[Video] Soft Point Ammo vs High Velocity Ammo

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by freeze, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Kroktar

Thank you!
    • Up x 1
  2. Achmed20

big like!

but i still cant believe its 10m only. kinda makes no sense at all.
    +10m range for HV ammo? comon ...
    • Up x 1
  3. Mietz

The only reason id pick up HVA is to have slightly reduced lead when firing at ESFs, thats the only difference i felt.
  4. pdog109

Yes but with the dramatic increase of recoil you will be off target and lets face it if you burst fire at a ESF its poinless since they'll run away anyway its better to full auto on them if you can make some more bullets hit them.
  5. Krona

Brilliant post.

My number 1 reason for using HVA is just to counteract my suppressors.
    • Up x 1
  6. Littleman

Pretty much all it's good for.

The only attachments that won't screw with your gun are anything for under your barrel, and technically sights (which are an acquired taste.) The flash suppressor increases CoF bloom rates, but gets the muzzle flash out of one's view so one can maintain LoS on the target they're trying to kill. However, seeing as how the break between bursts should be long enough to reacquire the target, the actual usefulness of this attachment is debatable.

Mostly, SOE is definitely keeping with their "sidegrades" promise. Unfortunately, this dogma only concerns infantry...
    • Up x 1
  7. Atlien77

lol, I never thought of that
    thx for the advice :D
  8. illgot

nice vid thanks.
  9. freeze

Thanks for all the feedback guys, really appreciate it :)
  10. Duckforceone

awesome... thanks for explaining the numbers... really made me understand it better than just reading the info..
  11. Glowcat

While it sucks for NC, it's practically a straight upgrade for the Vanu whose recoil is practically nonexistent. Got HV on my Solstice SF and I barely have to compensate.
  12. JohnnyMaverik

Surely soft point should increase the close range damage and decrease the long range... well range. ATM it increases close range, range, and decreases long range damage... not how soft point ammo really works, and the other way around it becomes a little more appealing. Although having said that neither ammo types look like they're worth a damn.
  13. Atlien77

tbh, I'm kinda happy they at least stay true to it when it comes to infantry.

I don't want to see ammo hat increases my damage by like 20% and screws balance over even more
  14. FateJH

It's sour grapesas far as I am concerned as it means infantry is still stunted.

But the ammo seems mostly useless for that very reason - all it does is increase your distance until damage drop-off starts to take affect, at best - and the ranges provided either don't create a meaningful benefit or a controllable one. The NS-11 range of improved SPA damage would be consumed shooting across the length of the smallest shield generator shack in an Amp station, and then it gets worse; the range of improved HVA damage would be consumed in the length of two-three Sunders, and then it goes back to being normal.
  15. Atlien77

ya, I agree with you on that part.
    some vehicle certs are straight upgrades that definately WILL decide the outcome of a battle, but not so much for infantry.

I agree, but if they overdo it, we have the same situation as with vehicles.

if a new player joins the game and it takes him like 3 shots more to kill someone, then it just wont be any fun for him.
    I'd much rather they'd try smaller buffs, instead of giving out ridiculous advantages to to fully certed weapons.

the benefits to the ammo types might be small right now, but they definately have advantages and you can clearly feel them when using them

some more transparency from SoE might be nice, so we actually now by how much projectile speed is increased/decreased and so on
  16. Hetman

My conclusion, PS2 DEV-s don't respect theyr players.
  17. Atlien77

any word on the projectile speed increase/decrease?
  18. freeze

no, I will let you know once this data is released/extracted
  19. MisterBond

Whee

Hey SOE, how can I get my certs back for softpoint ammo?