VVHY giving sunders better vvepons.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by No0T, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Eternaloptimist

This thread is producing some major TL;DR posts so I'll keep it short:

Introducing some faction flavour to sundies with new ES weapon options sounds interesting and possibly fun.
  2. Insignus

They could, but then why would people people lightnings? Or even MBTs?

Besides its speed and maneuverability, the ability to mount weapons like the Halberd, Aphelion, Boombox, and Vulcan is one of the main reasons people pull harassers. Giving those guns to the Sunderer would damage the niche of other vehicles, and seriously disrupt their Meta. Meaning you'd have to increase its Nanite cost, which would have major downstream consequences in terms of resource usage.

You'd also make it easier to run battle-buses, because you'd only have to co-ordinate one gunner, again, disrupting the Meta. You'd also lose the ability to diversify your build (Such as running with one AA gun), which would compromise your ability to defend vs. air, unless you made it a high angle gun (See BMPT, which is an actual MBT)

I'd suggest you look at the link I posted above :) RE: If you make it more threatening, people will even more likely to shoot at it.

You'd also have them designing a completely new weapon for ground operations. And not simply a new weapon, a completely new model set for the turret.

Because the hull was not designed around the turret, it'd look really, really bizarre. It'd also increase the height of the vehicle, making it harder to hide it.

A turret is an integral feature for any vehicle. They have to be incorporated from the beginning, or else you're going to encounter major problems. See the M2 Bradley.

The reason I keep harping on a turret is because the only way to make a single more powerful cannon would be to find something between the Bulldog and the Viper turret for the Lightning, which has an enclosed turret (All current sunderer weapons are what's called Remote Weapon Stations).
  3. Money

All i hear in my head while reading Noot's posts

4. Exitus Acta Probat

Why not use your "w" key, because we now know it ******* works:mad:
    • Up x 2
  5. Insignus

I see your Laser Sharks, and raise you a Jet-Shaped like a Skull with Lasers on the Front!