What Are The Viable Vanu AR's?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by RayDrazon, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Buntfunk

Always wanted to reply to myself. Nah, I looked it up and thought I'd leave the info here. Soft Point gives a very small DPS increase if the target is between 12-20 meters away. If the target is further away though, it will suffer a substantial DPS decrease compared to normal ammo.
  2. Turelle

Flat out wrong. It increases the max damage range by a few meters. Doesn't affect the minimum damage or range. So if you do 143 at 10m, you now do 143 at 15m. You don't always see the difference, but it can mean a difference of a bullet, whether or not that appeals to you is another matter.

High velocity ammo increases the range at which you minimum damage (instead of it being 50m it becomes 60m for instance). So for long range weapons, it's a good one to get if you can spare the certs.

The H-V45 is a great CQC AR. It does take a good 2-300 certs after buying it to make it truly shine but they're worth it for any kind of close-mid range engagement. Advanced Laser sight is a must, in most corridors you wont need to go ADS, in face you're better off not. It has a high movement speed while ADS (0.75 as opposed to 0.5) and drops people sickeningly fast. It's downside is that it's high RoF leaves you running out of ammo fast and needing to reload a lot. If you're running without an engineer or going lone wolf round an enemies flank, the Pulsar might be your best bet.

I like the Pulsar for unpredictable situations, I have the NV, 1x, 2x, VMS 3.4 but mostly go between the 2x and 3.4 now. If I find myself using the NV scope, I'd be better off with the H-V45 unless lone wolfing it. It's a sturdy gun and rewards you well for most engagements.
  3. Buntfunk

Just because you do not comprehend words does not mean they are wrong. You are even repeating what I said. It increases the max damage range by a few meters. That means you will have will have a slightly higher dps in the 11-20m range. According to the graphs Ive seen the damage fall off at longer distance is quite severe though.

Unless your "Flat our wrong" meant "I kind of agree with you" I do not really see the point of your post.
    • Up x 1
  4. Naturaliensammler

Bullet damage decrease starts at 10 meters or 15 with soft point. From that point on the damage decrease is linear to the minimum damage range at which point it reaches it minimum damage. Soft Point also decreases the minimum weapon damage.

I was always under the impression that soft point would increase your weapon damage. But it really only shifts the curve a bit. So its a bit more damage in real close quarters vs. less damage in everything beyond that...
  5. Naturaliensammler

[IMG]

I made a quick chart. Should be allright but its 5 in the morning here so I might be a bit sleepy ;)

And it looks crappy because I made my superior discrete simulation is made in 1 meter steps ;)