Unusual ways of getting killed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pikachu, Apr 2, 2014.

1. ronjahn

Was chasing a flash while riding solo in a harasser yesterday. He began driving towards a vanguard. Just as I am about to run the flash over, KABOOM. The flash, the vanguard, and my harasser all explode. Death by c4. The flash driver then sent me a tell saying thank you and that he had no idea I was there and only planned to suicide the Vanguard....
    • Up x 3
  2. Kcalehc

Standing on a cliff somewhere in SE Indar, Sundy behind me, TR infantry on opposite cliff. Killed with a head shot from a Striker... Somehow I moved exactly in the path of the rocket and it hit me in the head.

Most unusual kill has to be: shooting a Lightning on the bridge between palisade and crown with a decimator, driver tries to evade and ends up right on the edge of the bridge, he bails and immediately falls to his death as it puts him on the side over the edge. I get kill credit.
    • Up x 5
  3. Get2dachoppa

Chased an enemy up to the roof of a building where a Galaxy was hovering just above the rooftop. I continue chasing while hip firing at him, he jumps into the Galaxy and then it landed on me. Ouch.
    • Up x 2
  4. Traxiconn

My Mossie randomly poofed and I fell. :confused:
  5. Pikachu

I too have once been killed by striker as infantry. :confused:
  6. Killuminati C

I killed someone yesterday on my VS with an anti vehicle grenade (Don't ask me how as I haven't even certed into them).
    • Up x 1
  7. Pondera

Someone once jumped a Sunderer off the cliff by Howling Pass. I was only aware of it when it was flipping end over end and steam rolled over me before landing on its wheels and set off down the road again.
  8. NovaAustralis

THAT is Higbying hilarious! :)
    Kogoros should do a comic of that!
    • Up x 1
  9. SiosDashcR

He tried to C4 me multiple times after that, that day. Even though I have max Blockade.

And this -- He almost died. We tried to help him... but the damage was done.[/media]
  10. Iridar51

I once killed a guy, and he got his revenge on me by drop podding on my head literally within seconds after I killed him. :confused:

Another funny story is back from the time when I only have started playing PS2. I remember being a passenger in a Lib or a Gal, and it got hit by flak, hard. I was LA, so I bailed and landed safely on my Jump Jets. I was happy and thrilled to have survived, it all seemed pretty epic at the time.
    A second later I got crushed by falling debree from the aircraft that got blown up after I bailed. We were flying pretty high, so the chances of debree falling on my head very really small :rolleyes:

Not entirely on topic, because I survived that, but a heroic story nonetheless.

We were conducting a counter attack against NC, pushing from the biolab jump pad, that led to the neighboring base. I happened to play as medic at the time. So I let a bunch of heavies jump in front of me, and followed them shortly. As I landed on the jump pad at the base controlled by NC, I saw a picture that nearly stopped my heart and seemed to slow the passage of time itself. There were several NC infantrymen, waiting for us, accompanied by the dreaded NC dual shotgun MAX.
    *hearbeat*
    I see a fellow TR soldier ripped apart by gunfire.
    *hearbeat*
    I unload my TAR into the nearest NC soldier, blowing his head off.
    *hearbeat*
    My allies fall down at my feet, one by one decimated by shrapnel from the MAX.
    *hearbeat*
    I equip C4.
    *hearbeat*
    I'm the only one left. NC MAX is turning towards me.
    *hearbeat*
    I throw the C4 brick and watch it slowly flying towards MAX's feet.
    *hearbeat*
    MAX shoots at me. Shrapnel grazes me, tearing my shields off and leaving me with the shred of HP.
    I can literally feel the pain. Blood dims my eyesight as my screen turns red.
    *hearbeat*
    I detonate the C4, killing the MAX and the last NC soldier. I'm the only one standing.
    *hearbeat*
    I'm struggling to catch my breath. Hands are shaking from the adrenaline.
    I calm down, as I stand proud. I have endured another day. And endure I must, for the war will not decide who is right. Only who is left.
  11. AzureKnight

just this evening, I was at an amp station. I had just ran over from a nearby friendly base and was on my way to cap an AA turret and an inf. So I cloaked and hopped on the elevator. As soon as I got to the top of the elevator, I saw a missile coming from the same base I was at just in time to see it fly in to me and kill me.

