TSAR-42 with 4x scope - gameplay vid

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by d34thw4g0n, Feb 9, 2013.

1. d34thw4g0n

had fun making it. hope you enjoy.
  2. avery649

Sorry man, it's blocked in U.S. at the very least because it has content from UMPG Publishing and EMI
  3. Astraka

Bummer. Always interested in seeing TSAR-42 play.
  4. d34thw4g0n

Figured this would happen but not so soon. I will have to find a new audio track. Too bad as it synced perfectly to Beastie Boys' Sabotage.
  5. d34thw4g0n

Ok, got my audio squared away so this should be available now. I grabbed a few filler clips to make it work with the new remix.
    • Up x 4
  6. HydrooPUMP

Excellent!

Doh what I'd give to have as much FPS as you :S

I was pondering between this and semi-auto with low-scopes for more action skirmishes at closer distances as you've shown in your vid.
  7. Mustarde

Thats a great video - lots of fun to watch. Well done!
  8. d34thw4g0n

Thanks! Glad you guys liked it. I know your pain HydrooPUMP. I was running minimum settings and barely getting 20 FPS in larger fights when the game came out. I ended up upgrading my rig and it is night and day for the larger fights. Though I generally get about 20 FPS more than what is listed in the video as FRAPs recording tanks it a bit.
  9. Smokeshot

Can you put iron sights on that gun, I think that would be fun as heck going behind infantry groups and picking them off (especially with a supresser)
  10. d34thw4g0n

yes. just remove the scope in your loadout. i believe the TSAR-42 actually comes default with just the iron sights.
  11. Smokeshot

Oh cool, thanks i might get one (but the 'murican version)
  12. Tnsr

Impressive aiming skills
    But unfortunately, let's be honest, everything you've done there could also have been done with a normal bolt action and 6x scope. That's the main problem of the long range bolt rifle.
    Currently I use the Impetus, the semi automatic long range rifle of the NC and it is a true love-hate relationship as it often more of luck than skill if you kill someone with it as soon as the target is medium or short range.
  13. d34thw4g0n

I agree, everything I did in this vid could have been done with any of the bolt actions using a 6x scope but then I would have to rename this thread as I used a 4x scope. Seriously though, at least for TR, the TSAR-42 is the fastest bolt action rifle but it only comes with 4x magnification maximum. So there is some benefit to using it but I admit it is marginal.

The real benefit to me is the added situational awareness you have when you aren't scoped in too far. I find it much easier to be agile and follow the flow of the fight when using a lesser powered scope. Plus I just enjoy it more which is the real reason for this vid. I would probably still do better with an SR-7 with a 10/12x scope but I don't enjoy it as much.
    • Up x 1
  14. Separatists

makes me wanna save my certs for a tsar-42 now lol. nice vid =)
  15. d34thw4g0n

thanks! glad you liked it.
  16. Talizzar

Says the video is private and a bunch of post have been deleted from this thread.
  17. RadarX

No posts have been deleted from this thread.

Hopefully this will be placed public so we can all enjoy it.
    • Up x 2
  18. Lakora

The first one was unavailable in the US for something so makes sense to make it private I guess... He did add another one that isn't private and it's quite impressive aim....

Second one he posted:
  19. Mustarde

I think the original had to be modified due to the music used that was copyright blocked on YouTube in the US. His second post in this thread is the reposting with working audio. Unless I am missing something?

I thought it was an awesome video and mirrors my experience with the TSAR. My favorite feature of this gun is the really fast rechamber/reload. It feels great and let's you get that second body shot on someone that you might have missed the headshot on.

My only complaint about the scopes - the reflex dots can obstruct the entire head so I stay away from them. The 3.4x scopes use chevrons and the actual center of the shot is not intuitive, or useful for precision. That pretty much leaves me using the 4x marksman scope exclusively. It's fine, I like it, but would not mind a 2x or 3.4x with finer reticules for sniping.
  20. d34thw4g0n

Lakora is correct. The first vid I posted didn't work so I pulled it and reposted again with the working version which Lakora posted. Should be available for all to see.