[Video] Planetside 2 Resource Revamp

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by blackkyguy123, Jul 14, 2014.

1. dedgaem

Certed timer wants a word or two with you.
    Also this is a plain nerf.
  2. Taemien

15-20 resources, 18-30 as a member, per minute would like to have a word with you too.
  3. dedgaem

I don't know where are you getting your numbers from and being honest i don't want to know it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A = aerospace resources; M = mecha resources; I = infantry resources; N = nanites.

Approach: Let's imagine you are in continent where your resource gathering is average and you have no bonus/membership.

Live Server:

A=90; M=90; I=90 - sigma of the total resources you are gaining each 4 mins = 270 (+experience bonus, +station bonus, which I won't take into account because I hate overkill)

Test Server:

N = 240/4min

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's relate the resource gaining to the actual acquisition power and compare it to each server. Let's take a sane example of 3 very commonly used vehicles.

Live server:

*MBT at 450M resources without bonus = I need 20 minutes being completely afk somewhere in the continent to pull it starting from zero resources.

*ESF at 250A resources without bonus = I need 12 minutes being completely afk somewhere in the continent to pull it starting from zero resources.

*Max at 350I resources without bonus = I need 16 minutes being completely afk somewhere in the continent to pull it starting from zero resources.

note1: since on live server there are different pulls, time overlaps, thus making me able to pull all these 3 vehicles within the maximum waiting time (MBT) = 20mins.

Test server:

*MBT at 540N without bonus = I need 9 minutes in order to pull a MBT.

*ESF at 420N without bonus = I need 7 minutes in order to pull a ESF.

*Max at 420N without bonus = I need 7 minutes in order to pull a Max.

note2: Time does not overlap due to the shared resource pool (nanites) => I need 12+8+8 = 28 minutes to be able to pull these three vehicles for the first time, 23 minutes if there wasn't a 4 minutes time limit. I will work with 23 minutes just because.

note3: the time needed in order to pull these vehicles on the live server increases in intervals of 20 minutes, implying the resource income doesn't change (ceteris paribus), meaning that in order to pull another 3 of the same vehicles will cost you another 20 minutes making it: 20m = 3, 40m = 6, 60m = 9, ..., 2h of gameplay = 18vehicles. But notice, that after 24 minutes you can pull a bonus ESF and after 32 minutes a "bonus" Max due to separated resource pulls. Let's add those bonus vehicles in a time period of 2h of gameplay: 18 + 4 bonus ESFs and + 1.5 bonus Max = 23,5 vehicles in 2 hours.

note4: pulling these 3 vehicles on the test server in a period of time of 2h gameplay will result in 15,652 vehicles.
  4. dedgaem

note5: there is no buff. The difference between live and test servers regarding combined arms players is a very noticeable one and becomes subtler the more of a dedicated player you are. But let's be honest, there is a meaningless percent of players who strictly use one vehicle and one vehicle only (and even in this case the so called buff would be miserable).

note6: As already mentioned, I didn't take into account additional resource gaining offered by the system on the live server, since it would just add insult to injury.

correction:

note1: "...since on the live server there are different pools..."

note3: "...due to separate resource pools."
  5. Inex

Tick rate on live is 5 min, making your actual comparison 270 on Live, and 300 on Test.

Your MBT/ESF/MAX times on Live would then become 25 min / 15 min (there are no partial ticks) / 20 min respectively.