Unbreakable NC MAX Shield

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chiss, May 18, 2013.

1. Fernator

1VS1?

ROMAN STYLE ASSAULT *******. 50maxes going in while in Testudo??. It would be useless from a tactical perspective, but I would pay money to be in it:eek:
  2. ArcKnight

thats exactly what I'm worried about Higby messing around with what I invested in my MAX
  3. FinnSimmons

AFAIK you can reload while in shield mode :) is that OP enough?
  4. Kaon1311

So what do you want? A sheild that completly covers the max absorbing all damage, small arms, rockets and c4? With a set time limit and not a set amount of health? That can be toggled on/off? Oh with the ability to still shoot Back?

And you dont think that would be OP?
  5. Keelin

I'd take the shield over the boring ZOE anytime.
    That being said - i guess the grass is always greener on the other side.
  6. moooosa

The shield blocks 99.99% of UV's so this grass is all dead.
  7. SikVvVidiT

Can the user use the shield and disable it at will? Like how Heavys can with their shields?
  8. Antreya

Yes, but it's not instant activate like a heavy shield is. It takes something like 1 second to raise your arm animation for it before the shield then activates.
  9. LordMondando

I personally can't wait for it. Its very much a organised outfit sort of tool. But being able to create moving walls of cover is going to be invaluable.

I've allready seen it used on the test sever (by randoms, clearly team play minded). to set up a forward firing position of about 8 guys (3 maxes with it up, 5 infantry behind them) right next to an enemy spawn, suppressing it in a way that simple would not have been possible before.

still needs a bit of tweaking and I think 15k health would be a happy compromise between 10 and 20k.
  10. Keelin

I saw a video of someone testing this.
    I don't know if this changed but back then the damage blocking effect activated instantly - it was just the animation that wasn't instant.

EDIT: I think it was this video. Notice at around 0:29 the health is not changing despite the shield not being fully up yet.
  11. SolidSnake

lol.
  12. Chiss

Nice contradiction :p

"I prefer what we have, but i want what they have."
  13. retzger

I agree, kind of.

I think giving the NC the shield ability wasn't the best idea, personally I would've given a unbreakable shield to all factions MAX's and implemented some groovy new close combat weapons which could only be equipped if you used the shield (i.e it couldn't be used with guns at all).

While the shield to the front would be unbreakable it would still be flank-able and could be overwhelmed if the MAX didn't have backup.
  14. Czuuk

I love slippery slopes and theory crafting.
  15. Keelin

Sorry, I'm not sure how you managed to get that impression from what I've said there!

I prefer the NC shield over the ZOE and I'd rather have that.
    With that in mind - i could see myself saying that I'd rather have the ZOE if i was playing NC even though I'd prefer the shield right now (grass is always greener...).
    This is probably due to the fact that neither of them is perfect.
  16. Stew360

actually i would like SOE to leave the maxs alone they are already mostly OP versus pretty much anything exept maxs and heavy tanks

So yeah these ability will simply bring way much more imbalanced between factions but also beween maxs and infantry

Vs maxs will be a 3X heavy assault on steroides

the TR maxs will be a defense master and base campers on steroides

and the NC will be a slow mooving easy target for c4 and rocket splash damage etc...
  17. Kaon1311

All you can see are the downsides of your faction ability and the up sides of the other 2.

VS will take more damage while Zoe is active.
    TR cant move while lockdown and will have the same movement as a mana turret.

So with sheild NC max will be the only one suscepticle to C4, Rocket splash etc because its slow moving? I think the max that cant move during its ability would be more suscepticle, dont you?

I would still rather run into a room and try take on a TR or VS max cqc with its ability active than an NC max anyday.

If anything, the sheild would make the NC max even more dangerous cqc as now it can sheild while reloading.
  18. Kaon1311

The way i see it -

TR lockdown will make AA bursters and Fracture maxes insane.

VS Zoe will make mid to long range and AA maxes own.

NC sheild will make them even more OP cqc combat, like biolabs, any base indoors and defending points.

But hey, thats my opinion, and like a$$holes, we all have one :)

Maybe wait till they are out, give them a week to see how things pan out, then post?
  19. Zombo

looking at how fast the shield is recharging, i think giving it 10K hp is enough
    maybe alter the small arms fire a bit, but anything else would be overpowered comparing it to the other two factions MAX abilitys, which both have a way more significant downside

AND that makes the NC max kind of the only one able to survive C4 like that right?
  20. toxs

SHIELD BASH!

Just like in Skyri....oh wait after the first use it gltiches and never works again.