Ultimate TR assault rifle

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by RHYS4190, Dec 15, 2013.

1. RHYS4190

Now this is really hard to exactly nail down what is the best, TR CVS or the cycler, Good points with the cycler it really stable it easy to keep on target and it groups well 750rpm makes it on par with every other gun out there. i like it because it will preform well at any range but exells when you go out to longer distances.

TAR is supposed to be the main choose over the cycler but it really seems to preform poorer to the cycler and for a extra 50 RPM who cares's you do get soft point ammo but i never found that to be a really game changer how ever 45 extra RPM and soft point are.

Though in no way is the CVS as fool proof as the T1 cycler.
  2. HerpTheDerp

Actually 750RPM for a 143 base damage weapon is above average DPS-wise. Normal DPS for 143dmg is 698RPM.

The problem with Cycler is that it was hit with nerf bat twice. The recoil was increased to 0.27(from 0.22!) during the "TR rebalance" AND recoil reduction was removed from the forward grips. That was just one nerf too many.
    • Up x 1
  3. Kociboss

@OP

Wait, I'm confused.

You mean Cycler TRV (CVS)?
  4. FieldMarshall

I use the TRV with a grip for CQB (thats right, grip for cqb) and the SABR for everything else.
  5. TacticalButterknife

Ehh, I know what you mean when you talk about T1 Cycler being really great. ( At least, I assume that's what you're saying. I'm hoping that that I didn't misinterpret your post) I literally spent zero certs on it, not grip or laser, no scopes, nothing, and I got an Auraxium;).

But in all honestly, I feel that the TAR is just straight up superior. It has access to soft point, which is actually VERY powerful when used in those medium ranges, and the advanced laser sight turns it into a SMG. Well, almost. But its recoil is manageable, and I daresay just as much as the T1. So... yeah. Just my opinion on the matter.
  6. Dudeman325420

Basically, use the T1 (or T1S) as an all-arounder. Doesn't excel in any range bracket, but it can compete with the best in each.

TAR is the short-range hipfire. TRV is the short-range ADS. Take your pick.

SABR is for long range work, and that's about it.

Oh, and the T1B isn't bad for on-the-move ADS up to 40m or so, if you can handle the way burst-fire works. If you can't, just spray with one of the two bullet hoses.
  7. RHYS4190

I found the TAR to be a bit meah compered to the T1 cyler and it still shoots so good I never realised they nerfed the T1 cyler
  8. Genserik

After the balance patch you will probably begin to use the Cycler TRV more as opposed to other Medic weapons. We have been playing on the test server the past few nights as we help experiment with the balance changes and it's been outperforming the TAR.
  9. Nakar

The T1B got the heck buffed out of it on PTS. Look at its accuracy now!
  10. RHYS4190

Im finding the TRV better then the TAR it actually handles better, though 30mps less speed does stuff me up a bit, but this gun really makes up for short falls in close quarters even when you get caught out you will still win.

Though Cyler is better in control. iv found Both the TRV and the Tar have two recoil patterns up and to the right and straight up where as the cylers totally consistent.

problem with burst is that your never going to get constant dps. you think it does not matter all i have to do is get 2 3 groups on some one and iv got them well it never really works out like that.
  11. TacticalButterknife

Finally... just something to ease my pain. Using it for the Auraxium, and its a PAIN to use.
  12. Kociboss

TAR is really jerky now on PTS (and I assume it will be on live after today's patch).

TRV smooth like butter. Well, almost.

T1B...Haven't tried it, is the 1st shot recoil multiplier better now? Can you actually hit targets with 3 instead of 2 bullets at long range?
  13. Kociboss

If only it didn't have such horrific TRV...
  14. Bankrotas

Best TR assault rifle is Carnage AR, sadly, you don't own it.
    • Up x 2
  15. RHYS4190

im finding that too TRV seems better now, TAR just got this really nasty jerk that is very unpredictable, im finding im just using the TRV and liking it a lot better and just under standing that im going to struggle at longer ranges then I would have using the TAR pre patch.

TAR been really heavitly hit
    I think it was to much first shot recoil is now 3.0 from 2.75 and recoil is now 3

that a massive jump I really think it just too much. first shot recoil is the worst because it just throws off your aim every time I can't prodict what this weapon is going to do now.

Though vanu have it worse there H-45 been really gutted according too the stats and it was basically like a TAR before any way so I really don't see why they changed it because it was balanced.
  16. Elkybam

T1 Cycler is too good for a standard medic rifle. The accuracy is very manageable that I have successfully attempted to kill snipers from over 70 meters. Both accuracy and RoF gives the gun so much versatility.

As for the TAR, I'm not so sure. I don't use it as often as the Cycler.
    • Up x 1
  17. Paulus

I used to swear by the TRV, but just recently I'm finding a full clip doesn't kill people, I think there are some hit detection /damage detection issues, or the new version of nanoweave has some quirks to iron out.
  18. HerpTheDerp

Fixed that for you
  19. RHYS4190

iv found the same I think it more the hit box's there not as good as before they changed them and iv noticed it will quite a lot of other guns as well not just the TRV I think it a problem server wise or patch wise they really did mess quite a lot with the game. plus this gun got such a high ROF that I think some times the hits just don't register but then again you get so many that it does not matter as much, Am hoping they will fix the hit boxes soon because people have been having trouble.
    this game is a lot more frustrating after the patch TR really arnt that good any more but im one of those people who hates all the other class's but medic, nerfing the TAR again was a step to far I like the T1 but it just does not have the accuracy it used and Im aften finding my self insta gibbed by high rate of fire weapons. only thing that the TR have that any good is the TRV and that really a finiky beast some times it preforms well and other times it really lets you done it no where near as realible as the TAR once you worked out it quinks took me a long time to appreciate that gun
  20. vsae

T1, SABR.
    TRV and TAR are too unwieldly and only good for CQC 1v1 engagements.
    • Up x 1