[Suggestion] We need something more than a flashlight to counter cloakers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Yaesu

2. FriendlyPS4

You were crept on by an invisible medic? Oh do tell...

Again all I ask is more counter options, not a nerf. Seems like I touched a nerve on just how EASY cloakers have it.
    • Up x 1
  3. FeralBoy

Lmao, you can't hurt my feelings today, or likely ever. I just fixed my mx518 mouse that my tomcat bit the wire in half so I don't have to use the m510 curmudgeon like mouse I've been using for quite some time anymore. Plus I have the weekend off and a fridge full of beer. It's gonna be a good day.

Now back to your angst laden salt filled posts.

First: Stop standing still. If you stand still anywhere in this game somebody is going to kill you. Including your own spawn room.
    Second: Be mad at the devs, they made the cloaker class, not me. I just choose to play it.
    Third: Cloakers are not "invisible".
    Fourth: I play all of the classes and I will find the cheesiest ways to kill you on all of them.
    Fifth: Refer to the First.

You don't have to care about or even absorb anything of what I have to say to you but I ask you this: Before you came here and got all pissy about another class that killed you did you first reflect on your own playstyle and try to find any holes in your game that you could improve upon to not only meet the challenge of the player and class that killed you but to also make you even better than they are?
    • Up x 1
  4. FeralBoy

I think you just revealed how easily your own nerves have already been stomped on. Repeatedly...

If you can't reliably yet spot cloakers or haven't developed the situational awareness from dying to them already to be able to deal with them consistently you need your eyes checked, and some lessons on how to stop doing the same thing over and over when the results are always negative.

I ask the same thing of you I asked of another player who evidently has also been brutally sodomized repeatedly by the lowest hitpoint class in the game-
  5. FeralBoy

Situational awareness is not magical at all. It just requires reflection on what was behind and what might be ahead.

I highly encourage you to not "practice" situational awareness when crossing the street in real life, I strongly encourage you to "use" it. ;)

You are boring me now, all your posts seem to have the same vein... you are too lazy to change your own play style to counter the players who are currently kicking your adze.

Good day.
  6. Yaesu

Jesus. hahaha. First, I've been playing for quite a while now. I never stand still. Even when repairing. Second, with ya there. Third, BULL. Stalker Cloak is TOTALLY INVISIBLE when not moving. Fourth, that's the game. Yep. Fifth, refer to the first.

I got a big kick out of some of the responses to my post. Just down right stupid. What if I got killed by a tank? By a heavy? Jesus! LoL. I was able to see them coming, and in a lot cases, stopped them. With infils, it's total crap no matter how you're play style is. Yeah, sometimes you get lucky and spot their distorted image run/drive by and you get shots off. But, for the most part, it's some whimp who HAS to resort to invisibility, because they can't do it on any other class. And to anyone who says my statement is BS, STOP. Because if my statement wasn't true, then you wouldn't need to be an infil, would you?
  7. Hegeteus

Have you heard of motion spotters? If you can't ar$e to use one, there are likely teammates around who will.

They broadcast the precise location of all nearby infiltrators AND light assaults. Stalker cloakers can sometimes evade them at the cost of mobility(even crouching can be too fast on certain terrains), while light assaults have no chance with their jetpack.

I don't like the motion spotters personally, but it takes only a few infiltrators to operate them and it isn't really effective to have any more infiltrators than that. In fact, it's the one class you should avoid stacking since more enemies will(or should) be alerted to flanks, ambushes etc.
  8. FeralBoy

I understand why it is frustrating to you that you died to a cloaker but honestly...

When a tank shell you never saw wipes you out from 200m is the outcome any different?
    If a LA that you never saw camps over a tower top doorway and 1shots you in the back of the head with a shotgun is the outcome any different?
    If ANY class that you never saw that knows to jump while using a lift pad to camp a tower top doorway and 1 shots you in the back of head or C4's you is the outcome any different?
    If ANY class knows where choke points are and how to use cover around them so that you never see them and they shoot you in the back of the head is the outcome any different?

Hell no it is not.... I abandoned DarkLight attachments long ago after I found some graphics tweaking help and I routinely sneak up on other Stalkers and kill them by just picking up distortion.....when they are crouching still..... (yes, most Cloakers relish nothing more tthan killing another cloaker) :cool:

I wish I could remember or had the link to an old webpage for you on tweaking PS2 graphic settings that helped me be able to see cloakers. I too struggled at first because I legitimately could not see cloakers at all, even when they were running right in front of me (and I was cloaker in PS1 lol) Yet somehow I stood out like a sore thumb to everyone else. It all changed after that graphics tweak page.

