[Video] Full-Auto Shotgun Review / Highlight

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Iridar51, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Iridar51

Just a quick overview. Probably won't be of any use to those who have at least some experience with shotguns.
    I created this video because I had some footage from directive grind and wanted to highlight full-auto shotguns at what they can and cannot do. Note that I don't approve or enjoy using a full-auto shotgun, unless it is against a Heavy Assault or a MAX.
    • Up x 6
  2. Corezer

I never used the full autos, the quick reloaders were more attractive to me when considering the low round counts and the hectic nature of close range combat. That being said that anti max capability is bar none in a last ditch effort or in a situation where u know the max got hit by a rocket or something, that just wasn't worth 700SC to me (and back in the day 1000 certs was hard to come by lol).

I didn't realize you had such a thick accent, you should make more commentary, It can be a little schtick or selling point for your channel.
  3. Iridar51

I actually think that full autos are better than any semi-auto including the Baron. The difference in effective range is not as big as in TTK and overall convenience of use. In the way shotguns are used, you don't have time to carefully aim for center mass and line up each shot, which is how semi-autos gain their advantage. You want to obliterate the enemy without any chance for him to fight back, not dance around lining up shots. Then you might as well use an SMG.
    Nah, I wouldn't ***** myself like some sort of clown or a walking national stereotype. I'm hoping I have enough personality other than "that Russian guy", though obviously accent is the first thing people notice.
  4. Corezer

Well nobody said you don't need personality too, a one trick pony doesn't get far, but if you have an extra little thing you can rock, rock it, anything less is just your pride talking. Chicks dig a guy with an accent, you wouldn't throw away a dime if you thought that's what initially attracted her to you, would you? What makes this any different?
    There are 2 things needed for a successful channel, consistent personality and a hook. Consistent personality means it doesn't really matter what your personality is like, there's someone for everyone, but if you pander to a different crowd every vid, then you wont get consistent views. The hook is that thing which makes them watch more than one video, so that they actually have a decent sample of what you offer in exchange for their time. If either of these are missing, your channel will either stay very small, or be just a flash in the pan.

I've always been good at aiming with semi autos, the battle rifles in this game are the only semis which suck bad enough for me to not use, in other games I'm all about battle rifle style weapons... although with all the buffs, and battle hardened, maybe I should give them another try... although as I said, it's more about the reload than the extended range on the quick reloaders.
  5. Iridar51

That would be a good advice if my goal was in creating a popular channel, like Wrel's, and right now that's not my goal. Youtube never was my focus. Creating videos is a fun distraction, but right now I'm not in such place where I would hope to actually live on youtube profits and donations, and without hard profit I don't see any reason to invest much time and effort in consistently producing content.
  6. Corezer

I get ya, all my vids are unlisted, I just make lil things for the forums either for fun or to describe problems/discrepancies with the game.
  7. Bankrotas

Reason 1 I like using auto shotty: I don't need to bother with over and under sampling.
  8. Inex

Not too bad for a fast overview of what it can do. It's not a Zoran level breakdown of everything about the weapon, but there aren't a lot of weapons to compare the auto-shotguns to anyway so getting caught up in the actual numbers isn't terribly useful.

And I certainly agree that shotguns are a hidden gem against MAXs. If you're the first one in you're probably still going to die, but the MAX is living on borrowed time if you managed to unload most of the magazine into them. Even though the math says you should be able to 1-clip a MAX if you get headshots, the pellet spread is so massive you can't reliably land them all even at 0m. The extended mag shotguns can do it if you can get the MAX to pay attention to something else for a couple of seconds.

"And as always, have nice day."
  9. cruczi

Love that accent, Iridar. Too sexy. :oops:

EDIT: Btw did you put any tags in the video? The suggestions at the end show mostly stuff that YouTube guesses I might be interested in, rather than stuff related to your video.

"And that... is what the **** I am talking about!"
  10. Blade Holdin

In other words, you were completely uninterested in his video
  11. Iridar51

:oops: I will remind you of that when you do your own NS-7 review :p
    I think I may have forgotten to put them initially, but then I added them after all.
  12. z1967

Probably the only reason I use my auto shotty is for MAX busting. 75% of their health is a pretty nice take and it goes great for finishers after the C4 didn't kill them. Other than that it is hugely ammo inefficient and I would often have to run ammo bandolier in order to keep in check with ammo.
  13. Verviedi

That gun seems quite good. I should buy it and use it against everything.
  14. DatVanuMan

That accursed accent...
    Give it to me now!
  15. Verviedi

Two posts in 10 minutes! This is the most active thread in the entire class forum!
  16. Iridar51

It's cheese good. You got in 2m - you win. You don't - you lose.

I've watched Ragnarok Online the anime twice because I liked the accent of one of the characters :p
  17. Turiel =RL=

The pre-nerf Piston was very nice. I got like 1500 kills in a rather short time with it. After the nerf I couldn't kill anyone with it, so I never used it again.

The funny thing is that I paid money for it. Stuff like that was the main reason for unsubscribing and not buying any station cash anymore.
  18. DatVanuMan

XD Where are you from? Somewhere in between Russia and Europe, I'm sure of that. Maybe Latvia? Belarus? Estonia? Yugoslavia?
  19. Iridar51

I'm from Russia :) It's not exactly hidden information, it's written in my forum profile.
  20. DatVanuMan

A Russian on Cobalt? STRANGE:p
    That's what I like about this game. I mean, SURE, other games have lots of people from different places, but for some reason, Planetside emphasizes on that. Greetings from the U.S of A!