[Suggestion] [VS] Ballistic Computer for PhaseShift

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Kubin, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Ryo313

so what about the other factions? what do they get to compensate for the op VS weapon(s)?

telling me that "TR gets more Bullets" is straight up ********... more bullets are worthless when you're dead ... you need RoF as well to use those bullets effectivly but guess what... VS has the same RoF but better Accuracy on their weapons already.

VS always cries about nerfing others and buffing themselfs into oblivion... you are already the OP Faction (especially in infantry combat) in the game so pls shut up about buffing your infantry even further

srsly... no bullet drop and the ballistic computer is op there is no question about it.

imo the starter weapon (which should be the only rifle with the BC) shouldn't have any faction traits...
  2. Diggsano

Well just you know there was just a few soldiers who ever played the spectre because it is uter BS...

It is not like that the Majority plays Bolt action Sniper Rifles which the NC becomes for free...

So could you please shut up? Thanks
  3. BartasRS

Spectre cannot even kill anyone in 1 headshot, it's more like a scout rifle. I dunno why everyone freaks about this whole "VS no bullet drop" stuff. Seriously, no good VS sniper rifle has no bullet drop. Scout Rifles yeah, but tell me when you last killed anyone with Scout Rifle at 300m+ range? Phaseshift? Sure, no bullet drop and it can 1 shot people at very long range but it also has long charge timer, very slow (for sniper rifle) bullet velocity and it usefull only for killing turret engies, noob snipers and people who AFK. You cannot even effectively body shot people as you have to reload every 2 shots meaning you prolly loose sight of your target.

Anyway, I think that BC would not matter for Phaseshift, for any other true sniper rifle it would be OP for sure.
  4. LaughingDead

Can't the phaseshift one shot?
    That seems like a massive oversight if the argument is that bolt actions are far better than semis, so phaseshift can get it.

But again, I'd like it if all the ES snipers got it, ya know, jack trap and phase.
    • Up x 1
  5. BartasRS

Phaseshift CAN oneshot. At least at 300m or less. After that it needs 2 shots. OFC I am for every ES sniper got it. Still, for Phaseshift, in its current state, it would not matter at all and might be bit too much for other guns. If I got Wrel tweet correctly Phaseshift is being worked on so whole argument may be invalid Soon™
  6. Ryo313

which benefit would the Trap get from the BC ? o_O its not even a "sniper" rifle .. its more like a huge assault rifle x'D (srsly 2 and 3 shot bursts on a sniper rifle is the worst idea but decent at mid/close range where you don't need the BC anyways because hipfire ftw)
  7. BartasRS

exactly!

Whole panic about BC is a bit overrated IMO. BC is usefull for newbs only as any player that plays the game regularly can afford Hold Breath implant powered all the time and this works just as fine and if it doesn't help, BC won't help either.
  8. Diggsano

200m without Silencer

180m with Silencer and much slower Bullet
  9. Kubin

Generally speaking, at least two out of the three ES sniper rifles should get a bigger or lesser rework :p From my point of view:

Railjack: This is the only decent one, as far as my knowledge goes. Seems fast (in terms of bullet velocity, not RoF) and accurate enough not to be neglected.

Phaseshift: As someone has already posted in this thread - Wrel hinted that this weapon will probably get a "fire mode switch" between semi-auto and kind of bolt-action-ish(?), which seems ok on paper, but we'll see in practice. So this rework is covered.

TRAP: Somewhat tough, this one. Since the Phaseshift is supposedly getting firemode switch, it'd wouldn't be the best if TRAP go a copy of it. For that I'd propose a unique mechanics that go as follows: When hip-fired, TRAP would act as a burst weapon, but when scoped, it'd automatically go into semi-auto mode. It would provide TR infils with a tool inbetween SASR and SMG to satisfy their needs in both long- and close-ranged combat.
    How does that sound to you, TR?
  10. DocLorria

Yes, Yes, Yes - ballistics computer for Phaseshift - come on devs! next patch! pretty please.
  11. Diggsano

I rather have a great charge(or none) and fast bulletvelocity than a stupid computer.
  12. T.A.94

The idea for BC on Phaseshift VX-S sounds great but is it really necessary?
    I mean think about it,
    isn`t it supposed to be a more rewarding weapon for experienced Players
    same at its counterparts AF8-Railjack and TRAP-M1?

I mean BC ts great to get familiar with this (in my oppinion higly underrated) weapon.
    Otherwise I can´t imagine how to (lets say) "balance" the counterparts :/
  13. PanzerGoddess

it works on the sv99, literally worst piece of garbage tr has ever had for a sniper rifle.Its just another tool to use is all, its all mechanics, once you figure it out anything gets easier to use, on the backside there is always the lingering effect of ttk and actual % of use that is good.

and as usual diggs running his mouth like he knows everything about everything....yet he still sucks as an infiltrator.
  14. Diggsano

Dude..seriously...i mean really?

I think the whole BC is some noobsh!t for newer players who don't know there is a sprint button.

Also the Phaseshift hasn't got the best Kill potential...you know...just the basics:

Kill stationary Targets
    Kill Engies on turrets
    Kill infantry on terminal

And you say to me i suck as infiltrator?

Maybe with a usefull buff (finally) for VS Infils and we sucks less ;)
  15. Campagne

Just to point it out, holding one's breath does not completely remove the scope sway. Making long range or other precise shots can sometimes be difficult due to the very small movements that still occur. The ballistics computer of course completely negates this.

If it were to become available on any rifle, I can honestly say that I would greatly prefer it over a forward grip and especially so a straight-pull bolt, which in my opinion is the actual "noob attachment."
  16. BartasRS

BC for Phaseshift would only make it less annoying to use, nothing more. It might make hitting moving targets a bit easier but still... What Phaseshift really needs is to get rid of charge mechanics (in favour of different fire modes) and slight increase in bullet velocity. Heck, I would gladly get only one of those.