VS connery overpop must end

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AlephZed, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Goden

If you're going to post pops of Connery then actually post the pops during a time when people actually play, not 4 in the morning when everyone is sleeping. Of course population is going to be broken during the nighttime - other people from outisde North America log on and people in NA log off.

Populations are specific to the servers region. You are not going to see balanced pops during the off-hours. Get used to it.
    • Up x 1
  2. Halcyon

This is why I don't give a crap about WDS.
    If the population can't be balanced so WDS is also balanced, fair, and fun....why should I bother participating?
  3. TheFamilyGhost

Nothing is more boring than balance. Seriously, why play when a game is simply rote memorization with no variables?
  4. Brahma2

Play on all the factions?
    • Up x 1
  5. maudibe

The overpop isnt all the time and sometimes just makes it more challenging to fight against. I rarely get a good fight when in a zerg and to me its boring. The best fights for me are the larger battles that go on for hours where its more even in numbers and no one has a large armor or air presence. I like some armor and air but if one side is raining dalton rounds, and rocket pods and tank rounds in the doorways its no fun. If its not constant and the tanks are keeping their distance its more fun having them for me. I can choose to go AV or AA or AI and i like that aspect the most.
    So.....look at it like a blessing and/or state what happens that you really dont like and quit because of? Sounds like you are making presumptions about the japanese players. Everyone learns that we cant control life, just adapt to it. when i cant get a good game after awhile, i log out. I have really enjoyed some of the fights that i've been in that occured while the pop was 60% in favor of one faction *(NC or VANU- i play TR).
  6. HadesR

That is very true .. But in regards to something like WDS it does skew the scores and maybe raises potential issues for continent locking when it's implemented ..

That's servers in general and not just Connery
    • Up x 1
  7. Wizz

Curious as to when you took this screen shot. Considering during much of the day and prime time NC holds population advantage by 3-6% most days on connery. At least since I started playing.
  8. Clay

:eek:
    A 4th Factioner! Stone him to death!
    • Up x 1
  9. HadesR

If as normal it's around Midnight/1am - 9am ( PST )
  10. vanu123

WHAT VS OVER POP ON CONNERY XD AHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    This has to be a joke. Seriously you didn't bother to mention how the NC have a consistent 40%+ population on Connery for the past 8 months at least in the hours of 3pm-1am? There was however a about a month/a few weeks in between where the VS did gain a large Pop base and consistently won alert after alert. Oh btw you don't mention the chinese for the NC either.
    Literally Japan is the only thing keeping the VS alive at night. I am as much for pop balance as the next guy but forcing players to move? NO! That is not the way to do it. Oh yea and get rid of WDS.
    USA/JAPAN VS FTW.

So I take it DPSO, Ybok, etc. dont count as organized? Actually any time it is 50/50 VS consistently win due to the fact we usually fight with fewer people so we are used to the imbalance. ADK? really.
  11. Wizz

sadly, that's when the player base is at it's lowest pretty much.
  12. HadesR

I think the majority have gone to the Chinese servers and that includes the big TR contingent .. Which is why maybe the pops are as imbalanced off peak as they are now.

But will agree OP was kinda wrong to point his finger at one faction or another .. It's a problem across all factions and all servers and kinda makes something like WDS a joke .. As off - peak maybe easier gained awards are the same as hard won on peak ones.
    It is something they need to look at if they ever want WDS to ever be more than a novelty aspect.
  13. AzureKnight

That overpop happens at the time you were playing consistently. From about 1-10 am, from what I understand, the Japanese players get on and just over pop by a huge margin.

They could easily fix the point problem of this overpop in the WDS if they took my idea I made a couple weeks ago...

Since this game's out in China I believe, do you think they may migrate to their servers? We'll see what happens.
  14. BITES

6-10 you can deal with... 50% vs 25 however makes zergs virtually unstoppable..
  15. Wizz

You'd be surprised how much of a difference 6-10% population advantage can make. Most hexes are won over by the side who has even the smallest advantage. If this 50% advantage is happening it happens late at night when the population is at it's lowest. In theory this population advantage could be as much as 50 players. It all depends on how many people are in the game currently. Which so late at night isn't many. Now shifting the population even 3% during prime time would require a HUGE amount of players on most servers. Just saying.
  16. BITES

That goes without saying really... However the current WDS meta makes serious /ridiculous over pop an instant win/award for simply being the largest uncontested zerg.
  17. Wizz

I can agree with that.
  18. Church41349

how about people just stop ******** about it and go shoot them
  19. zombielores

server overpop by how much? have you played on connery, it's a 2v1 down there, TR and VS mainly attack NC, doesnt matter which way you look at it VS/NC front 1-2 48+ both sides fight during monday to thursday, 2-4 48+ during friday to saturday. TR/NC front, similar to NC/VS, VS/TR front 1-2 48+ anyday of the week, even on saturday primetime. Let’s do the math, 2v1, NC
    must have 50% pop and TR/VS both need 25, but currently it’s around 40(NC)/35(VS)/25(TR) during prime time. But off of prime time, VS and TR cont cap Esamir or Amerish since most NC players are asleep during then and NC don’t seem to like ghost capping during then.
    What outfit are you in? maybe an organized outfit will actually bring you to fights you are outpoped.
  20. zombielores

What I think the OP is trying to get at is that when the VS over pop at nighttime for NA players, the WDS score still count just as much so that means its practically uncontested WDS scoring unlike during prime time, you will atleast get some resistence so that will slow the zerg down or there will be back cap and etc.