A friendly shot a rocket from a nearby base at the turret I was going to hack as I was just getting to the top of the tower and it hit me.
    • Up x 1
  12. Radicals

Sneaking up on a magrider to blow it up with C4, as im putting on the first brick of C4 he starts turning around, when im putting the 2nd brick on hes facing me ready to kill me....now heres the fun part, He shoots, blows up the C4 killing himself, his gunner and the engineer standing behind him repairing (im still standing right in front of him) Obviously i get the credits for killing him even tho he blow up the C4 himself (YAY AWSOME 3 kills :D) ..
    Just a second later i get a friendly decimator shot in the back killing me :(
    • Up x 2
  13. BengalTiger

Recent unusual deaths I generated:

-A Liberator defeated by a Skyguard, in a 1 vs 1.
    It was a 3 round game, where the Lib flew off for repairs twice. Blinding the enemy's main gun with flak works, they could hardly put rounds within splash damage radius from me as I was racing around a frozen Esamir river.
    Later on they figured out to sneak up and tankbust me while I was firing on a second gunship.

-A Scythe defeated by an AP round. This particular shell was fired blindly through a tree, all I had was the dorito for reference. The pilot was a BR 100 and definitely knew how to fly. Got a message - "Lawl" a minute later.

-A cloaking flash defeated by Vanguard. Not by a Titan shell, not by an Enforcer round, by the Vanguard itself. The guy was harassing my wingman.

-A C4 fairy got killed by his own C4.
    As soon as the C4 landed on my tank, I shielded up, got out and shot the bricks with my pistol. The first detonation gave me a Light Assault kill. Turns out he had to be right next to the tank.

And finally, from weeks ago - I set up a roadblock with a Harasser. I stopped a Flash dead in its tracks - it exploded on collision with me.
    Turns out it was a suicide C4 banzai kamikaze ***** guy, with enough C4 to kill a tank. What could my little, 4 wheel buggy do against that?

P.S. Also turns out holy war is censored...
    • Up x 1
  14. MajiinBuu

My sunderer got rammed by a super-speed galaxy(obviously speed hack).
    I actually thought it was pretty funny.
  15. Wizz

Shot gun, max, liberator, tank.
  16. Debe2233

I parked up my sundered in a quite tower to go make a cup of tea. Five minutes later I came back to find myself at the death screen. At first I thought, maybe, that a high achieving light assault had decided to head deep into enemy lines and taken me out, such is life… but no…

…Suicide…

The only thing I can think of is that being parked in an enclosed space with the engine running had caused acute carbon monoxide poisoning :(
    • Up x 3
  17. Koldorn

Waaaaaaay back when Planetside first launched...

I got a kill on a Lib with a Pandora + slugs. (Before they had small arms resistance)

Slightly more recently; approaching an NC tower. Doing my Engi duty. I pull up my ammo bus to the back of the tank line. Lightning backs up, smoking pretty bad. Get him rearmed, and repaired. Certs slowly rolling in.

Lots of heavy air fighting, one of the lightnings I'm fixing up gets spiked by some flying debris. Imagine my surprise when it survives!
    This goes on for a while. I see some reavers swoop in, some scythes engage back... one turns in the direction of our tank line. It's already smoking pretty good, so I spray a clip in it's general direction with my Solstice VE3.

And that's how I shot down a QRY pilot.

Can't really recall any funny deaths... only ones that stand out are the chain-grenade flukes. Few bases on amerish where 6+ grenade icons fly past the screen at the same time. Only to be followed by a second, sometimes third volley. Ok. I get it. This hallways is explode. Enough already!
  18. kadney

I once saw a cool video from someone that used a jumppad at an AMP Station and got roadkilled by a galaxy midair. :D Sadly I can't find it anymore.
  19. Gammit

Log in to Mattherson as NC, play, get killed by friendly, respawn, get killed by different friendly, respawn, get killed by different friendly...

or

My lightning explodes and pushes my character onto an elevator in an open-air base. My character begins floating up Amerish while "I believe I can fly" plays in my head. I can see the entire map, then my house... I finally hit /suicide when I was over 1 km above squad way-point, which was already on top of a mountain. For the record, you can indeed drop mines or C4 if that bug is affecting you.
  20. FaLI3N

It still does that? I used to troll people with it all the time when they parked their sunderer etc, it worked for all vehicles. Tried since I came back a few months ago and couldn't get it to work. Was funny as hell weapon locking people who were being pains in the **** with nothing they could do about it though xD

Anyway I got a reaver kill on someone who was flying at Mao southwest whilst I was killing mossies that landed at Hvar tech plant, gave me a roadkill bonus while I was walking thousands of km away as an infil. Only got to ask who I killed what happened because I had the stat tracker up at the time as the game only told me I roadkilled a reaver and got a kill. He said he was literally just flying over mao southwest and then blew up, he had no clue what happened either.

Another one was I teamkilled a max who was standing in the spawn room about 200m behind me, at first I was shooting an enemy and every shot came up with a friendly fire warning and then after that it didn't matter where I shot it hit the max. He sent me a rage tell and after I explained we both just sat there confused.