update on fps Stuttering issue ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by forkyar, Feb 4, 2013.

1. forkyar

haven't heard anything other then they are looking into it.#1 priority should be fps issue.
  2. Jests

Welcome to SOE.

The bright side is, apparently there have been some people being able to "fix" their problem by disabling the HUD. Problem is, when you turn the HUD back on the bug rears it's ugly head again.
  3. forkyar

4. Talizzar

It is really bad when you get around about 50 people. Sad panda
  5. forkyar

I agree
  6. JokeForgrim

102 views. 3 comments.

Seems like only A FEW people are having this issue :p

Tried playing again yesterday. Not happening. Please either roll back or fix it. I would rather be able to play than have tunnels and a new HUD.
  7. Morsong

Actually I have seen an update. I was playing 2 hrs ago and Higby made server-wide announcements that they understand there's an FPS problem and they're looking into it now. Hopefully they do indeed fix it soon.
  8. SerialNumber1221

When the big patch came out, I had no fps issues....

Hot fix 1 - some minor fps issues time to time in big fights

Hot fix - major fps issues, sometimes even in unpopulated areas.....

Needs work.
  9. Big Cyz

I fixed it by disabling physx particle effects
  10. Lord Robert

The big problem is that the last thing this game needs now is to be even less optimized, and even more restricted to a few systems that can actually play. The performance issues are really alienating a great deal of people as it is.
    Then they are apparently pulled in on Superbowl Sunday to work, and Monday night there is still no comment on if they are making any progress at all...
    In fact, last Higby tweet I saw says they still haven't found what's causing the issue.

Not good. Not good at all.
    • Up x 1
  11. ScrumpyJack

I have tried to play a couple of times, and enjoyed myself for 15 minutes. Then the stuttering starts. I actually managed to land my reaver in a tree the last time it happened, but I was probably getting .5 fps at the time.
  12. colalin

Same here. Before the patch, I experienced a steady 30-40 FPS, but after the patch, I'm hitting 1 FPS a lot on the same graphical settings near the same areas. FYI my drivers are updated to catalyst 13.1.
  13. aperson

This patch seemed to increase my frames in low activity areas such as the warpgate, but decrease them near large bases during big battles. I have i5 3570K @3.40 ghz, GTX 660ti and 16gb ram. My friend plays on an i3 laptop and his frames increased. Seems to help lower end rigs and hurt higher end ones.
  14. Zizzo

I have been playing since beta and my frame rate has never been this bad. Needs to be fixed ASAP. Basically unplayable right now for me.
  15. Cl1mh4224rd

I love how someone people seem to think that if the devs aren't updating us every hour, they're just not doing anything.

Come on, people...
  16. t31os

This system is on the low end, and i've gone from stable FPS in all but the largest fights to FPS drops in every situation where i'm not standing still looking at a wall or similar.

It may have helped with some people on the lower end, but certainly not for me.

As far as i've observed(from reading the forum), the issue is having an impact on numerous systems, some on the lower end and others on the high end, it certainly doesn't seem to be specific to particular kinds of systems, not that i've observed anyway.