Unusual ways of getting killed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Linedan

I have killed friendly snipers at towers by repairing the turret they are standing next to. Turret switches from burned shell to rebuilt turret, sniper standing next to the old turret instantly dies. Oops.

Also, I fall off things a lot.
    • Up x 4
  2. TriumphantJelly

My mag decided it would be cool to enter warpspace... and the floor.
    • Up x 1
  3. maudibe

I had that happen ...once. I was over yellow light beam after parking my Sundy in corner stairwell of tower and started rising up and ....DIDN"T STOP. I got so high up it was like being on the moon as the world below was a sphere. WTF? i said to myself, logged out, logged in.
  4. IOwnblueacre

Personal best? Dying to a midair max punch while escalating up to Allatum.

Also:

• Up x 2
  5. 99ytrewq911

Landed my reaver on an uneven road to repair. It slowly twitched/glitched toward me and instantly killed me without warning. I had to run back.
  6. Pikachu

Enemy fires a lock-on missile on my flash. I jump out just before it hits and my flash continues to move forward. The missile hits the ground between me and the flash yet me and the flash dies.
  7. Peter Daniel

Killed by Crown's bridge corner, while riding a Lightning.
  8. Bladebasher

I go to place an anti tank mine in front of the enemy vehicle spawn pad, it was in front of the enemy spawn, no enemies around (was stood in front of it for 10 seconds, any enemy that might have been there had plenty of time to kill me before I got the mine out), I place the mine down, it blows up in my face before it even hit the ground.
    • Up x 1
  9. RyanGUK

My favourite one was near Quartz Ridge where a Sunderer was trying to run away up the hill to the east. I was in hot pursuit with my Lightning and managed to kill it near the plateau of the hill.

As I drove off, the burning debris was rolling down the hill and crushed my Lightning, blowing me up.

Debris OP.
    • Up x 2
  10. ColonelChingles

This was actually the result of a change they made so you couldn't cheese vehicle/spawn room kills anymore. Pretty much near "friendly" territory (vehicle spawns and spawn rooms) any placed explosive will automatically detonate.

Soooo... completely working as intended! You cheeser you. :p
  11. Paski

Fly back to a tower to repair my mossy:
    • Jump out while landing and get crushed by my own mossy
    • Jump out while landing and momentum sends me over the edge
    • Jump out while landing and momentum sends my mossy over the edge
    • Jump out while landing and momentum sends my mossy over the edge and pulls me along with it
    • Jump out to repair only to see myself pull out a deci and make a nice blend of mossy debris and human remains
    The last one occasionally involves friendly maxes as well who now see a certain risk to spam "Need Repairs" if I'm around.
    Certing into auto-repair right now.
    • Up x 3
  12. FigM

I was flying a liberator over a fairly large battle and wanted to make emergency repairs behind a mountain, enemy just on other side. I was going in for a landing and changed my mind in last moment.. but not before squishing a friendly infiltrator.

I bet he was pretty pissed, seeing a friendly lib just come down from the sky, roadkill him, and fly away
    • Up x 2
  13. FigM

Sorry, but that kind of hand holding by game devs is lame.
    Whenever I pull a vehicle, I usually go and check for mines near the vehicle pad. The times when I don't do this and blow up I blame on myself. I thought it was one of the good ways to build combat discipline.

My respect for SOE goes down another notch
  14. iller

someone's going to have to explain this one to me ... and whoever the heck I hit with it

[IMG]

I actually got the cannon of my Lightning stuck right inside that corner/bumper somehow. The whole tank started flopping around faster and faster then instantly went from 100% health to 0% (with me inside it o/c)
  15. aRottenKomquat

I've had some strange kills(?) lately too. Log into the game, outfit mate pulls a Galaxy at the warpgate, I hop into the Galaxy, other outfit mates start spawning in...and we start getting gunner assist XP, from the warpgate, while not shoooting at anything, and having not gone anywhere yet.
    • Up x 1
  16. Suikoden

The most recent memorable thing i remember I was shooting small-arms fire to a low flying reaver, guy bails probably thinking he will crash to a base wall, gets crushed by his own reaver giving me the kill
    • Up x 1
  17. mavix

The best one was using a jump pad at a biolab and smacking into the side of a libby.
  18. nightbird

Deployed AV turret, move up too soon, died
  19. LightningBolts

I'm just a newb so I don't have much, but I tried to fly a galaxy and failed... killed 2 allies and a enemy.
  20. TheBlindFreak

Oh here's another one I recall. Reminded because of the tank mine discussion.

I was sniping at the old Quartz Ridge. For whatever reason, some dumb VS player left a tank mine on the upper infantry path about 50 or so meters from the spawn. I waited patiently for a couple guys to run over it and BOOM. 2 kills with one sniper round.
    • Up x 1