VS HA Looking For The Right LMG

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by RayDrazon, Jan 10, 2013.

1. RayDrazon

Which LMG should I get?

At the moment, I am using the stock Orion.

Everything (almost) about it is excellent- I can easily 1 vs 1 a target at close-medium range.

The only thing bad about it I that I can tell so far is it's ammo clip size. There are times when I could have killed another 1-2 more people if I had more ammo. There are also times when I could have killed a MAX if I had more ammo in a single clip.

So, are there any LMG's out there for VS that have nearly identical stats to the Orion except it has more bullets per clip? If so, which one? What are it's stats compared to the Orion? What modifications should I get for it?

I can also accept good VS LMG comparison videos; just post the link.

Please post and comment below. Thanks.
  2. Jester7x

3. Zanduh

I completely agree with jester. For me, the pulsar is perfect. It is the most accurate and has extremely manageable recoil when you throw a foregrip on it.

Another option would be the Flare, but I'm not a fan due to its lack of versatility. With soft point ammo it basically becomes a NC lmg.
  4. gacktc2810

My top 3 favorite VS LMGS: Orion + Pulsar LSW + Polaris.

Orion is excellent for CQC, only thing I don't like about it is ammo clip size.

Polaris to me "feels" and "handles" like the Orion, just with a bigger (100 round) magazine, and slightly slower ROF. I don't know how similar they are in the actual specs, but regardless of the actual specs, the important thing is how the gun actually feels and handles in practice. To me, the Polaris really does feel like a (near) copy of the Orion, just with bigger clip. It also has a ton of customization options, which the Orion sorely lacks. The slightly slower ROF is balanced by the larger clip, which is worth it in my opinion. Especially for CQC, that's exactly where you cannot afford to reload too often.

If you like the Orion, you'll like the Polaris.

The Flare gets a lot of attention on the forum, but I just can't get it to work for me. If I am not using the Orion / Polaris, I am using the LSW. It has less recoil than Orion / Polaris, has 75 round magazines, and more customization options than Orion but less than Polaris.It is so easy to laid down sustained fire on even a moving target at medium ranges, which is where this gun really shines.

I wouldn't fire the Orion at medium range targets because it's really meant for CQC (it's fine at medium range if you can compensate for recoil). Polaris is fine at medium ranges because you can afford to waste bullets and just spray, but is still better closer in. The LSW is just amazing at medium ranges, due to decent clip size, high accuracy, and low recoil. No VS LMG beats Orion in CQC, but LSW is quite decent here too.

So trial both the Polaris and LSW, and see which fits your playstyle more :)
  5. MartianDiscoFish

The video makes a good point about side to side recoil,
    Equal side to side is hard to compensate for, making headshots a medium-long range pretty much impossible.

Pulsar LSW and Polaris are both great at getting headshots because they pull only to the right and have low recoil, but they have slightly lower DPS.

Orion and Flare are good for hitting center mass and spraying down your enemies, not so good for headshots.

Ursa and SVA-88 are pretty much useless.
  6. Nenarch

SVA 88 useless, what\s your BR again man. I dislike people who don\t know anything and then actually think theyr worthy to guide others.
  7. Deschain

Can't beat the stock Orion or if you really want to buy one, buy the Pulsar for the extra clip size. I've tried them all and i always navigate back to the Orion odly.
  8. Unnoan

Why the Pulsar over the flare? The flare seems like it has more attachments so it would be more versatile.
  9. Deschain

Pulsar as a fair easier recoil managment as it only lifts ^>, excellent weapon for close-meduim range. that and fire rate on pulsar is double the flare.
  10. Unnoan

Maybe I am missing something here but with the horizontal recoil being equal for the Flare wouldn't that mean it only goes up in recoil which would be better than up and to the right? When I trial guns with equal horizontal recoil they only seem to go straight up during full auto.
  11. SinerAthin

Soft Point ammo doesn't increase damage. It only increases the range at which your bullets begin to lose damage by 5, while significantly reducing your long range damage, and reducing your bullet travel speed.

The Flare's heavy damage is nice, but it's going to lose to a higher RAF weapon in close quarter, and it is not as powerful at medium to long ranges as the 88.
  12. Unnoan

It would appear after looking at the data that the SVA-88 would be my gun of choice if it wasn't so expensive. Stat wise it is a better version of the Pulsar but I am not willing to shell out station cash for it nor do I want to spend that many certs on it. It basically is a slightly better pulsar. I don't really like the look of the recoil on the pulsar though so I may just get a flare anyways.
  13. BlackDragonFun

I have been using the SVA-88 with a flash suppresor, reflex, and foregrip. Accuracy is great, recoil is controllable, and damage is good. If at medium distance, the most effective way for me is to aim around their legs before letting off either a long burst or a few short bursts. The gun will kick up, and most of the bullets land.

