Vehicle Hacking Confirmed

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by CuteBeaver, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Who Garou

Main Battle Tanks can take 450 nanites to pull

I still at a base level opposed to the vehicle hacking system even if it cost twice the nanite cost to pull the vehicle (which would disable hacking of most MBTs).

I've made my point already in multiple threads.
    I don't need to repeat myself any more on this issue and really, my view of this can't be changed.

I'm strongly against the Bounty system, but my views on that didn't make any difference either.
  2. Problem Officer

Completely overpowered. Stalkers (and oh boy Sensor Shield, not scrub cheese at all is it) creeping up to vehicles everywhere and instantly running over the drivers, Sunderers (which extremely few actually bother to defend instead of just saying they do) disappearing or suddenly swarmed with enemy spawns.

What this needs is application via a consumable item that costs nanites.
    Toss a hacking device just like C4, it sticks to the vehicle.
    Show some sparks coming from the vehicle itself and on the HUD, somewhat subtly.
    If the driver/passengers notice, they hop out, find and destroy the hacking device before it finishes.
    Around 10 seconds at all ranks is a good timer and an easy thing to tweak for balancing.
    Let the device be wiped by EMP and damaged by explosions, but after the vehicle is converted it's too late and the device pops.
    Ranking it up could let it withstand more damage.
    The only way to switch the same vehicle back is by applying a friendly hacking device.
    • Up x 3
  3. Moisted

How about hacking a deployed sunderer?

Unless it's a pretty big fight there will be alot of moments to hack it when nobody is around. It could kill the entire battle.
  4. LaughingDead

I LOVE sniping engineers when they pop out to repair, it makes their tank either one player down (in some cases leaves a lowly turret or a simple lighting with more hp less speed) now VEHICLE HACKING? You mean I'm being rewarded for tactically disabling a tank duo even further? Too good, will be OP. I NEED IT NOW!
  5. LaughingDead

Wait, yall are assuming sundis will be hackable? That doesn't make much sense game wise. Honestly I'd only expect tanks flashes, anything combat wise to be hackable.
  6. CaptCran

So sundies aren't "combat wise" with the two guns on top??? Do said guns shoot candy and pretty roses???;)
  7. StaHoo33

Sir u forgot baby dolphins as well...
  8. LaughingDead

I meant vehicles that had no utility in transportation or spawning. Sue me, it was like 4 am
  9. Targanwolf

I would like to see a marker device that would be hacked onto a vehicle. It would permanently mark the vehicles location for x number of minutes or until hacked off.
    Maybe that could be the early stages of the skill...until you could directly hack the vehicle and not just mark it.
  10. xxx-reaper

Hacking should disable a vehicle in my opinion, stop its motion stop its cannon. Maybe set it immediately on fire or something and allow it to be continuously hacked over and over if no one kills the infi. Also add a small amount of damage each hack to make it able to kills a tank within a minute or two.
  11. Eyeklops

I actually like this idea better than the PS1 style of vehicle hacking (which says a lot) as I feel it opens up more options. We could even have a few different types of hacking devices with different effects/drawbacks/cost. Examples*:
    • Disable weapons/movement (all vehicles) for XX number of seconds, hacks fast and audibly quiet (not silent). Low cost
    • Disable spawns (Sunderer) for XX number of seconds, hacks fast and loud. Medium cost
    • Eject all occupants, hacks low and audibly quiet. Low cost
    • Steal vehicle (All), hacks slow and loud. High cost
    Imagine the hilarity of tossing an eject box on a full Galaxy....only to watch it puke all it's occupants to their death shortly after take off.

I'd also be open to the idea of it functioning like a VERY short range (5~10m?) recon dart.

*Of course which ones are fast/slow/quiet/loud and what they cost is whatever the devs feel would be appropriate, these were again, just examples of what could be done.
    • Up x 2
  12. Who Garou

Vehicle Hacking isn't going to happen.
    It hasn't been confirmed.

Give it up.
  13. Rikkit

Sorry, you're wrong, Vehiclehacking is confirmed.
    We already have seen a techdemo, which was published along with the NS full auto pistol preview.
    They confirmed to start working on it somewhat after the work on construction bases is finished.
    • Up x 1
  14. Who Garou

Love the lie.

Maybe they have it on the Test server, but It's not going to go live.

it is a horrible idea that will drive people away from Planetside 2.
    Population numbers are bad enough as it is, why would the DEVs intentionally drive people away from the game?

It's an Infitrator's wet dream and does nothing but rain on EVERY OTHER PLAYERS gameplay.
  15. Rikkit

• Up x 1
  16. DirArtillerySupport

I certainly didn't come to PS2 because they left out beloved parts of PS1 on the cutting room floor to make a Battlefield clone. I came here to find the things they did bring back or always wanted to put in to PS1. To the ones that did return hacking vehicles is as natural as breathing or pulling a trigger. Anything can be balanced and more often than not it's a simple elegant solution the players didn't expect.
    • Up x 2
  17. Dualice

^ Agreed.

There's no use catastrophising over something that we haven't even seen a huge amount of details over yet.

I think it could add an interesting dimension to infiltrator gameplay.
  18. Pomelo

For everyone panicing, relax, vehicle hacking is sure to be limited to unoccupied vehicles and undeployed sundies. I see it as a logical addition to the game, and far from overpowered. If you ambush and kill the owner of a vehicle, and it is so quiet that you have time to hack it you deserve the reward. If you find a enemy vehicle just sitting there then lucky you. Making an alt to spawn (unupgraded/stock?) tanks and then hacking them for your faction sound both illegal and is a terribly ineffective use of time, just think about it...
    • Up x 1