[Video] When will burster maxes learn? An airhammer montage.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RoofLurker, Mar 4, 2015.

1. TechMechMeds

I hate aircraft. Whenever i get the bright idea to get practice, i get shot down by the pro's.

This is why i only ever bother with a galaxy.

Dear pro esf pilots.

I hate you.

All my love

Salty tears.

GG's.
    • Up x 2
  2. Plastikfrosch

I am one of those maxes that would never use the anchor mechanisem but the sprint to be able to run after the first hit of the AH so i can survive (and i nearly play maxes only for AA or AV) but its so funny to see how worthless the bursters are even against 1 esf. Most of the time you can only force them to leave the place and they will alway use the aterburners to leave your effective range and go for repair.
    I mean, the max costs 450resources and the bursters should be albe to take down a 350resourcest ESF in a very short time while the ESF should have problems to take out the max but this game (and especially those AI ) were only created for farmers.
    If you want to take out even 1 single ESF you would need a wide open place where there is no place to hide for the esf (in 99% thats not the case) or you need more than 1 double burster max (so it costs so much more resources and manpower to take out 1 esf (if the pilot is not totally stupid) than it takes to kill a max with the AH).
    The PPA and the banshee are also a pain in the *** but a max has a better chance to survive or to deal enough damage to the ESF to force the pilot to leave the place.
    AI noseguns really need to leave this game and ESFs should not be albe to use a secondary weapon (lolpods or other rockets) AND the afterburner (even if its weaker while using a secondary).
    If you want to be a A2G farmer your life should be a lot more risky.
    OR the bursters and skyguards should get a real buff so that they could take out an ESF faster (in this case the ESFs should be stay the way they are to still have the chance to avoid getting fu**** up by using fast maneuvers -- but at the moment they dont have to do risky maneuvers because its enought to be fast enough because AA does not enough damage and it takes an eternity for A2G lock ons to really lock on).
  3. Liberty

I think I speak for everyone when I say we anxiously await your next video showing off how to 1 v 1 heavy assaults from a Lightning or how to 1 v 1 stalker cloak infiltrators in a MAX suit.
    • Up x 8
  4. TechMechMeds

Or how to 1v1 tank mines with a max level repair gun.

Should be pretty intense,
    • Up x 5
  5. Plastikfrosch

the suggestion alone makes me shiver.
    • Up x 1
  6. stalkish

Yes, was quite cringeworthy actually, and the adholescent remarks like 'think you can hide' made it even worse.
    Kill montages are boring as sin, kill montages with cocky captions are just sad, watched about 30 seconds and couldnt stand any more....
    • Up x 4
  7. RoofLurker

Thanks for all the feedback guys.
    I was expecting a few burns, but you seriously exceeded my expectations :D.
    Had a good chuckle reading some of them.

But, more importantly, you made me decide to experiment with some other ESF weapons rather than
    grind my AirHammer to auraxium on burster maxes, seeing how many of you agreed that it's a cheap/OP way to play.

I already have some ideas for another "When will burster maxes learn?" video.

Wouldn't Lightning vs AV max be more accurate? :D

I didn't include the caption "rekt", I promise.
  8. MarvinGardens

To awesomely skilled pilots,
    I respect and am in awe of your insane level of skill. I also hate you, so so much. Please feel free to fly into my Decimator for a quick respawn after you've expended all your ammo demolishing my team. :)
  9. \m/SLAYER\m/

but i see no real fight on the video, looks like empty server, no HA trying to shoot him with RL.
  10. Maulkin

Once I had the audacity to kill an NC player with my PPA and he sent cry/tells to me that the PPA is OP. Clearly he has no idea what the air(god)hammer can do. It sure as hell cannot take on burster-MAX'es like that and it is crap to dogfight with, unlike the airhammer.
  11. DQCraze

Looks like fun to me and the elevator music is epic, very relaxing 9/10.
  12. Izriul

Really? I can't tell whether the pilot is good or bad. All I see is "face somewhat in the general direction of said target, Hold RMB for easy to spot glowing targets and press LMB 3x"

Ironically, it has an insane range, the video pretty much proves that, even killing dudes who aren't even in the cross hair...again, just "face in general direction, shoot" which is quite often the way with NC weapons.
  13. QuakerOatsMan

The cocky tells were really unnecessary. When they're dead, they're dead. Promoting toxic environments is one of the bigger reasons why there is so much cross-faction trashtalking.
    • Up x 2
  14. RoofLurker

Personally, after being killed in this kind of a "duel" 5 times in a row,
    I'd rather hear some banter than be left frustrated by a faceless killer.
    And what would this game be without some cross-faction banter??
    Imo, a "toxic" tell would be something direct like "you blow at this game", "im a better player than you", or "TR players suck".
    Maybe the rage-quit achievement made it look a bit more severe, lol (pretty sure it wasn't a genuine "rage quit" though, as it was getting late).
  15. Trebb

Banter is well and good, but taunting someone after killing them 5+ times with an OP weapon (against what SHOULD be a deterrent to your ESF) is usually a way to scare players from the game.

I've gone on 50+ kill streaks while trying to auraxium the pre-nerf Banshee, not once did I sent taunt tells. I replied to some QQ tells, my favorite being a sniper camping our vehicle terminal. lol...

But yeah, like school on Saturdays, you have NO class, sorry.
  16. Covah

Fortunatley, they nerfed the banshee.

Lol what a joke.
  17. NinjaTurtle

The Bursters power is fine, ESF are made from something not much harder than puff pastry.

Now if the MAX is a) unable to see the ESF coming b) unable to hear the ESF or c) unable to aim then that is the faul of the skill suit user

This is a combined arms game, stop trying to remove a part of that with all these "nerf air" threads
    • Up x 1
  18. 70g50

They just have to make the bursters more powerful on close range (10m-20m?) so they kill as fast as the ah. Then it´s a fair fight and it´s a risk for the esf/lib etc. user to do something like this. It wouldn´t even hurt normal gameplay because normally esf´s don´t fly that low.
  19. AssaultPig

so, OP farmed a handful of infantry at low-population bases for an hour? Back in my day, people who made montage vids with windows moviemaker at least bothered to be doing something interesting

sending taunting messages to people you're farming is also pretty low rent
  20. Danath

Listen≠Hear. If the game doesn't play any sound for a moving vehicle at just 30m distance, is not the players fault. Happens.

Still bad players are bad (and small fight is tiny)