Urgent and time sensitive Alpha Squad request.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Havoc11, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Kon

it would just be easier to make the alpha squad boost a passive boost just like subscription , that way i can have the benefits of being alpha squad while getting the benefits of boosts, pay for AS to get a boost, cant get a boost if you want to spend money to get boosts, absolutely ********
  2. Noollab

No, according the XP weekend, Premium Membership and Boosts are supposed to stack, and they do.
    But according to SOME Customer Service responses to tickets, Alpha Squad bonuses should work in the background, while other boosts are in effect, which is not the case.

I imagine this is what they're working on, but they can't make that change overnight. It's something that requires a bit of tinkering with game code, and testing too.

What I ultimately suggest, as that's what I've done myself, is that people who want to make use of a 50% boost over the weekend does so.
    Then submit a support ticket, explaining the situation as well as referencing this particular thread, and hope they'll return your Alpha Squad boost to use once your 50% is expired.
    • Up x 1
  3. Gary

Do as TSR AlexS says everything will be sorted out for you. Note that you only need to contact them if you have your boost equipped. If you have not equipped it then you are fine to purchase another boost since the alpha squad boost will only be over written if it is equipped. Hope i made that clear ;)
  4. Opapanax

Decided to go this route myself. If you really want to take advantage it might be best to go ahead. But only if you can take NOT getting it the Alpha Squad Booster back IF it comes down to that. This is one of those EVE chin check moments here..

Don't fly what you can't afford to lose..

There will be other XP weekends for sure. So if you'd rather sit back to get an answer first and then just plan on catching the next one that's cool too..

But if you OVERWRITE realize you might not get that Alpha Squad Booster back..
  5. Gary

"TSR AlexS
    This is what I suggest you do. I'd recommend submitting a ticket to the gm's to see if they can find an alternative solution. PM Sean or myself, we will help you"

There you have it an official response on the matter. Perhaps if you do what it says you may be surprised! If you do anything other then what it says you could potentially risk losing the alpha squad boost? For the sake of a short wait time it seems worthwhile to contact the staff.
  6. Freyar

I shouldn't have to be guessing as to my items in this game. AS sales should have been up front about the 10% boosters being active and locking the slot for six months before purchasing.
  7. McFatal

I still just want my Alpha Squad boost back.
  8. Goodkat

SOE you guys need to fix this. We are not going away.
  9. Spectre63

Definitely confusing as my phone conversation with a rep this morning indicated that Alpha Squad and the 7-day 50% would stack, only to discover that it overwrote the Alpha Squad when I activated it. Guess I'll open a ticket after the 7-day is up if it's not resolved.
  10. Jac70

I slotted in a 1 hour 50% boost that I had waiting this morning. I'm gonna get a 7 day 50% boost for the next time I play - hopefully the Alpha Squad can be made a passive in the future but in all honesty I'm not that concerned if it's lost now, it's only 10% afterall and I want to get the stuff I want upgraded done this week
  11. Kozmyk

SOE should not have put us Alphas in this position.
    My trust in SOE is dropping as is my enthusiasm to put more money into this game unless they do right by us.
    I wait to be pleasantly surprised ...
    Go on SOE you can do it.

The very fact that TSR AlexS has been the only respondent shows that even from inside SOE the message has not yet got through or up.
    That they advise that we should raise individual tickets suggests that the decision makers are looking the other way on this one. :(
    • Up x 2
  12. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Trust me, it's been brought up to the appropriate department. I assure you of this. In the meantime, my goal is to help you guys find an alternative solution to this and allow you to take advantage of the double xp weekend.
    Thank you Gary, Freyar, and Kozmyk for your assistance!
  13. Freyar

I'm at this point holding off on replacing the AS booster. Even if it is only 10%, I'd still rather avoid losing A good 80% of it anyway. We'll see what happens. After finally having gotten some decent sleep for once, I'm in a fairly better mood about it all around.
  14. Kozmyk

Fair enough Alex, let us all hope that fairness prevails.
    In the meantime I'll get a 50% Boost to cover this weekend of bonuses.
    I don't want to miss out while waiting for an answer from "on high".
    I'll worry about the difference when it expires.
    Thanks for doing what you can.
  15. Fuse

So was the information posted on Reddit inaccurate? The CSR supposedly quoted made it sound like you guys were just rolling out batches of Alpha Squad boosts to replace lost ones until the issue was resolved, so I went ahead and over-wrote with a 7-day boost so I didn't miss out on the double exp weekend. Do I need to submit a ticket to get my Alpha Squad boost back or was that post I linked accurate and I should just wait 4 days or so?

Thanks for your replies, it's nice to know we're not being ignored. :)
  16. Fallenafar-US-

Ticket submitted, maybe I will get a reply... I can only live in hope.
  17. Niric

I asked the same thing in a reply to his original post a page or so ago yesterday, he didn't respond. I guess we'll just have to take the time to make tickets if we want to find out.

I've done lots of customer service work, so I don't blame the TSRs in the slightest-- but man, this situation far beyond annoying to me now. Its so apparent that the $40 Alpha Squad deal was such a quick cash grab/after thought.

It also doesn't help that earlier I made a mistake of buying a weapon with certs instead of my current station cash and they said they were unable to refund me my certs so I could buy it instead. Totally my fault, I know, but it was an honest mistake. In the end, what that mistake really showed me is how un-customer friendly their marketplace system has been designed. I'm also a Planetside 1 player that didn't receive the in game Vet badge and title, so I had to make a ticket for that too. Then I find out that tons of people that didn't even play Planetside 1 have the same badge and title for a totally unknown reason. Between this Alpha Squad Boost issue, PS1 Vet Reward and that accidental cert purchase, I'm not feeling real great as a customer. I wasn't expecting my enjoyment of this game to be soured at all by such complications. It's a real shame that I'm feeling that way about all this now.

-Niric
  18. Havoc11

Thank you to replying to the thread, but i didn't purchase a boost for this week (and in turn weekend) out of fear I would never get my alpha squad boost back.
  19. Cidroyz

They left us in vain.... :(
  20. Freyar

I got a favorable response to my ticket.