[Video] SVA-88

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Matti, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Matti

Hi all!

In this video I talk a bit about the pros and cons of switching from the default (Orion)
    LMG, to the SVA-88. For me it wasn't an obvious choice, the Orion VS54 is a great LMG
    but with the extra 25 bullets and HVA + Compensator, it leans towards the SVA-88.

I hope you like the video!
    • Up x 2
  2. SJAC

Well i must say your video convinced me to buy it and equip it. (It also been on sale)
    7-8 killsteraks become something common and easy for me when i were struggling to get 4-5s.
    It completely rocks on amp stations for urban assault with alot of cover, and it also much much better in cqc than ursa i have while is precise on medium ranges. those bullets and hva are absolute blast in zergy urban fights where enemies pouring from different sides. It is awesome conservative "sit in the cover" weapon.
    Thanks for the video. +1 more Cobalt Vanu HA will use this to hail death in urban areas on those red-panties and smurfs :p
    • Up x 1
  3. Borsty

Nice video :) And the SVA-88 definitely is a great gun. I like it very much myself.

I wonder though, did you record for 10h+ and only put the enemies in that can't aim, evade, go back to cover or have to fight in a 1 vs 10 situation? God, I would love to meet more people like those on the battlefields of Auraxis. So often you fight 1 on 3, and while one of them is dying the others just run past. Or one of them runs up the stairs, gets shot from you from his left. Next guy decides to ignore u showing up on the minimap, runs up the stairs looking right again. And then number 3 does the same? Where do you find those people?
    • Up x 1
  4. UnDeaD_CyBorG

There's so many people that Don't know how to zoom the map, or only look on it when there's no action anymore.
    As long as you keep shooting them, they have no need to worry. :p
    Resolution is a bit weird, it never really improves over 480p, though more is offered.
  5. Matti

The map zoom is something I've had some bug issues with and I cover that in
    my next video about bugs.

The thing about the resolution is that I have a 16:10 monitor but the video is in 16:9
    due to youtube standard.

If the quality doesn't improve above 480p, the problem is on your end. I can barely
    even read anything in chat or killfeed on 480p and I would never watch a video that
    didn't have higher quality. But that's just me.

Thanks for feedback!
  6. Saool

The SVA-88 is in my humble opinion the best all round Vanu LMG. People always ***** about the Orion, which is understandable given it is free, but the fittings available on the SVA make it out class the Orion. I use grip, compensator and SPA with mine.

Whilst I mostly just use the Betelgeuse now, I do like to have a run out with other LMGs now and again, like the Flare. After watching that, I think I might play with the SVA a bit today.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The SVA has access to SPA now? o_O
  8. NCstandsforNukaCola

Nope
    Only HVA
  9. Saool

No. It's been a while since I used it. Was thinking on the Flare.
  10. Bennybones

If I mained VS I'd run with the SVA-88 in 90% of all situations. It's an incredible gun. It feels accurate, the RoF is high enough to not leave you at a natural advantage in closer situations and the damage (with attachments and the accuracy) makes it excellent at mid ranges.
    • Up x 1
  11. Matti

Yes, it is a very versitile weapon that is easy to handle. I only think it lacks a little at range
    for my playstyle but many players might actually suffer more from it's lesser hipfire effectiveness
    compared to the Orion.
  12. Vostogon

To be fair. Hipfiring with an LMG isn't a great idea anyway.
    To be fair, hipfiring with an LMG isn't a great idea anyway.
  13. Halkesh

Polaris with adv. laser dot has a decent hipfire. I do this sometimes when I need to dodge and if the target is close.
    Sure it's better to hipfire with SMG, but sometimes, enemy don't let you the choice.
    • Up x 1
  14. xxxdevilsownxxx

When I grow up I wanna be just like you :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Matti

True, sometimes you just have to hipfire no matter what gun you use.