[Suggestion] Visual cue for non rezzable targets

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Xanolith, May 24, 2013.

1. Xanolith

This drives me crazy all the time, and I see countless other medics falling for it as well. Many times I will risk life and limb to brazenly charge into a battle and rez someone, only to see nothing happen when the target cannot be resurrected. Often times I die with nothing at all to show for it. Another common occurrence is trying to resurrect the same guy multiple times if I'm moving around the battlefield a lot and just forget he was broken until the heal tool is out and failing. Can we please get some sort of a visual indicator, such as a different colored skull and crossbones, a disconnect symbol, or really anything that tells us not to waste our time attempting it? Thanks!
    • Up x 21
  2. Civenge

Yes. Great idea.
  3. urida

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!! absolutely! you my friend are a genius and a scholar! 5 points to Gryffindor!
  4. Valena

The worst part is when you and another medic race to revive a group of people, and he winds up with all the exp because the one you chose happened to be unrevivable.
  5. Xanolith

Yeah this frustrates me all the time as well!
  6. Retrieverr

+1 It's so annoying to try to revive the same broken guy multiple times or have them lying in the middle of the room, making it look like i'm not doing my job :(
  7. Souleater

I don't understand why bodies remain in place if they can't be resurrected. They should simply disappear.

Why do they stay? It is very frustrating.
    • Up x 1
  8. Xanolith

I have no idea and totally agree. However, whether they eliminate the bodies or change their representation, something needs to change.
    • Up x 1
  9. }{ellKnight

They should just remove the bodies if they can't be rezzed, it even has the slight benefit of improving performances a little. Also, add an indicator to the respawn screen indicating if you can be revived or not so you know when you should just spawn back.
    • Up x 4
  10. Souleater

Do bodies persist if the player refuses a Rez? If they do then the body should be removed so that nobody else wastes time on them.
  11. TsubasaKuroi

From what I've seen, they don't.

I can only assume that non rezzable targets are people who were waiting in the deploy screen for too long. Can't help but feel a bit sad every time I try to revive a MAX user but can't.
    • Up x 1
  12. Xanolith

I have personally declined a rez before because I needed to deploy at a different base. The same medic was then able to revive me again, and I got another prompt. Therefore, just declining shouldn't remove your body; that isn't necessarily what triggers this condition.
  13. QuantumQrack

Agree, this would be a good addition to planetside 2. I wonder if the devs will get to it any time soon? Laff.
  14. Tipper

I completely agree. This is SO frustrating. I think they should also change the colour or remove the skull altogether when someone is in the about-to-get-up position. I've chosen one skull over another only to find that they have already been razzed, but haven't gotten up yet.

Also, have they fixed rez stealing? I haven't noticed a problem with losing points, but I'm still able overwrite someone else's rez. Do we each get the points?
    • Up x 1
  15. HerpTheDerp

Or...

They could simply remove the bug that causes people to be unrezzable. I'm fairly sure it IS a bug because there's no "permadeath" mechanic in PS2 that I know of.
  16. 0ReferenceException

I don't agree with this. There can be situations where I'll want to reject a rez from one medic and wait for a different one (such as a squad or platoon mate). I hate being rezzed by newbs with Medic Tool 2 at 20% HP... just asking to be instagibbed 3 milliseconds after getting up. I'd rather reject and wait for my squad mate to rez me (especially if I died in a bad spot).

Sure, it's a total detail and only happens very rarely but I still think this change would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater as it were.

But of course I totally support the idea of an icon for non-rezzable corpses... can't stand those.
  17. haldolium

Why workaround?

Make them disappear rather... root solving > symptom fighting.

Especially given the way worse bug back in the game again: Dead bodies BLOCKING MOVEMENT. That is by far more horrible right now.
    • Up x 1
  18. Cemdan

This is by far one of the most annoying bugs out there. Devs should really fix this.
  19. Mostadio

If you sit around dead for too long (afk taking a dump, alt+tabbed watching ****, on the phone, so on and so forth) you cannot be rezzed. The ONLY reason I can think of being allowed to persist as a rotting body is if you're a squad leader and wanting to have doods squad deploy on you. But even then... even if you died next to some sunderer that really needs to be blown up RIGHT THE **** NOW, if you've been dead for however long it takes you to be unrezzable, you should get nothing You lose, sir.

The only thing you're doing is using up computer resources and wasting the time of people trying to do their jobs and work for their side. This benefits no one, not even the people you're trying to kill.
    • Up x 1
  20. WTSherman

How about rather than prompting you when the revive is attempted, they add a "Call Medic" button to the deploy screen that asks for a revive, and displays a symbol over you indicating you CAN be revived?

This way people would be able to opt-in before the medic gets there and recover immediately, as well as clearly communicating to the medic which players are waiting for a revive, and which ones are just waiting for the spawn timer. As a bonus, this should take care of the bug where the "accept revive" dialogue causes the deploy screen to get stuck, blinding you until you die again.
    • Up x 2