Upcoming Assault Rifle Models: By Vanu Labs

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Elkybam, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Elkybam

Credits for this video goes to Vanu Labs on YouTube

What are your thoughts on the appearance of the assault rifles?

These are only previews given by Vanu Labs.

Edit: User Pikachu had begun a discussion of this thread before I did. I would like to apologize to that person for my careless error.
    • Up x 4
  2. Llaf

:eek:

Saw the tidbits of info indicating these existed in recent PTS patch data. Nice to see the actual models. These look GREAT!
  3. Admiralty

Really ? The TR one looks like a carbon copy of the T5 AMC.
    • Up x 17
  4. NoctD

Are they still going forward with the ARs? The medic update got archived on the roadmap.
  5. Llaf

It does, I like the TR one the least but I have no issue with it. The other two look really great though. Especially love the NC model.
    • Up x 2
  6. Elkybam

What are the traits of these ARs going to be? We already own a close range high RPM rifle, long range accuracy rifle, and a standard all-around weapon.
  7. JP_Russell

Speaking from the NC side of things, I don't even know what we really need in a new AR. I feel like we've kind of got our bases covered pretty well - no clear gaps to fill like we had in our carbine lineup.

Cool model, though.
  8. Revanmug

NC wise, it's nice that our newer AR has a longer length, fiting for a AR, rather than using Carbine model and calling them AR because they have a stock.
  9. Ghosty11

Apparently the new carbines are selling well...

$$ Cha-ching!
    • Up x 1
  10. Ronin Oni

SHOTGUN AR'S!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. Elkybam

lol carbines aren't supposed to have stocks, yet the Cougar, Zenith, and Bandit have those. The old models are boring and recycled way too much.

Example appearance above (TR):

Barrel: T5 AMC / T32 Bull

Stock: SMG-46 Armistice

Rear: TRAC-5 / LC2 Lynx
    • Up x 2
  12. Snicklefritzll

I like them, but IMO, I wish they would go in a more radical direction with the models. These still look a lot like the other guns in the game, and while that's not a major issue, I refuse to spend money on carbon copy guns.

If SOE wants to make more money off me, then they gotta start making new models. I refused to spend money on the Zenith--it just wasn't different.
  13. StellarHAZE

80% of the TR weapons looks the same :mad:
    It's getting so boring this way.
    • Up x 8
  14. gigastar

Well of course they would release more guns. Why should they let another update delay stop them?
    • Up x 3
  15. Tito

16. Bankrotas

I hope you're joking or speaking of ignorance...
    • Up x 3
  17. Pikachu

I made a thread about this in the medic section like 8 hours ago. -.-
    • Up x 1
  18. z1967

I have no idea what they would do with these rifles. ARs are probably the weapon class that has the most bases covered (with the exception of the VS, or so I am told). Meh, I don't medic enough to actually know what would be necessary for the AR weapon class for all factions. No doubt someone would however.
  19. eldarfalcongravtank

VS/TR designs look pretty similar to already existing variants.

the devs could make UNIQUE weapon models for the empire-specific sniper rifles! why can't they do the same for the medics' assault rifles? are they out of ideas? in a hurry? lazy? or just incompetent?
  20. DeadliestMoon

Yeah people dont check whether or not threads have already been made on the subject they want to talk about.