Unclaimed Pre-Orders? Argh! I knew this was going to be a good game...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by STeGaMeLiOn, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Ryloxx

You mean like the thousands of keys they were giving out? By the time I noticed I was invited on my main Station account in the tech test, I already had a bunch of guest keys and an invite on 2 other email accounts.

6 month boost in reality is a boost as long as you can stand to only be at 10% xp while everyone else is using 50%.

I'm going to keep arguing this point too, until people start understanding exactly how SOE marketed this and took your money.
  2. Curze

well, my experience differs from yours, point by point

without the alpha squad I´d have never had the chance to test the game. yep, I am the unluckiest SOD on earth, I have been playing MMOs for well over 10 years, sign in to nearly all betatestings out there, and I think I could count the times I´ve been invited for free beta testing with the fingers of one stump

not everybody else is running 50%. if anything, most people arent running anything at all. also the 50% is 7 days not 6 months, of those who are buying them now, not all of them are willing to put the money to keep em running for 6 months.

last, as someone else mentioned, the 4 weapons you get unlocked for free will forever be unlocked in any char you make any time, whereas with SC you would have to repurchase them every single time.
  3. Ryloxx

Right , the 50% is 6 days. By using the 6 days, you immediately lose 6 months. Do you get what I'm saying here? I can't afford 50% xp for 6 months, I want it for ONE WEEK.

I cannot have it for one week, because I would lose my Alpha Squad.
  4. GamerOS

Why are people complaining about the Alpha squad deal?

4K SC worth the price of the package...
    12 guns, 4 on each faction, on every character you ever create. That's what? At least 20$ worth in SC?
    A nice camo (a permanent camo unlock is worth 500SC or 5$), emblem for the people who cared.
    10% boost for exp and resources (should have been a buff, not a booster)
    and instant access to beta.

Seemed worth it to me.

Sure buying 40$ worth of SC on a 3x SC day would have seen more return for your investment, but it was worth it despite that in my opinion.
    • Up x 1
  5. Curze

also, the weapons are useless? well, I disagree
    I can use the EM6 instead of the SAW on my NC HA <---- HUGE Improvement
    I can use bolt action sniper rifles right off the bat outside of NC <---- INMENSE Improvement
  6. GamerOS

Don't forget the NC get the LA-80, a gun with so little drop it took me a while to realize I didn't have to compensate for anything in 150M.
  7. TheEvilBlight

There were some questionable Alpha squad weapons, but the pulsar-c and the hv-45 weren't bad. The choice of LMG for the Vanu was wonky (pulsar LSW or Flare next time, but you can't choose 'em all!)

That said, those weapons will regenerate on every future VS, TR and NC character I make: repurchasing guns is a long term pain in the neck. But considering that each character is a sunk investment, I'm unlikely to roll new characters. It only looks good because of the wonky mechanics of being forced to buy guns per character instead of per faction per account or even per account.
  8. STeGaMeLiOn

When is the next 3X sale?

What? I didn't see any ability scores. Did I miss something? Maybe u just meant create...

Also, I play NC cause its easier to recognize the other two factions in as enemies (they are darker, and my friendlies are much lighter to physically see). What are some stylish guns for this faction I should check out?
  9. ed_anger

Anyone who buys SC when it's not on sale is an idiot. Sony has already had several x2 and x3 events in the last month. If I had known during beta I wouldn't have bothered with the Alpha squad either, and would have just gotten x3 SC and a 6-month membership, much better use of money.

--40K SC is not worth $40 if you only buy on x3 events. it's 1/3 of what you can get.
    --set unlocks you don't want aren't very useful, nor are unlocks for factions you don't play.
    --camo and decal, so what.
    --10% boost that conflicts with bought 50% implants.
    --and considering beta access wasn't that hard to get, again, I would have passed on the deal if I had known about x3 SC events and the 50% XP membership bonus. So the OP shouldn't feel too bad about missing out on Alpha squad.
  10. SturmovikDrakon

Then you would had to blow 60$ worth of that SC on those 12 unlocks (if they're worth 500sc each), plus another 15$ worth of the permanent Alpha camo for infantry, vehicle and airplane (if they were available otherwise). Except you get all those for free. And on any new character you create.
    It's still a solid deal and does not, in any way, deserve the title of a "rip-off"
  11. MortarionX

Well to answer the OPs question,which no one seems to have answered, the answer is a big fat NO. Alpha squad was only purchasable online during the beta. But it's too bad you didn't get, it was quite worth it.
  12. ed_anger

You don't get it. 12 unlocks where you don't have a choice or really want (or can't even use) are worth little. Camo you don't want is worth nothing. Buying x3 SC and buying exactly what you want is smart, Alpha squad was not particularly a great deal in retrospect. if you're happy with it, good for you.
  13. Nubs

I've read all your points and I'm still happy I bought alpha squad.

Name reservation.
    Atleast 3 guns I use over the stock guns (NC only, at some point il play more on the other empires nad then see which ones I prefer).
    Camo i use on my guns (which would normally be 500 for infantry, 500 for guns and 500 for vehicles).
    A 6month booster that I will save for when I have gotten to the stage where I have most of the certs i really want and have built up my subscription bonus from 25% to 50%, saving haveing to buy 4x7 day boosters every month. I may not have 75%-100% boost, but I'll be happy leaving at 60% at that stage.
    And 4000 station cash.
    Plus I was supporting the devs, which I personally wanted to do.