No, no, no , no, no. I told you already I play all classes and I will find cheesy ways to kill you and piss you off on ALL of them.
    I played rugby and hockey and loved them both, I assure you I am no whimp at all. ;)
  9. PanzerGoddess

I approve of this thread lol...
    • Up x 1
  10. vitanidb

If someone playing on ultra has the means to aim for the head of a still crotched stalker without the aid of a flashlight then no. Cloakers don't have it as easy as you think they do.
    But hey, just my two cents here
  11. LaughingDead

Motion spotter, done.
    Crossbow with recon darts, done.
    Darklight for when you know an infil is near, done.
    A one shot to the headpistol that can equip darklight when you find said infil, done.
    EMP grenades, done.

I mean, if a stalker is waiting for you, sneaking about and singling out players to kill, that's perfectly fair. He is using a lower dps weapon that requires close range and accuracy and a supressor that brings it's range even closer while being a flanking/sneaking assassin class.
  12. Diggsano

but you have played the whole planetside 10 years long i thought?
  13. FeralBoy

Just as an example to completely refute your claim I give you an experience at one of the Biolabs on Esamir whose name escapes me with an outside generator...

I was playing a MAX at the moment because for some unknown reason I was the only TR able to discern that VS likely had a Sundy close to that gen they kept overloading. I stayed in the Skillsuit because VS that day were so silly they kept parking Sundies right behind the outside Generator. So I would just "Pound" them to death from the Biolab outside concourse with, you guessed it, a Pounder MAX. Well they evidently ran out of Sundies but this one new player kept trying over and over to overload the gen. So I went down and crouched on the ledge of the upstairs level behind a control panel directly overhead of the generator. I felt quite vulnerable as I thought surely any player running in, or an even more experienced player that would surely do a top-down check first would easily spot and C4 or Deci me before I had a chance to retaliate. Well this poor sod kept running and in running in...and dying lol...he would spin around and stop and start, and jump and flinch, but he never once looked directly over his head.... I killed that poor guy 6 times before he asked in [YELL] "what's the deal with the invisible hacking max....."

I sent him a /tell saying "Next time you run in there look directly behind and above you....that skinny ledge behind that control panel is where I was sitting the whole time....."

He never saw me once and I was in a MAX suit lol.....so sorry mate, plenty of classes become "invisible" when people have blinders on....
    • Up x 2
  14. Sil4ntChaozz

The thread itself or the insane amount of tear extraction?:p

Me as an infiltrator, love this.
  15. DrakeFang

So, not to try and make this thread constructive or anything, but what about the flare guns?

I honestly don't have an issue with the current state of infiltrators and their counters, and would most likely stick with the darklight flashlight on my secondary, but it might be interesting to see some other options as well.

As of right now the flare gun is utterly and completely useless, but if it was changed so that the flare's light had a darklight effect, it would have an actual (if incredibly niche) role. It could be used to light up large exterior areas or individual rooms for a few seconds at a time, and kept to a very low ammunition pool to keep it from constantly being spammed. Additionally, it would still take the secondary slot, so it would be something of a trade-off for the players using it as well.

This could also be used to help with counter-sniping to some degree, as one sniper could fire it off at an area to nullify the cloaking of another sniper, something which the short-ranged darklight isn't capable of.

I'm not proposing this as a perfect addition mind you, just the product of a little brainstorming. As such, I'd be very interested to hear the thoughts of both the infiltrator mains, and the people who want more ways to counter them.
    • Up x 4
  16. Hegeteus

As infiltrator, I personally wouldn't mind it. It already pales with the things I'm already accustomed to handle, like EMP grenades and radar spam
  17. FeralBoy

Lmao exactly, I wish somebody would make "A Day in the Life of a Cloaker" video...

Every time you think you have just experienced the most frustrating and unlikely death known to man, playing a cloaker will yet again stretch that realm of possibility of even further...

Hell, often times it feels like a major victory just to escape your own base without being TKed lol....

Good times :D
  18. NXR1

HV/NV scope should show them , scope is useless as it is since dark nights are RIP
  19. NXR1

I didnt know i wanted this until now, can my deep freeze have the ability to halt all regeneration (health, shields, and energy)
    • Up x 2