Waterson VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by WarpNaccele, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Luighseach

Jaeger had two Large outfits but they just weren't as powerful as people imagined. I know for the longest I was in one of them. Overall though it was the fact that even when we didn't like each other we were able to sit down and hash out our differences. I think the biggest reason for that is because the leaders on Jaeger seem older than the leaders we have on Waterson. We still have a lot of the leaders from Jaeger on Waterson but there are so many more that it makes things hard to deal with.
  2. SlyHix

The Waterson VS still manage to cap continents with little to no population; during prime time no less. I saw them cap Amerish with 18% continent pop. I felt helpless since my outfit could only hold one or capture one base at a time, as soon as we left it would be lost. Take the TR and NC main outfits then strip out all the trash like the well known zerg outfits that shall not be named, that is Jager VS.

The only Jagerson VS players left are the good players and the vets. They work together and split forces well. They are a ***** to fight against. For the most part they are allowed to ghost cap half the map without any resistance from the TR.
  3. Crator

As far as global command goes, I would like to see some sort of in-game system control it. Too many people try to lead on a global level and you get a scenario where everyone just argues over what to do (because they can), and nothing gets done. Now, if there were only a few global command leaders that could talk to everyone for purposes of leading, and no one else could talk on that global level, we would probably have more consistency from all players overall.

The question is how is this global command chosen? How about a voting system? Most people don't like this idea because it has potential to become a popularity contest. But there could be things put in place that make it so some variety of leadership must be chosen. Say for instance you have at least 1 global commander per 3 continents. Right now that means we would only have 1 global commander. When we get more continents we could have 2 of them. Then, we would have continent commanders, perhaps 3 per continent. Continent commanders can speak to all players on their empire on the continent they are on. They can also speak directly to the global commander. The global commander can speak to all players on their empire to the 3 continents they are in charge of. Commanders, and the way they are chosen could use a system that keeps track of how well, or how bad, they do while in the position of command. This would help the players determine who they want to vote in to the command position. There must always be one person who is voted in to the continent command that doesn't have much experience however. This way you give new people a chance to try and lead and make a name for themselves. If they have bad voting marks against them there's less of a chance they will get to lead.
  4. Ghosty11

You do realize that just because a global commander is chosen, doesn't mean people will follow them. Some will be butt-hurt that they were not chosen, and not follow simply because of that. Only mutual respect will foster cooperation between outfits.
  5. Crator

Understood. That's why there's a voting system. And a spread out of global commander between different sets of continents (when we get more then 3). So in the case of animosity between large groups of people, one set of them can go play in their corner and the other set go play in the other corner. But that's just in regard to large groups vs. large groups not liking each other. You still have the rest of the empire who might not be affiliated or have any type of conflict with the leaders so a natural following of the entire empire still occurs.
  6. Ghosty11

So how is that different then what we have now?
  7. Crator

Um, I just described it. Is there a voting system that the entire empire can participate in right now? Is there defined command channels that only allow a certain amount of people to talk on currently?
  8. Ghosty11

Yes, but I don't really see how voting in a commander (I'm sure larger outfits will find a way to game the voting) is going to make anyone follow command, and thus pointless. See what I'm trying to get at?
  9. Crator

Correct, and my rebuttal to that was this:

Understood. That's why there's a voting system. And a spread out of global commander between different sets of continents (when we get more then 3). So in the case of animosity between large groups of people, one set of them can go play in their corner and the other set go play in the other corner. But that's just in regard to large groups vs. large groups not liking each other. You still have the rest of the empire who might not be affiliated or have any type of conflict with the leaders so a natural following of the entire empire still occurs.

It's not perfect. Nothing will be. But it's more refined, no? Something that will work for the entire empire, not just large outfits. There's probably more players outside of large outfits then there are inside them. This should help lead those players.
  10. Jaeger TR player

I know there have been efforts by some outfits by Waterson TR to try and create a global faction wide alliance. I get the impression this tends to fail because people don't want to manage 3rd party voice coms on top of in game coms plus their own outfit coms. It just gets to be too much.

IMO, I wish SOE would implement 2 things:

1) a default position within all outfits related to item 2. I'd call it Communication Officers, but the name of the position is not important.
    2) A faction wide voice channel only accessible by communication officers (one or two per outfit, maximum).

Then let people/outfits use or disregard the added functionality at their own risk. And of course, like all other voice channels, have the option to mute individuals.

The Text chat box is not a good means for communicating anymore. I rarely look at it since it's usually filled with childish taunting and smack talk.

The game needs to provide a means to coordinate multiple outfits at the faction level. This just doesn't exist right now, and it shows.
  11. The Funk

Well gu12 might start bringing you some noobs. Get your training hats on. If you don't keep 'em it's YOUR fault ;)
  12. Czuuk

The VS wake up about once a week and or so and do some good work. The rest of the time if they win anything it is because there's a couple 200 player battles going on and sneaky VS ghost capping.
  13. hawken is better

Yup, I'm sure you have. Now, quote those pops!!

Don't disappoint.