I've just unlocked the Pulsar LSW, so not sure how it compares.
  14. Syranorn

been using SVA-88 w/ compensator, NV optic, foregrip and HV ammo for a while (auraxium medal few days ago). awesome weapon. Favorite LMG of the game (EM6 in second). Certed the pulsar lsw w/ forgrip and NV optic. the recoil is higher than SVA's. Sva really feels like an upgrade of the pulsar
  15. Extremite

The Flare is my go-to LMG when I'm on my Vanu soldier. Firing it off in bursts works wonders at mid-long range. Close range start off center mass and let the recoil work you up to headshots. BR26 on the Vanu, btw.
  16. Inviso

Ask the top Infantry VS players. Even other factions who have VS alts.

SVA-88 is ******* badass. I fall over laughing every time I see a post from a Sub BR40 on these forums with a sub 2.0KDR saying that "such and such gun is useless"

I've got Aurax medal on Orion, SVA, LSW, Ursa. I dislike the feel of the Polaris and Flare. They do not fit my playstyle. I even have a gold medal with the Eidoldon.

Every gun fits a situation. How situational each gun is depends on your skill level, discipline, and ability. Personally, I feel the SVA is the best all around weapon hands down. I have the most kills with it compared to any of my other weapons.

And Less than 1.5k of my kills are with vehicles before you start ******** about people camping in vehicles to get high BRs. And that's a highly overestimated number. I play HA almost exclusively because of it's utility.
  17. RayDrazon

Ok guys. Thanks for all the feedback.

I have decided to go with the Pulsar LSW since I really enjoy the versatility of it. I bought the 1x Reflex Sight and Foregrip modification for it. So far, I'm doing really well with this weapon; even managed to get an Octa-kill in one clip with it. Really loving the bigger clip size ;)

So yeah, once again, thanks for all the feedback.
  18. Erendil

Yo Ray, good choice on the LSW. It's a great weapon and I'm sure you'll rack up lots of kills w/ it...

However... I strongly suggest that after using the LSW for a week or so you trial the SVA-88 and see what you think of it. The SVA is the LMG that's closest in ability/behavior to the Orion, and it's IMO the best all-around LMG that the VS have. About 80% of the time that I play HA I'll be toting an SVA. It's my LMG of choice for most situations, because it has:
    • The 2nd highest RoF and thus Damage output (2nd only to the Orion - tied w/ the LSW)
    • 2nd highest muzzle velocity (2nd only to the Ursa)
    • Lowest first shot recoil
    • Fastest recoil recovery speed
    • Fastest footspeed during ADS (.75x of the default, tied with the Orion. All other LMGs in the game for all 3 empires have a .5x multiplier so they cut your footspeed in half)
    • As of 12/12 it now has the smallest ADS CoF, apparently switching stats w/ the now-worse LSW (and tied with the Polaris, Flare, and Orion)
    • smallest hipfire CoF
    • One of the largest attachment selections available (it's only missing soft ammo and the Level2 laser sight that the Polaris gets)
    Its only real downsides compared to the LSW are its high sustained vertical recoil (the worst, tied w/ the Flare, whereas the LSW is much lower) but you can get a compensator to reduce it (which does help significantly) and learn to manually counteract the rest via your mouse with practice. It also has slow reloads (4th place, the Flare and Polaris are worse).

If you're a numbers guy and are curious about how the LMGs (and all other weapons) compare to one another you can find all their stats in this google doc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZOSWNaanFqSUVxLWc&f=true&noheader=true&gid=12
  19. Kedric

Another vote for the SVA-88 here. I also like the Orion, as its fast reload times fit my playstyle in CQC.

Ursa is great for longer range combat. Flare works OK for this as well, but the Ursa has the better stats for it.
  20. gacktc2810

The LSW is my main weapon, but I finally got around to using the SVA-88 last night (have had it for a while).... great gun, definitely better at longer ranges than the LSW (which is why I pulled it out, had a group of spawn campers at medium-long ranges to deal with).

Haven't had chance to try it in CQC yet. Trying to refrain from using other guns until I've gotten the Auraxium medal for the LSW :p