VS just broke the record!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NightFall, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunfox

I just read through your recent posts, all I can say is that I'm now a little dumber. I can't even count how often you stated to play TR after crying about TR. Remove our MAX as your Avatar please.
    • Up x 1
  2. Xasapis

Going down to 27% from 33% is 18% loss.

Btw, today is a bit special it seems, we're back up to 31% after 4 days down to 27%
  3. xMihr

GU 2 02.02.2013

VS Pistols
    Increased iron sight accuracy, from 0.5 to 0.4.

The Hailstorm Turbo Laser’s 3rd and 4th tier magazine size upgrades should now give the correct amount of ammo

Saron Laser Cannon
    Projectile speed decreased slightly. (The Saron has no bullet drop, while equivalent cannons do.)

Magrider
    Saron HRB
    Slowed Projectile down slightly. It retains no projectile drop.

Yeah, I could totally see how the tweaks to VS caused this massive population drop.
  4. Xae

The biggest changes were not listed.

They completely changed the Scythes handling. It is more a brick than a pre-buff reaver now.

They also bugged Magrider strafing (fixed several days later) and bugged/gimped hill climbing as well.

The TL;DR is that the Magrider is now the worst MBT by a wide margin, and the Scythe is now the worst ESF as well.

Vanu traded a lot for maneuverability, which GU2 all but removed.

It isn't just bad for Vanu it is bad for the game. They took major steps towards homogenizing the game.
  5. Xasapis

These are just the documented changes. Major stuff didn't make it into the patch notes. Infiltrator not showing in IR is one such change.
  6. Haba

Let's not forget the fact that for a week Prowlers had instant hit projectiles. Number of Prowler drivers who brought this up and thought it'd need fixing: 0.

But Magrider is still OP!
  7. NC_agent00kevin

Ive seen the VS Pop on Jaeger decline as well. We used to be very balanced but lately VS is in the 20s with TR/NC in the high 30s and low 40s. NC used to be the underdog but now NC sometimes has the highest population. Theres no real way of knowing if people are leaving VS and new players are joining NC/TR or if its just players swapping factions is there?

The VS pop has been in a decline after the holiday season. I assumed VS appealed to younger players with less attention span, while on the opposite end, NC appealed to older players who tend to play their games for years on end. I had no real reason to think this other than making a speculation based on the factions' overall attributes, mission and aesthetics. Other than both my kids independently choosing VS that is :p

Dont worry NC: I showed them the path to FREEDOM! We will allow you to live how you choose, be it with tech inserted into your nether regions or what have you. Just dont force your ways on us, or you'll meet Mr SAW.
  8. Zorro

It simply makes it easier to hit the enemy.
  9. xMihr

Look I'm not saying I don't believe you but I'd appreciate a bit more evidence than some scythe pilots claiming nerf. The magrider handling issue was a confirmed bug by the developers, as was the prowler turning into a rail gun.

GU2 has brought a lot of documented and some undocumented changes but as with any major patch you will have folks spreading falsehoods. A few days back there was a thread where NC complained our accuracy was borked only for a CS to comment that no changes had been made. Big patches do this to people, it's post patch paranoia.

As far as I've seen as an active forum member the vanu have had minimal changes, the vanguard and prowler received buffs. The warp gates rotated and VS currently get the shaft on Indar and the magrider was bugged for a while in regards to mobility. Again, not saying I don't believe you but evidence or dev confirmation is needed over what could be a player echo chamber.
    • Up x 1
  10. Trucky

VS used to be very active, but now it seems like to be the less player, since of the magrider nerf and massive locking, one thing goes to another, by nerfing magriders all other factions got buffed automatically, then VS tried to get in scythes and libs to try to compensate the lack of heavy armor but got locked to hell by annihilators and uber speed projectiles tanks, after that VS tried to compensante things by going infantry but only to be devastated by the uber tanks. It's just sad because VS is losing players very fast and creating NC characters with no remorse.
  11. Wren

Wasnt the Mag 'nerf', or any hidden 'nerfs' that havent ever been verified

Its advertisement plain and simple. TR got a boost after the whole "EUS" with TB basically being a recruitment officer for them, and storywise their ultimate enemy is the NC, so there was a boost to the people that didnt like the TR as much too.

So here sits VS, other than 'technology lulz' doesnt really have anything going for it, story wise, celebrity sponsor wise, 'coolness factor' wise.

Gamers have always been a fickle lot to real or perceived changes.

They seriously need to lock the continent so no faction goes over 36% rep or no faction goes under 30% rep

In connery's case, I'm not sure if Vanu are jumping ship, or if TR/NC are just recruting more, but the factions themselves are more appealing (Jackbooted Empire/ Freedom fighters)
    • Up x 1
  12. bodmans

have no problems whatsoever on mallory, steady pop on indar. almost permanent ownership of esamir, and enough peeps in amerish to make tr go to indar
  13. TeknoBug

My care-o-meter on the Magrider is a total of 17 minutes since my character was created, I rarely ever ride in it. One thing I did notice last time I rode it since GU2 is that strafing is terrible and more difficult to position the nose without moving. The noticeable drop in population partly plays a role in why I spend much less time playing these days, it's just not that fun without outfit members online or only seeing a total of 3 squads availble to join only to be kicked out of it shortly after autojoining.
  14. TeknoBug

There was a hotfix stating "fixing an internal issue" which apparently DID fix the NC accuracy, I bet it was a coding error that caused a collateral effect on NC guns.
  15. xMihr

That's not exactly evidence, it would be conjecture. I didn't believe the NC claims without evidence at the time and apologized for my disbelief when an SOE CSA posted that there were undocumented changes with GU2. The CSA followed the post up stating there were no changes to NC weaponry and had only meant things like the IR scope. A future hot fix that changes an internal issue does not validate the paranoid claims of some NC posters.

I'm a huge proponent of getting more VS onto Connery, something needs to be done to address the population decline. That being said I'm not willing to blame the decline on unfounded claims of nerfs.
  16. that_darn_lurker

Yeah, Scythe is awful now. The maneuverability is terrible. I don't fly it as much as I used to. And the photon pods were never that great to begin with. The most powerful ESF by far is now the Mosquito with stealth. As soon as I sense one is on my tail, and my HP starts dwindling with steady gunfire and A2A missile shots, I just dive into the ground. I can't escape from it, and I certainly can't maneuver to dog fight with it, so I may as well just crash.
    • Up x 1
  17. TeknoBug

I'll just leave these here
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...accuracy-thanks-for-the-rollar-coaster.90092/

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/nc-getting-screwed-again.89716/
  18. xMihr

19. Inu

The game is already subpar -_- now there is even less point to logging on. I should get compensation now for being Vanu on Connery. I'm already paying for the monthly membership.

EDIT: Clearly the answer is changing our faction color to black, we'd be badass then.
    • Up x 1
  20. Xae

It is easy to verify the scythe was nerfed.

Fly one. It handles completely different now.

For a quantifiable test stall out straight up and reduce your speed to near 0.
    Hit the Afterburners.
    You won't accelerate up like you used to, you will accelerate laterally.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.