[Video] Pounders +180 kills in one hour

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Matti, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Matti

Hi all!

Just got the dual pounders and I first used them trying to cap Xelas bio lab.
    I will try this in some other situations then bio farms and please
    let me know what you think about the balance of this weapon.

• Up x 2
  2. AccelPrime

They should be classified as AI/AV rather than just AV, as it would more correctly show their seemingly intended purpose. :rolleyes:
  3. MaxDamage

Except they're not reliable for AI. Like bursters they CAN kill if necessary but AI guns are vastly superior.
    The skill cap for successfully killing regular infantry in a busy fight is pretty high, and usually results in the death of the MAX pretty fast, necessitating a revive and repair in a turbulent environment.

Unless you are Mattiace and never leave the shield room.
    • Up x 3
  4. Purg

Seriously?! LOL. Let's review a weapon in an area where I can't be killed and complain that MAX is easy mode!
  5. Crayv

Due to the way the AI and the AV weapons work in this game, AV weapons are always going to be more general purpose.

In the case of MAXs the NC MAX this more true than the other MAXs.
  6. Chewy102

Still waiting for a NC MAX video. I know you say that you don't have a certed NC MAX yet and that it does take time to flush out a class plus the shotguns aren't your thing. But, I can't help but think one thing. If the NC MAX was as powerful as you keep claiming, then why is it taking so long to cert one up?

Iv seen you do good with TR MAXes, you've done good with VS MAXes. I haven't seen you do much of anything with NC MAXes yet you talk about them in every video on MAXes still.

Side question though. What software do you use to edit videos? Im really want to start getting into making some videos and have more or less everything I need to record with quality, but all I got to edit with is the **** Windows Movie Maker.
    • Up x 2
  7. PastalavistaBB

Waiting for a topic named "Pounders are OP/Imbalanced, Nerf Pleaz!". Oh wait, we already have tons of them...
    • Up x 1
  8. Frosty The Pyro

um, not realy except for vortex's NC have the worst AV to fight infantry with. though i guess you could argue ravens at longer ranges.

I tend to run commets and pounders in biolabs, as they are much better at fighting other maxes than the AI weapons. Only reacently got my ravens (only recently started playing again), but falcons are handedly the botom of the list for AV as AI these days (except for vortex). The primary reasons you will see NC AV max pulled for AI duty is that AV is the NCs only weapons with even a little bit of effective range. (I have admitidly not run mattoc slugs, as I am not fond of slugs without ADS, and maxes dont ADS)

As a note Matti, what you were doing there with pounders in the spawn room, I have done with an underslung grenade launcher as well (even after the nerfs). Not quite that quantity (due to much slower fire rate), but splashing folks to death around corners from the spawn, easy peasy, and you drink that resuply xp.
  9. Adeon

I think this will be changed like with comets. Otherwise it will be unfair.
  10. Adeon

• Up x 1
  11. Mxiter

Pounders are the only TR max weapons that is "stronger or/and easier to use" against infantries than NC/VS equivalents (comets/falcons).

Every other TR weapons are weaker than VS/NC AI equivalents in stock (Heavy cyler<scatter/quasar) big mags (mutilators<cosmos/grinders) accuracy (mercies<blueshifts/mattocks) High DPS(onslaught<nebula/hacksaw) type.

Against vehicles, pounders/falcons/comets differences are quite small.

But back to matti maxfarm video from generators room isn't that hard to do, whatever the weapon you're using.
    • Up x 3
  12. Choppy89

Everyone on nc who have used the pre Gu7 falcons where they operated like a grenade launcher/mortar and have taken the tr pounders for a trial will have a easy time using them and will run down memory lane. There is a skill set to using them but nothing a few hours can't change. I know they are the same weapon and until somone shows me pounder stats against pre gu7 falcon stats I will say that tr now have the only max weapon the nc had that was good at AI medium range. Pounders are exactly the same at pre GU7 falcons... Somone prove me wrong!
    • Up x 1
  13. LibertyRevolution

I stopped watching after 1 min.
    You should rename this video to "shielded spawn rooms are OP"....
    • Up x 2
  14. Frosty The Pyro

as someone who is just getting back into the game, sense when have mercies not been the best of the "high acuracy" weapons.
  15. morty420

Nerf NC maxes. they kill .0732 seconds faster at close range than other maxes.
    • Up x 1
  16. Matti

Just started playing with Blue shift, I see little to no difference but I only got them yesterday.
  17. Snipe-yo-face-yall

Pounders are not OP. Trust me they have a high skill cap and require a lot of finesse to use in real combat. Real=Not in shields No offense,,,
  18. oherror

OP could use any weapon and get the same kill streak from where he was. Pounders are not OP, spawn room shield is OP! Try using your pounders in an area where you can actually die.
  19. Mxiter

And have been nerfed since.

Actually blueshifts and nerfed mattocks have better results.

I know that some poeple likes having balanced weapons in the same departement (AI/AV/Tanks/Aircrafts ect), other ones prefer that every faction have those own specificity. (this one have better AI tanks, this one better rocket launchers ect).

Whatever the way SOE balance this game, it will disappoint one player category.

Let's remove all factions specific weapons and all plays with NS ones for balanced battles.

Oh no, camo and IG voices will be imba too.
    • Up x 1
  20. Jakko

Nice vid Matti, I think what you are actually showing here is the current meta game. Spawn max in the largest fight possible and farm infantry from spawn shields. Rake in an insane spm and kdr with extremely little effort. Hopefully this issue will be addressed in the upcoming resource revamp.