What are the strongest weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SgtBeta, Jan 6, 2013.

1. SgtBeta

Sometimes people kill me with 3 shots or 2, and almost of all those times were not sniper rifles.
    I started not long ago and I am curious about the best weapons in the game, how about we have a little discussion about this? :)
  2. JWizzle

None; all weapons are (mostly) side-grades.
  3. failbot

GD-7F is the only one I think is a bit op...

Also, hurr durr lets not give a high rof carbine to the faction that specializes in high rof.

Soe logic.
  4. Mold1184

T9-Carv. Trac-5. Orion. All stock weapons.
    • Up x 1
  5. SgtBeta

So...if don't have any gun that deal that damage, how they killed me so fast?And what about the % on the killer's weapons, some are 100% others 65%.
    And no, no other enemies were close at the time I got shot.
  6. failbot

Carv and Orion are quite well balanced, SAW just sucks.

Trac-5? Not sure if cereal...
  7. Gary

It is worse then that! CHeck this thread

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-player-observations-on-other-factions.75379/

Turns out the NC/VS 845RPM carbines have identical recoil/cof and other stats to the slower TR carbine. Flip the table though and when the TR get the 845RPM weapons we get huge recoul/Cof and other stat increases to compensate.
  8. Gary

Simply put sometimes the server is a bit slow and registers you getting hit by more then 1 bullet at a time so you appear to die instantly.

When a weapon says 100% damage done that means you took 100% of the damage from that player. If another says 65% you only took 65% from that player and 35% from another or yourself (fall damage).

However i have noticed that when ever i am killed the %'s always add up to 99%
  9. raw

your FPS
    • Up x 5
  10. failbot

11. failbot

The %s are off, from time to time you kill each other, but still it shows that your enemy has x% HP left.
  12. Littleman

Lag.

Your ping + their ping + server packet rate = lag. Truth is, when you realize they're shooting at you on your end, they've been shooting at you for a few rounds already. It takes 5 to 8 rounds to kill in most engagements. Typically, the fewer the rounds, the slower the RoF on the gun. TTKs are supposed to be pretty even across the board in a perfect scenario.
  13. mj23rm

I imagine you are talking about the TR in that case you should know that there are two carbines which are the LC2 Lynx and the LC3 Jaguar that shoot at 800 and 750 rpm... that's pretty decent
  14. Revorn

Sometimes, things called Headshots happens. This could lead to an fast Death as well.
  15. failbot

Yes, but it's still lower than the other 2 factions fastest shooting carbines. We don't have a hard hitting carbine and we don't have a fast shooting carbine and we are supposed to specialize in high rof!
  16. Destinatus

VS: Pulsar C and Corvus.
    NC: AF-Mercenary and Hacksaw.
    TR: there are none. They all equally suck.
  17. SgtBeta

This must be the problem.I guess.
  18. MaxDamage

VS: Orion.
    NC: Gauss SAW
    TR: TRAC-5
  19. MartianDiscoFish

Flare for VS
    Gauss Saw (with the right attachments) for NC
    T1 Cycler for TR
  20. Crashsplash

Grenade by far. ;)