Weapons and Equipment you should probably avoid.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nephera, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Flying Mug

I'm thinking either the missiles will do a loop and hit you in the back of the head or start seeking only friendly targets.
    • Up x 2
  2. MaxDamage

TR AV MAX needs lockdown and alternate fire mode from PS1 and it would be fine. Larger magazines too. Kinda crazy the way it is atm, but I've done ok with them on occasion.
  3. Nephera

4. Flarestar

I'm... assuming you meant Concussion? Flash grenades don't affect your movement, turning rate, or aiming in the slightest. All they do is make your screen brighter depending on proximity to the grenade for about five seconds. If the grenade blows up pretty much at your feet the contrast gets blown out to the point that it's hard to see anything, but I mean it has to be literally right on top of you. At much of any distance from it at all the effect is barely detrimental.
  5. Flarestar

EMP grenades definitely do not belong on this list. Even beyond the whole "oh god I can't aim" effect, most people stand there confused thinking their game glitched up. Any time I toss one of those at a group of people I usually kill most, if not all of them before the effect wears off. EMP Grenade + automatic scout rifle for fun times.
  6. Strill

So then why not just use a normal grenade and kill them all without having to bank on any follow-up strategy?
  7. Flarestar

Effective radius. The only thing that seems to change based on distance from blast center with the EMP grenade is the amount of distortion applied to your view. Otherwise it seems to have full effectiveness even at the fringe of the blast radius, which is very large.
    • Up x 1
  8. Gavyne

Crap I did mean concussion, sorry!
  9. BigMacDeez

This smells like another NC whine thread....
  10. Malsvir Vishe

Terran Republic: T9 Carv. There are much better guns. It seems to not know what it wants to be. The MSW and Chaingun are better for hip firing in CQC while the Shotgun (Yes, the SHOTGUN) with slugs is better for mid-range combat. Seriously, a carefully aimed shotgun with a slug is deadly. A shotgun is also great for hipfire with buckshot and a laser pointer.

Either I suck with the Carv or the shotgun just really fits my playstyle.
  11. Bill Hicks

get the word out bro.
  12. Bill Hicks

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  13. WInander

I have to disagree about the AV rocket launcher, I find it much more useful than the dumbfire but you need a bit of open space. Either the tank if close enough for you to be able to compensate for the extreme dropoff without locking or you can wait a little for a hit the majority of the time. If the tank is fleeing after a barrage there's also a chance of a last hit. The anti-air launcher is dire though.
  14. Nikushimi

Wile it is bugged for most targets, it seems to work on shields just fine. This Makes it quite useful for killing people directly behind them.
  15. Gungan

What kind of crazy SOB flies that close to a well-manned Liberator? Do you want to get rammed or blasted by the tail gunner? My motto for Libs, is kill from range.
  16. Imnuktam

Agree with pretty much everyting in OP.

Add G2A launcher because it is a waste of time, especially compared to just using a dual burster max. Takes 3 hits to kill, usually just gets flared off and if you DO land a hit 90+% of the time you will just give that pilot free exp as he flies off somewhere to repair.

Dont know why, but this is true and why I actually bothered buying them for my engy. What is it about shielded doors that makes these actually function? Shouldnt be too hard to track down the difference and apply it to other surfaces, probably just not a priority when people are abusing bugs that hard crash surrounding players games.
    • Up x 1
  17. Bearcat

Triage ability for medics.
  18. Crywalker

I thought laser sight didn't affect shotgun COF w/buckshot.
  19. Malsvir Vishe

I'm not sure if it does or doesn't. I'll give that a test when I next get 100 certs to use on the laser pointer.
  20. Takoita

Underbarrel shotgun - reload too slow, very limited ammo, spread is too tight for comfort (IMHO).

The only time I've seen AV HA grenade used in action was when it blew up in my face as an engie. Never actually seen them being used in the intended role.

TR AV MAX - pounder has less projectile drop and reload time I remember it having when I first tried it out, but the damage is still ****.

TR AI MAX right-hand default cycler - if you somehow haven't noticed, it is pretty useless. Do you really need more of it? The moment I've scrounged up enough certs for right-hand Mercy my infantry kills in MAX jumped up almost x6 times. I can only surmise that double Mercy set up with mag size upgrade will inflict serious ******** on the enemy.

NC AV MAX - I've seen a thread somewhere around here that you can get good results with it. Lo and behold that same day an NC MAX landed a double body shot on me when I tried to show my face in his line of sight. From the damage recieved, it looks like 3 body shots will kill anyone without HA shield and/or nanoweave. The range is surprisingly good too.

Mine/C4 traps inside the spawns right before being capped - due to explosion damage randomly getting through walls / your teammates failing a grenade throw / people switching sides to intentionally TK your side / (?) can be a huge waste of inf resource atm. Basically the same risks as placing an AT mine \ C4 pie on a road. Be careful.

Default TR Infil rifle - don't cert that thing. Waste of time, IMHO.