VS HV-45 Attachments

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Maedis, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Maedis

I just got the HV-45 for my Vanu medic and I want to run the following set up.

Soft Point Ammo
    Suppressor
    Adv. Laser Dot
    1x Reflex Sight or 1x NV Sight

Is the SPA worth the upgrade for the HV-45? And should I run it together with a suppressor?
  2. Word Of Madness

SP ammo extends the range that you can make 7 hits kills from 10m to 15m. It's lower projectile velocity does make mid-range combat more challenging if your target is moving. The silencer will help you be a little more stealthy, but again, sacrifices some mid-range capability to do so. If you want the extra close combat capabilities and don't mind the negatives, then go right ahead, but if you want to keep some mid-range effectiveness, then it's probably to stay clear of SP and suppressors.
  3. Mostadio

That's the exact setup I run on mine. Works well. I wouldn't worry about mid-range combat, because that's not what the weapon is intended for. There are other weapons that are better suited for those situations, and you can just respawn with those or resupply if the situation arises.
  4. Severim

I tried out both the laser and the foregrip attachment in VR. What I observed was that the foregrip seemed to provide more benefit if you routinely ADS (like I do). The laser attachment might help with hipfire, but I usually only do that as a last resort. So if you are someone who prefers to use their sights rather than hipfire, even in cqc, the foregrip will suit you better.
  5. haldolium

I use laser+HSNV, no SP, no Suppressor. Works fine so far.

Especially the silencer doesn't seem worth it being *in* the combat usually and a target anyways... Softpoint I think I got but I like bullets to be fast so I do not use it.
  6. Ripshaft

For short range specialization that's the idea, though the weapon functions well at longer ranges if you choose not to spec into close range, a foregrip will give you some very impressive killing power at mid to mid-long ranges. It's still a close range powerhouse of the box, even without any attachments. But it's all on how you want to use the weapon, if you want a hipfire beast, use what you've got, if you want a more versatile weapon, you can try the alternative... it's not like you're restricted to one setup on the weapon, and 100 certs is squat, so give it some thought.
  7. Dracosh

I'm using H-V45 with SPA, IRNV, Forward grip and supressor, and ilm find it really good in close-mid combat. Much better than SMG
  8. Sock

Adv laser is the way to go with the H-V45. It's a close range weapon, don't try to make it something it's not. There are better choices for ranged medic guns. Whether or not you use SPA/suppressor is personal preference.
  9. Shiaari

Good to go! It'll take more skill to be effective at medium range, but that just takes a little practice.

I use this exact same setup.
  10. BlackbookPS

I would forget the suppressor your a Combat Medic, your gonna be reviving for score.

If nobody else is using a suppressor it makes no difference if you are.

A CQC SMG Infiltrator is completely different and may need a suppressor.
  11. IamnotAmazing

Yes on softpoint no on the suppresor
  12. Shiaari

• Soft Point
    • Suppressor
    • Adv. Laser
    • No scope with greater than 2x zoom
    It's a CQC weapon. If you're concerned about medium range then you're using the wrong rifle. That suppressor makes you significantly more difficult to locate. Do not think that other players ignore red dots on the map.

The only time you should be concerned about velocity loss with a suppressor is if you're consistently engaging medium-long range targets. If that's the case then I stress again the H-V45 is not the best rifle for that job.
  13. asdfPanda

I've been rocking nothing but foregrip on the H-V45 lately, as opposed to the usual 1x + adv. laser+ soft point combo. The extra rof helps out a bit in field fights actually. But man, those iron sights, so smexy.
  14. TheIllusionKing

I would not recommend the suppressor over the F-suppressor, it lowers your range and with the HV45, even at long ranges you can hit people with pinpoint accuracy. Even without it, you still have an advantage in a short-range firefights with the Hydra's RoF and Soft-Point ammo.
  15. ChicoFuerte

Iron Sights or 1x Reflex, Soft Point, Adv Laser.
    • Up x 1
  16. Sossen

Advanced Laser Sight - nothing but advantages.

Forward Grip - nice, but you are considerably less effective in CQC and only slightly better at mid-long range which, in my opinion, is the wrong range to be fighting at with this gun.

Soft Point Ammunition - extends the seven-shot kill range by five meters, extends the eight-shot kill range by two meters. Up until 40 meters away and 42 meters with SPA, you need as many shots to kill as any 143-125 damage weapon. Beyond that range, you are going to be considerably less effective even without SPA. This isn't a versatile gun, you should take the ranges at which it is good and amplify that advantage.

Suppressor - this, combined with SPA, is going to give you the most dreadful bullet velocity. It will impact your performance. The advantage being that you don't show up on the mini-map when shooting. Well, a medic should always be running with a group of people, and in a group of people the majority won't be using suppressors. You might not be the one they detect, but they will find you anyway. Occasionally it might help, but it would be better to only use it when you know that your teammates will be using it as well.

Flash Suppressor - not worth it.

Scope - your choice, but 3.4-4x is pretty much pointless.

Flashlight - masterrace.
  17. BlackbookPS

I use Foregrip and NV Scope.

As a CM any kill I make is a kill that I have to engage.

The Foregrip turns this bullet hose into a gun that can actually laser beam people at 25 M.

The NV Scope is great for killing head glitchers (only showing head) but is poor for blinding you to any cloaked infiltrator shimmer.

The NV Scopes range also suits the realistic max engagement range of a HV-45.

I don't need a Flash Suppressor on a CM and bullet hose gun. I need as much medium range performance as possible, so that my weapon can outperform close-close/medium range.

I have 1800 kills with this weapon and 26% accuracy. Although my Headshots are lower than some of my slower firing weapons due to the way how this gun mag dumps so quickly I have been bodyshotting as a safety net.
  18. Posse

I use it (the rare times I play medic) with Adv Laser and 1x Reflex, without SPA.
  19. Qasar

This thing is an Assault Rifle AND an SMG all rolled into one. I haven't gotten to use it much yet.. but so far... wowzers. Have Advanced Laser, 1x reflex and HS/NV scopes (I like to have both the NV and daytime scopes on all weapons and swap accordingly). I'll get SPA next. Not going to bother with either suppressor.

I'm just going to treat this thing like an SMG. Seems to work like one.
  20. Flapatax

Suppressors, generally, aren't worth the negatives. Most players aren't clever enough to watch the minimap, let alone draw accurate conclusions from it.

If you ADS, you're better off with the CME. HV45 is a hipfire ALS gun 100%. Even then you can get some pretty impressive ADS kills without a foregrip--the thing is a monster.