[Suggestion] [Vanu] Engineer best weapon

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by KingBumi, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Malebranche

I pretty much roll with the Pandora auto shotty (with extended mags, NV scope) nowadays- I got killed a few times using the Pulsar C when I ran into HAs pointblank during assaults so Im not going by that route anymore- Pulsar C is nice but not enough damage at close range. If they are too far away I just back off or pull out an AV turret.
  2. cKerensky

The player makes the gun, not the other way around.
    Give me any carbine, It really doesn't matter to me, as long as it makes the bad people disappear. 1.5second ttk? 2 second ttk? Doesn't matter if they can't return fire fast enough.
  3. Targanwolf

Where can I find the Solstice SF ? I don't see it for sale .
  4. deggy

I'm fond of the Pulsar C for ranged work. Stick a 2x scope, adv. foregrip, and compensator on it and you've got yourself a nice little midrange gun.
  5. Frenk

There is not.. VX67 is incredible, but only from very close or medium ranges (and on medium ranges is already hard to master its recoil), Solstice is good in everything but it doesn't excel in anything. pulsar C is the lowest DPS carbine, but it perfoms awesomely good from medium to long range.
  6. SirIBON

Try it with a Handgrip. It feels fine for me. I bought it last Week.
  7. MavCooL

Pulsar C is the choice if u just want a good weapon for long range
    But if u want versatility then solstice SF is a bit good for long range and UBGL is just awesome
  8. COR_

People will tell you the solstice SF has worse stats than the default, don't listen to them they forgot to factor in the increased damage from HV ammo, which makes up that lower fire rate with extra damage at anything 15m+
    It is an excellent mid and long range choice for the engineer.
    The extra benefit of having infinite smoke, OHK close range shotgun, infinite mortar is just gravy
  9. Leesin

I use the Pulsar C with grip, compensator and 2x sight and I win a majority of my 1v1 encounters even at close range, but IMO that is just down to me reacting quicker, aiming better and playing smarter than my enemies. I'd say go for the gun you feel you will enjoy more, I went for the Pulsar C as it has the most punch and is useful even at longer ranges.
  10. DocteurVK

Actually, normal solstice with Reflex 1 and laser dot is a pretty nice starter weapon (average rof and hip fire accuracy) especially if you're a pilot if you need to defend yourself.
  11. Scientiarum

The
    The Serpent is better than the VX6-7 by stats in pretty much every category except minor differences in reload times and hipfire, although like the VX6-7 it can still equip advanced laser sights. The strength of both weapons can also be their weakness though as the ridiculous fire rate means ammo can be eaten up fast and if your aim isn't great you can waste ammo very quickly and wind up having to reload before downing your target. In this respect the slightly lower firing rate of the VX6-7 might be better, still the serpent is viable at range and if you can train yourself to be accurate it is unmatched in ttk. On top of that it is a cheap 250 certs. Unless you love to hipfire and are willing to make a few sacrifices to get the absolute best hip firing carbine there is no reason not to go with the serpent in the long run.
  12. teks

Actually the serpent was buffed and this isnt true anymore. Both are great close range guns but with different playstyes. The reload speed of the serp was buffed moderatrly.

The serpent is better aimed down sights.
    It has a faster ROF and far less first shot recoil. Its very easy to keep the gun on a target and the TTK is better then the vx. I like it with a supp. Front grip and soft point.

The vx6 is better for hipfire.
    It has a bonus to hipfire accuracy and is almost pin perfect with laser sights. It handily beats SMGs in close quarter hipfire and has a longer max damage range. However it has a nasty recoil and a hefty first shot recoil which makes it painful to use down sights. I like it with supp. Adv. Laser and softpoint.

So pick either based on your playstyle. I personally find myself switching between them often. The vx6 is at a minor disadvantage in general though but i like beating shotgunners close up with a hipfire carbine.

However i would suggest the long-range carbine(forgot its name) and the solstace sf. The sol's launcher is very powerful and is great coupled with a max on point.

I domt see any reason to get the ns carbine. I never tried it so maybe people know something i dont. Its stats are pretty poor. If you need 5 more rounds use a pistol