VS HA Looking For The Right LMG

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by RayDrazon, Jan 10, 2013.

1. TheEvilBlight

Pulsar LSW has foregrip or laser sight, but no compensator. I used to us mine with the foregrip and switched to a laser. I recently dug up my old SVA-88 from alpha squad and upgraded it as well. I /think/ SVA has advanced foregrip and a compensator, the Pulsar LSW does not.

Playwise I'm not too bad at either. Whichever one goes on sale first might be worth a go in SC if you have it.
  2. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Weapon Stats
    Time to Kill Calculations

In general, bar all the stats, you need to know what feels good.
    General pointers:

The Orion is as close to an AR as you can get; Decent accuracy, high fire rate, good damage, small magazine.
    It's the best starting LMG, and still one of the best weapons in the game for a dual. The low ammo and lack of attachments hurt it.
    It is also one of only 2 LMGs with 75% movespeed while aiming.
    The Pulsar LSW features low recoil, but with notably lower fire rate. 75 round standard battery.
    The SVA-88 is as close as you can get to the Orion, high vertical recoil, but high projectile velocity, good firerate, and a plethora of upgrades. The second LMG with 75% ADS movespeed.
    The Polaris is the CQB weapon of choice;
    Fire rate is lower than the other contenders so far, and it lacks the option of a compensator, but it features a 100 round battery and is the only VS LMG to offer a Level 2 Laser Sight. Relatively comparable to the Pulsar LSW in all other respects.
    The Flare suffers from low firerate and projectile speed, but deals higher damage per round. It is mostly useful for allowing for the most upgrades, including extended Magazines.
    The Ursa is essentially a Flare with lower fire rate, but higher projectile speed. Inaccurate from the hip, very accurate while aimed.

All in All, the Pulsar LSW is a good choice, it's accurate, easy to use, and most of all, it's really cheap.
    That video review is great, shows all the strengths and well explained.
  3. Fortress

Orion is the best LMG.

Do NOT underestimate the .75 ADS move speed modifier and 750 RPM for close fights.