Vehicle Hacking Potentially a Go ( In the future )

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by HadesR, Feb 1, 2016.

1. HadesR

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/43qehr/i_think_he_left_his_keys_in_it/

Dev Response From BBurness:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/43qehr/i_think_he_left_his_keys_in_it/czk6vaa
    • Up x 7
  2. Hegeteus

As NC, I beg of you VS to not leave Magriders hanging around :eek:
    • Up x 1
  3. Scr1nRusher

The Teamkilling will intensify.
    • Up x 5
  4. JohnGalt36

This looks like such a ******* headache.
  5. Scr1nRusher

Darklight headlights.
    • Up x 1
  6. Neo3602

Hope fully deployed sundies can't be hacked, are resistant to hacking, or the owner of the sundie gets a warning the their deployed sundie is getting hacked.

Aside from those concerns it looks interesting.
    • Up x 5
  7. Diilicious

but vanguards are so slow youd be able to hack them while moving at top speed :(

also, im not sure i like the hacking swapping the owning faction of the vehicle, it should just disable the vehicle completely for like 30 seconds, no shooting, no looking around, no moving, no shields/lockdown w/e.

hacking a sunderer when deployed should make your own units able to spawn at that AMS for a short time, say 20 seconds and also disable owning faction spawns for 30 seconds, not change the owner of the sunderer completely, that would be so much BS it pains me to think of it.
  8. Gundem

Magrider is the slowest land-vehicle in the game, not the Vanguard.
  9. Diilicious

10. Liewec123

all of the lame farming prowlers deployed up on cliffs are in for a surprise when they lose their tank XD
    as 99.9999% of tank drivers are engi, they will have absolutely no way of getting their tank back,
    all they can do is try to destroy their precious farminator, before you kill them with it. :p
  11. KaletheQuick

It would be cool if you could leave a proxy mine in the drivers seat.
  12. Pelojian

nah they'd just group together spitfires and make mincemeat out of a lone infiltrator. i forsee NAR+infiltrator setups for AI tanks if this goes live and especially if you can hack it while someone is inside the vehicle.

seriously ground vehicles do not need another nerf to satisfy the no-combat-vehicles babies who won't even try to learn how to tank instead of being a squishy infantryman all the time.

air are more of a pain then ground vehicles are so why all the ground vehicle hate?
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

you could always EMP the spitfires and hope the tanks don't notice :p
    in the most hilarious situation you could then hack the spitfires before you hack the tank,
    so when you kick them out and steal their farminator they get killed by their own spitfire XD
  14. Cyropaedia

Looking forward to adding Mosquitos and Reavers to Don Alfrago's Scythe Ball of Death...
  15. sebastian oscar post

16. Iridar51

Too much panic in this thread. I'm pretty sure that only unoccupied vehicles will be hackable.
    • Up x 1
  17. customer548

This sounds as a nice feature. It will obviously be for empty vehicules and not for deployed sunderers.
    I see the whine coming "Guys !!!! He robbed my shiny MBT !!! Nerf Infis ASAP !!!!"
  18. Diggsano

What would happen when you Fly/Drive the Vehicle in your Warpgate?

Would your Allies see you as a fiend or friend?

When Allies shoot at you, do they become Warnings?
  19. Demigan

As several others already mentioned, it should have some restrictions:
    • Only empty vehicles should be hackable (especially with the Infiltrator having access to this tool)
    • Deployed Sunderers are immune
    • The pain-job needs to be more excessive. The top turning red was a nice touch for a proof-of-concept but it wasn't enough of a color change, especially at range. Considering the paint jobs available that would make spotting friendly from foe vehicles almost impossible, maybe an automatic change of the paint job needs to happen to prevent confusion and getting shot by friendlies/not getting shot by enemies.
    • Rather than restricting the vehicle stealing to only the infiltrator, I would love other classes to have access to something like this as well, even if it is as a utility option.
    • The stat tracking for stolen vehicles needs to be smooth as well.
    • Up x 2
  20. Demigan

Absolutely nothing. You can currently drive/fly a vehicle into an enemy warpgate, exit and leave it behind and it will remain in place. Since you will be in your own warpgate nothing will happen.
    Well, one thing will happen: Don't leave it out in a warpgate, noobs and griefers will gladly steal/destroy it. The noob out of ignorance and the griefer because god knows what kind of messed up things they have to deal with and the only way to try and escape that is to grief other people.

The dorito (IFF tag: Identify Friend from Foe) above your head will remain the right color, and tanks on the map will also change to be the right color similar to NS vehicles always being the right color. So the only concern would be if the color change of your vehicle is significant enough and inattentive teammates that keep shooting.

yes they will get warnings, just like any other friendly fire accident.
    You can actually already see it in the video. The "observer" is a TR guy with his HUD turned off. After the Magrider is stolen by a TR infiltrator the Magrider shoots the VS infiltrator, but the explosion also hits the observer, and at the top right of the screen you see a message pop up that new players get when hit by friendly fire, telling them to avoid it.