Vanu LMGs (save certs?)

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by NoxiousCuz, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Erendil

Based on your playstyle you reallyreallyreally should get the foregrip for the LSW. It almost completely eliminates the LSW's pull to the right from recoil and gives it an even tighter shot group during ADS. And it has no downsides. Trust me, it makes an already-great weapon even better.
  2. Thades

I did a lot of research on weapons before certing into them, but boy - not enough. I went for the SVA-88, and practiced all of my LMGs to gold medals. Needless to say, it didn't take very long before I found my preference between the two to fall on the Pulsar LSW. The cone is noticably tighter in ADS, and the recoil is much easier to control. Orion is still technically better when you need to go to work on a control point, but outside of very close quarters I'd go with the LSW - if nothing else, for its access to the 2x scope.
  3. Glythe

Can anyone here give a good comparison of the Ursa and Flare?

I have the flare and love it; when I need something closer range I use the Orion and it works just fine. The Flare has some of the best stats in the game for crouching ADS unless I am mistaken.

So what is the big draw of the Ursa?
  4. Obscura

Honestly, stick with the orion. I have the flare, orion, sva-88, ursa, and the LSW. The flare seems to be lacking in comparison to the ursa, and just doesn't have the fast time to kill like the SVA-88 and Orion.

I have:
    2000 kills with sva-88
    around 800 with the orion
  5. UnDeaD_CyBorG

To me, the Ursa really looks somewhat like the SVA 88 (minus the fast ADS speed), but with more damage and less firerate.
    It actually has a bit less dps than even the flare, but not by much.
    It's recoil is actually average, but balanced by the slow firerate, and it's very accurate for an LMG; it has a smaller crouch ADS COF than most scout- and Assault Rifles.
    It does not, however, have the advantage of the VX and Pulsar, namely the horizontal recoil being only to the right, so you can't compensate for that.
  6. RickyShay

I've tried the Ursa, Orion, VX Polaris, LSW and the Flare.
    I found the Orions damage/round to be a bit low, it felt like opponents were shrugging it off as they bolted a few 50 cals into my chest, especially NC and particularly in close quarters.

The VX I went for after comparing stats on a few LMG's and although it felt ok in the trial I just didn't seem to be able to nail targets as well as I hoped after upgrading a bit.

The Ursa was a lot better, very accurate, but it just wasn't working for me when things got closer, possibly the firerate?

I gave the LSW a go after seeing a video review of it where full auto/very long bursts were used at a decent range to take people down and it is very accurate and easy to control recoil on, but you do need to be good at doing that to use it effectively. Plus side it seemed to be very good at longer ranges.

The Flare I've just tried out and upgraded a little and it's working for me a hell of a lot better, the higher damage/round I find is really noticable... it's not really particularly good at long range, even burst firing, but medium/short ranges it feels far better for me which is where I mainly play HA.

Basically what I've found is, after looking at stats, trying something that *should* be more suited to my playstyle, and following others recommendations, it really is best just to run through the trials and see what you like. It is hard to compare since you can't just switch back and forth a lot, and if your side is dominating for one trial and not the next that can sway a decision for the wrong reasons, but it really is the only way to get a feel for what works.
  7. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, it's not that easy, as you can't trial the attachments.
    I fit ALL my guns with NV, and if I can also a Grip.
    Not having those kinda makes every gun suck, as I'm just not used to Ironsights.
  8. SpaceWindu

i got the pulsar and sva and find myself going back to the orion more often than not. i prefer cqc though, but even at < 100M i find the higher ttk is really invaluable for making a quick kill and getting behind cover to switch up your attack angle.

the pulsar and the sva are both nice, the sva esp because of the ADS move speed for close quarters but the pulsar has an awkward jerk to the right sometimes and the sva has pretty rattly recoil.

idk, personally i find the orion's recoil way more manageable than either gun but i think its personal preference
  9. Cigarenvy

Effective at all ranges you should be fighting in.

Polaris
    - ADV-Laser Sight
    - Compensator
    - 1x Reflex Sight
    - Soft Point ammo

100 rounds in the mag, recoil is like burping a baby, hits like a truck, and capable to maintaining speed and accuracy during hip fire. Its a beast.