Voice chat in game not available. Cannot hear voice either

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by eFyoCouch, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Ginsu

The reinstall did not fix the issue.
  2. BL4CKW0LF22

just an FYI: this issue was game-wide recently, as in a few days ago. I've sent this bug via support ticket and SOE replies with this message:

I have to assume that SOE Support doesn't read the SOE Planetside 2 Forums because it was known (to the players) this issue was game-wide. I reported this through SOE Technical Support Ticket and that was their response. after a few more replies they still claimed no one else ever reporting the issue as wide spread as I claimed:

I've even linked forum threads stating these claims to these guys. Now, i did follow every step (except the recent one) to the "T" and nothing ever resolved my issue-as i expected since everyone was claiming in game comms were out on every server for everyone. So I find it very hard to believe this was a local error among us, the users. the issue lasted maybe 24hours before the comms were back and was short lived but i'm still blown away that A) the comms were even an issue to begin with for only a few of us (then globally on every server) and B) that SOE Technical Support was unaware what every player was experiencing on every server. Even claiming nobody else reported the same issue, claiming to be as "wide spread" as I stated.

With all due respect SOE, I can't believe I was the only one who stated this issue was global (every server experienced this issue) through support tickets. On top of that, I was told the issue was on my end, not SOE's. This problem was fixed within 24hours (by what i assume was ultimately SOE) and everyone else had their comms back, well almost all of it. Proximity chat was still broken for some odd reason. Shortly after experiencing broken Prox-chat, it was fixed. I'm just blown away at the responses I received through emails, knowing what I was claiming was 100% accurate with proof being here on SOE PS2 threads and statements from players on every server. In fact, our outfit felt forced to invest into a Teamspeak 3 server to avoid the in game comms provided to us, all together. Most of us here would agree it's better to use TS3 or Vent anyways however, if a feature is going to be provided and it's unreliable..what other choice do we have?
  3. Takro

I have the same issue, no ptt keys work, I cannot hear anyone, I don't even see the transmit icon over another players head when they talk. Prox, squad, outfit, nothing works.
    • Up x 1
  4. Keft

Add me to the growing list. I had voice chat today when I started playing, and then lost it when my friend left his squad and invited me to a private group. As soon as that took place I now have all the symptoms described above.

I have rebooted, relaunched and done other basic troubleshooting. I will now try a game verification but based on the above notes I doubt it will work.

I am also having an issue with a large decrease in graphical performance after the last major hotfix.
  5. tralalog

mine was working last night on a tr toon. i was so excited that i switched to my main nc toon and nope, no voice. and now this morning no voice on any toon. i wont be playing this game til they fix voice
  6. PlanetDefense

I'm tired of unchecking and checking the voice chat box to fix this glitch. It keeps happening to me where I have no voice chat at random times. SOE needs to fix this issue.
  7. DukeSylar

Am experiencing same problems. I went into voice and chat and then went into squad and for some odd reason it showed that there were 0 members in the squad. (I was clearly in a squad). This would also happen for a platoon.
  8. PlanetDefense

Had voice chat problems today again. Proximity was up, but Platoon, Squad, Command and Outfit chat were going up and down throughout the entire time I was playing (about three hours). This problem has been going on for weeks, and SOE is not acknowledging or addressing the problem. What is going on?
  9. General3334

This issue, or a similar one, has been plaguing my outfit for the last week. Voice Comms just stopped working across the Board, unable to communicate with eachother or command, except through typing, which usually resulted in our deaths. I have been a lucky one, Eventually the problem solved itself, but, most recently, my entire platoon suddenly was no longer able to use Squad or Platoon chat, having to use Proximity or the Outfit chat to say anything(This included Typing). I'm not sure what is going on with comms, but, I hope it gets solved soon.
  10. Irishfist

Yes, same problem here. Proxy voice works fine, but squad voice doesn't work at all. When I join a squad, it shows zero members in the voice and chat settings. This issue really kills the fun factor.
  11. Miejot

Hye guys , me and friend managed to get the voice squad chat to back online. First we detected that he could not find any of his member in the squad voice chat , platoon and general . Thus we thought it might be some sort of setting . After few troubleshooting and investigation , we found out that his ISP from his country ( UAE ) is blocking Voip. I am not sure about others , probably router or anti virus is blocking your voip port. Thus you need to find out .

What we do is , he connect himself through a VPN server and connect to Planetside 2. He managed to get the squad voice chat to work .

It worth a try on my approach to get the voice squad chat. Before that , please check on the voice and chat if there are any other members in the list. If there's none , probably this work .

All best guy.
    • Up x 1
  12. Miejot

Same goes with my friend bro,

He could not find anything when i transmitted the voice over. We look into the voice and chat under social tab, he could not find any other members avail in his list. Then we opt to use the VPN and connect to planetside 2. And he managed to talk and use the voice chat succesfully
  13. Miejot

One more thing ,

I found out , when i looked into my friend list. all of my friend who able to use the voice chat , they have an icon a guy with headset , my unfortunately friend who could not use the voice chat, i found out the icon is not there. It's just empty. U need to ask your friend around to check your icon on their friend list.

1.I think that, if the icon ( guy with a headset ) is not available to you. Probably something is blocking your VoiP port.

2. go to social --> voice chat . Check if other squad members , or outfit or general is in the list. If the list is empty, then probably your voip port is blocked.

3. If you know your country is blocking Voip such as the UAE in my friend case, you could opt to use the VPN.

all the best mate.
  14. Miejot

is your ISP blocking Voip ? or your router or anti virus blocking Voip port ?
  15. Miejot

Last of all ,

i quoted this from the post

" What Ports does PlanetSide 2 use?"

Voicechat is a SIP based application, that can change and be dynamic. The initial SIP request will be made on:
    HTTPS (TCP-443)

The actual voice communication is currently on (This can change dynamically):
    UDP-5062

However please take note that the voice server is dynamic, it could change ports, but that port information will be relayed through the proxy on port HTTPS (TCP-443).

So in summary, make sure the following are opened (Outbound), and if you are having difficulties make sure you have port forwards enabled for the UDP ports:

HTTP (TCP-80)
    HTTPS (TCP-443)
    UDP-20040 through UDP-20199
    UDP-5062

You guys need to check on your port regarding to this matter. Make sure firewall , antivirus or router setting or whatever is blocking them is unblocking them.
  16. Hamdan

i also have the same problem
    been a month or two i been playing this, never heard anyone talking and my voic comms never worked even thou in settings they all is fyn but not workin
  17. Sam Fallen

So.. now I have this issue too. No salvation - ports are opened.
  18. volth

same for me
  19. DropVortex

I have the same problem. Just reinstated the game, deleted all the files and can't hear or chat with people. I already made a ticket to SOE too.
  20. DeusExForever

Having the same issue.

Deleted the previous files, checked, and downloaded them, again.

Tested the mic, it's fine.

But when looking ingame it shows no volume control by the name, as if all voice is squelched...but this is a new install.

Can hear, but can't transmit.

Spent the morning as the NC leader without voice, which wasn't a pleasant affair (we still won, but it's v-e-r-y inefficient not to call points/incomings to the squads).
    • Up x 2