WDS Preseason 2 Changes and Feedback

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Malorn, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Pootisman

Answers pls.

Also, why does territory still show WDS points on map?
  2. Tuco

stop contradicting yourselves. A meaningful objective is exactly what the WDS is: stuff for winning.

now, if you draw a graph.....

-on the Y-axis is "stuff you get for winning"
    -on the x-axis is your average battle population imbalance, starting at 1:1 as normal, and going up 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, up to infinity

....you could draw a line
  3. Juho

Just a question

How do you upgrade weapons? Seriously there's no "Go to certs" option on my primary weapon. But when I look Youtube videos of this game everyone has it. How can I make it possible?
  4. Manabone

Gaining personal WDS points and empire WDS points are not aligned. Maximizing one sometimes means ignoring or sacrificing the other.

As your empire gets points, you should get points relative to how well your empire is doing. This will encourage people to actually try to win WDS as a team instead of farming points in fights that are not strategically important or even a waste of population. On the other end, squads taking difficult missions that can win the continent were often sacrificing their personal WDS points in the process.

Each tick your empire gets points, you get points. That needs to be the backbone of the system. It could be modified with minimum requirements for contributing during that period or bonus multipliers for gaining lots of exp during the period, whatever.

Re the 4th faction...

When WDS starts, you pick a faction. You can still play any other faction characters, but only characters in the one you picked can earn WDS rewards.