Upcoming Assault Rifle Models: By Vanu Labs

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Elkybam, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Skooma Lord

I wish they would update the carbine models first. Carbines are supposed to be compact versions of rifles yet for the N.C. they don't look like that. I think the A.R.'s look alright right now.
  2. Pikachu

Since this thread gets the most attention Ill post here instead of my thread, leave that one.

Im surprised no one compares the tr ar to blackjack. That was the first thing that came to my mind. Anyway I think there us enough blackjack design among tr weapons. Amc, bull, rhino and blackjack. I like the look of those but theres enough of it. Gotta be something different.

NC rifle looks rather good except for tthe gimmicky broken stock. Not as bad as many venu stocks but bad enough. Grip might be smg style but Im fine with it.

The venu ar I dont care about.

I really wonder what variation they could squeeze out of give to these things unless they are going to start introducing special ammo like fire bullets or piercing bullets. Maybe the nc ar will be a 200 damage burst rifle, long range hopfully like what I hear about tr sabr.
  3. dreamcast87

A re-skin of most weapons should be done to give them their own unique look. At least that's what i'd like to see.
    • Up x 2
  4. asdfPanda

Agreed. I like the design of the Cougar and Barrage much more.
  5. Pikachu

Barrage and haymaker look like trac5&co dont they? :p
  6. asdfPanda

At least the TRAC looks somewhat reasonable :O
  7. Elkybam

...Now I probably should have looked that one again. It just seems that other PS2 carbine weaponry do not have those stock features. Thanks for pointing out my useless comment (no sarcasm intended).
  8. Elkybam

And then an hour after this thread was created, I viewed your thread. Looks like one more sorry mistake for me. :/
  9. Latrodectus

Or the T32 Bull. The art team's laziness is really becoming a growing concern for me.
  10. Takoita

NC one looks very nice, IMHO. The Vanu one looks cool but seems to have most - if not all - its differences outside of what you'll be seeing when you hold it in your hands. I don't like the TR one.

I do hope these are new skins and not new rifles alltogether; I don't know where you'd tuck in a new AR in the lineup we already have. TAR should get the boot, if anything, function-wise.
  11. Republisher

Recycled models are ok, they do keep the feel of each faction... and we all saw what happened last time SOE got "creative"... the TRAP.
  12. SpartanPsycho

Maybe SOE isn't as much money because of nerfs and they cut back on the art team?
  13. CrimsonDaemon

I'm rather disappointed in the TR one. I was hoping we might get something with more wooden furniture on it, to give it an older look. I rather like the NC design, though that stock looks out of place.
  14. RIctavius

Its more economical to go for a plastic/metal finish - since you have to worry about the strain and pressure a wooden stock would have to take in combat. (R.L is a *****)
  15. Ribero

NC one is nice indeed.

As for what role a new NC AR could fill, get the feeling it'll be a 550/167, with a quick reload and all the usual "long range" attachments. Basically an AR version of the Razor. Not really a role which needs filling, but can see them going there.
  16. KnightCole

They all look like carbine copies of the carbine...:D
    • Up x 1
  17. Pikachu

I feel no difference between razor and merc. Performs the same, looks the same, same awful firing sound. AC and GD on the other hand were nice.
  18. Pikachu

Wood?! How dare you suggest such a thing in a world where dont even use concrete anymore. Every building is made of nothing but steel.
  19. phreec

I wonder what role the NC rifle will try to fit in as we already have a really good selection of ARs for all situations.
    • Up x 1
  20. Pikachu

200 damage burst.