[Suggestion] [Vanu] Engineer best weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by KingBumi, Aug 8, 2013.

1. KingBumi

I am trying to find the best weapon for my engineer and at the same time to use that weapon on other classes, so I won't need to waste so much CP for weapons.
    So I think that I can get a carbine for my engineer/LA. but I don't know which one to take..
    Alot of ppl saying that the VX6-7 is the best, however it cost a lot and the Solstice SF can use an grenade launcher..
    If you have suggestions for other weapons, I will love to hear about them!
    (about the other classes weapons I'll open another thread later)
  2. PhoenixDown

All carbines with grenade launchers have worse stats than similar carbines without. If you want the flexibility of using underbarrel attachments (grenade, smoke, etc), then get the SF. Otherwise, you're better off with the normal Solstice. VX6-7 is great and really shines at short to mid range combat. I use advanced laser for my light assault and forward grip with my engineer.

Have you thought about Serpent instead of VX6-7? I believe it's only 250 certs.
    • Up x 1
  3. vanu123

Serpent, VX6-7, are both good, I use the SF because I had it for LA.
  4. Ganjis

My favourite is Pulsar C with 2X (sometimes 4X) scope, HVA, compensator and advanced foregrip. It is my only Auraxium medal. I have stopped using it (well, nearly) on my engineer (most played class) just to get some kills with other weapons. I still use it on LA a lot though as I like to take the high ground and kill enemies at my leisure when I can.

It is lousy for hip firing and it has below-average DPS. However, it has high damage per bullet, nice recoil, high bullet velocity, great accuracy and no bullet drop (of course). Point at something and the bullets go there. With practice, you can get good short-range DPS by ADSing for head shots which can let you beat enemies with higher DPS weapons if they are spraying and praying.
  5. Bolt Hardcheese

My Vanu Engineer was my first character so I also had to also spend my cert points wisely. I went with the Serpent (250 certs) for close range and the Pulsar C (also 250 certs) for long range. 500 certs total, and it gives you more flexibility than the 700 cert points the VX6-7 costs by itself.
  6. Sneakier

Solstice SF is the best for the engineer, not only cuz of infinite grenades but due to the nade launcher being a One Shot Kill

When you master it, nothing can beat you

I even love the Solstice SF for my LA since it has perfect aim with the nade launcher while jet packing

Of course, dont get into a fire fight with the Solstice SF, its either flank or nade
  7. Shiaari

I like my Solstice SF, and frankly don't think it performs poorly either. I use it on my Engineer and my Light Assault. It is a most flexible weapon and can be adapted to any situation, and the damage it inflicts is not that bad.
  8. ElSuerte Diego

I like the solstice sf too. I've been getting a lot of kills from the grenade launcher lately.

I'm thinking about looking into a longer range weapon when I have more certs.
  9. Dr.Insomnia

IMHO it's all situational.
    Serpent is good for tight quarters and as a driver PDW.
    Pulsar C however is pretty awesome for the times when you act as second line support (supplying repairs, ammo and the occasional anti-vehicle support).
  10. lilleAllan

I'm looking at Pulsar C for my Vanu alt.
    A lot of weapons will jump all over the place if you put a 3.4x/4x scope on them, but a kitted out Pulsar C has basically no recoil and seems to keep nicely on target even on long ranges.
  11. blessedpatrick

Maybe try out the NS 11C it's a pretty decent weapon and doubles as a good light assault gun, throw High Velocity ammo on that and you are golden.
  12. DocteurVK

I'm currently using the SF with IR/NV and Smoke launcher for both my LA and engineer. I also use the serpent, but I'm not very good with it.

The SF is clearly a good gun, not changing that much from the default solstice and able to easily kill at mid range.

Having Smoke launcher also allows me to create cover for my teammates when ambushed by an armor column, or when going in the open field, allowing a better survivability.
  13. Erendil

This is actually really good advice. The Serpent and VX6-7 are roughly equivalent in terms of playstyle and effectiveness. Both are devastating in CQC. And the Pulsar C is arguably the most accurate carbine in the game so it's a fantastic for long range. If cost is an issue you'd be hard-pressed to find a better combo for 500 certs.
  14. cKerensky

15. Hogofogo

I have 2 favorite weapons for engineer which is my favourite class.
    1. Serpent (soft point ammo, reflex sight, forward grip) - best DPS, you never lose 1 on 1 fight on like 10 - 40m distance. Disadvantage (I can live with that) is long reload time and it's hard to kill more enemies on one clip as it throws all bullets so fast.
    2. Solstice SF - I'm using this only because of grenade launcher. Good for defense, bad for attack. Excelent for tower/Biolab defense or when killing camped enemies. Otherwise this is crappiest carbine ever, when I have it and I must shoot I use rather secondary weapon instead.
    • Up x 1
  16. DocteurVK

17. Mongychops

Unfortunately buying attachments costs more than the weapon itself. Advanced laser, Scope and SPA costs 330 certs. Advanced foregrip, compensator, HVA, and scope costs 430 certs.
  18. Sagabyte

What range are you playing at OP? Are you gonna be a cqc beast or a long-range monster?
  19. Cemdan

Serpent is basically more suicidal version of VX6-7 with its faster rate of fire, worse capability at medium ranges, and noticeably slower reload. I think this is a thing to keep in mind if you really want to replace stock Solstice V3 and you want to save certs. I've been using the stock Solstice V3 for close and mediumish range when I'm running with anti-personnel mines and turret and Eidolon battle rifle for longer ranges when I have anti-vehicle mines and turret. I prefer Eidolon (250 certs as well) to Pulsar C at longer ranges for some reason, at closer ranges they're pretty much equally bad. Eidolon is great to have especially when you're driving vehicles or manning portable turrets at long ranges. You can take out enemies from a safe distance away with it while doing repairs. It's also fairly easy to kill snipers with it as they rarely anticipate non-snipers to actually retaliate hard.
  20. MrGhosty

I'm much like everyone else here, I run either Solstice SF or the Serpent. SF for second line defense and bio lab flush with grenade launcher. The GL is especially useful when in a firing line but you die fast if you try to engage 1 v 1. The solstice is better suited for longer ranges and taking enemy shields down as you support. The serpent is wicked with advanced laser sight on it and when you absolutely have to engage you can even take people on at longer ranges though it is more for making them duck so you can clear out. If you're running behind a max you should go with the serpent as you'll be targeted often rather than the max, if using a GL be sure to keep plenty of clearance as it is very easy to peg teammates and pubs in the back of the head if they step in front of you at the wrong time, even if it looks like it should clear.