a strafing tank when both cannons are off center. Suppose I'll try again when I have upgraded my tank further. Default Prowler shreds infantry as is though, which is a plus.
  18. Lowerydro

TR Prowler sucks great big monkey nuts. HUGE ones. Sucks 'em hard. After that it sucks some great big donkey dick....

I watched like 15 prowlers move out from a base we capped get crushed by like 4 magriders we ran into.

Armor sucks
    Size sucks
    HP sucks
    Guns sucks (the first shot has recoil, so the second shot ALWAYS goes to a different place)
    Special sucks (It STOPS MOVING, that is the "special move", it STOPS MOVING)

The only thing is does well is kill noob infantry that are too dumb to load out with a rocket launcher when they see one.

Really, I can say nuts and dick, but when I call someone the "new player" word THAT gets censored?
  19. Sowahka

VS here. Lasher is fun in the right situation but terrible in many, many others.

Jealous of the TR pistol. Damage drop-off over range with our rifles seems a bit much, but it might just be me. I remember taking pot-shots and getting kills when I went NC, there doesn't seem to be a point with many of the VS weapons though.

Scythe design is cool but annoying. Collisions with other Scythes in the wargate generally result in the two aircraft being latched onto eachother, unable to release. Also find that the claw ends up getting hooked on things easily, never had any of these issues as TR/NC when in beta. Cool vehicle, but it could definitely use a mechanism to stop it from latching onto everything with the claw.

I also feel that the Vanu weapon's attributes give you a lower skill ceiling than if you went NC or TR. Low recoil and bullet drop generally aren't things that a skilled player has to worry about, at range they naturally aim high and drag their mouse down to counter recoil, the recoil on NC weapons feels the same to me as many VS ones because I just naturally counter it without much thought. Higher RoF, larger clips, or more damage all seem like buffs that'd help a skilled player more than what the VS receive.
  20. DeadLamb

Only thing that sort of bugs me playing as TR is the mini map and in game colors..
    My team wears red, paints everything red, the load out areas etc for the team is red.. Yet on the mini map bad guys are red, good guys are blue, but in game we shoot and kill anything painted blue even when they have red triangles over their heads..

it's not a huge thing but it still sort of bugs me.. mostly because the other teams get to go "Red is always bad, always!!"..
    • Up x 8