VS HV-45 Attachments

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Maedis, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Nakar

I find that assault rifles tend to engage more at moderate distances and thus favor going Grip with the gun's ADS move speed modifier. Never has let me down. ALS is good and all but I do not consider Medic a sufficient run-and-gun class 90% of the time as it lacks the advantages in engagement selection that LA and Infiltrator both get to exploit (which is where hipfire supremacy weapons are at their most effective). That's not to say I don't hipfire the H-V45, just that I don't normally do it except at ranges where it's pretty accurate hipfired anyway. I'd use the same logic with the TAR, although the TAR needs the Grip far more than the H-V45 does.

However, whenever I use the H-V45 I can't shake the feeling that it's not supposed to be as good as it is, and that something is wrong with the weapon as it doesn't quite perform up to its statistics. It's generally very much comparable to the TAR, but if you've ever used both the TAR and H-V45 extensively for long you'd probably note that the TAR's "rattle" is considerably more jarring and difficult to handle despite the fact that the two weapons have the same ROF and same horizontal recoil. The H-V45, however, has sort of a mild vibration that keeps it remarkably accurate even out past 40m. Some shots will still deviate, but plenty will hit, even if you're magdumping. That just doesn't feel right.

I hate to be the turd in the punch bowl, especially about arguably the only outstanding VS AR, but are we quite certain the H-V45 works the way it's supposed to? It just feels... too good.
  2. asdfPanda

It's not that it's too good, it's just that the other options vanu has *cough CME, Equinox burst cough* suck too much to be comparable.